IGNORED

Comic Books / Graphic Novels thread

Rubin Farr

foreshorten

[fawr-shawr-tn, fohr-]

IPA Syllables

verb (used with object)
Fine Arts. to reduce or distort (parts of a represented object that are not parallel to the picture plane) in order to convey the illusion of three-dimensional space as perceived by the human eye: often done according to the rules of perspective.

that looks like im being rude, im not.. yes its been done over the top lol.. MAN ARM

Edited by lala

I like the artstyle on that Prophet cover, might give that a try as well.

That DC page is a bit odd especially considering it's more explicit than that pulled Killing Joke homage cover Capullo did that people were getting up in arms about.

Looks more like an interior / first page than a cover tbh, considering there's no logo or anything. Also that's where the full credits and the arc/chapter title usually are

Oh yeah, I'm sure it's an inside page, still... bit bold for DC

I don't normally read a ton of superhero books, but I've gotten it into my head that I've got to read the Frank Miller Daredevil run. It's cool, pulpy fun so far, but these incredibly verbose 80s comics really can be chore.

Bought book one of Preacher. Excited.

I read about 30 issues of Preacher when it got reprinted in the Dredd Megazine, really good writing / art / concepts.

It's one of those comics I wanted to pick up again and read all the way through but never got round too yet.

Picked up Vol. 5 & 6 of Batman today along with Vol. 1 of Batman Eternal, which I had started reading with individual issues but fell way behind...

Is Snyder's New 52 run of Swamp Thing any good? I loved Moore's classic run, but heard the series went to shit after Moore stopped writing for it. I like what Snyder's done with Batman so far so I'd be curious how he tackles ol' Swampy.

Also still meaning to get to Miller's Daredevil run, and Southern Bastards sounds interesting, I love a good crime comic.

^ Charles Soule, who took over after Snyder, had a pretty good run on Swamp Thing. I've heard that Snyder's run started well, but then got derailed by the Rotworld crossover (which also screwed up a good Animal Man run by Jeff Lemire) and never really recovered.

Edited by doublename

Ah okay, I wonder if I'd be missing much if I skipped Snyder's run and jumped to Soule, or is it still worth reading from the beginning of the 52 era.

I enjoyed all of the recent swamp thing run.

Rotworld was the low point, but it helps if you read Animal Man too.

I have given up on DC now that both of those books have come to an end. The crossovers with crossovers and team ups were doing my noggin in.

I just wanted some decent self contained story arcs that make me enjoy a few characters. Swampy and Mr Butter Baker mainly did that, but unfortunately I guess they didn't shift enough units and they got axed.

Edited by fletcher

I enjoyed all of the recent swamp thing run.

Rotworld was the low point, but it helps if you read Animal Man too.

I have given up on DC now that both of those books have come to an end. The crossovers with crossovers and team ups were doing my noggin in.

I just wanted some decent self contained story arcs that make me enjoy a few characters. Swampy and Mr Butter Baker mainly did that, but unfortunately I guess they didn't shift enough units and they got axed.

You should give The Omega Men a shot -- religious fanaticism, space terrorism, it's the most out there book DC is doing right now.

Grayson is also quality, but I worry it will get sucked into a shitty Batman crossover sooner or later. Looks like they'll manage to finish the first year with no interference though.

Edited by doublename

Thanks for the Brandon Graham recommendation - working my way through Multiple Warheads at the moment, really love the style! Just wish i had a larger tablet to enjoy it even more with.

Jumping back and forth between that and Akira at the moment (colour version)

Will check out King City afterwards

(also, i'm sure everyone in this thread knows of it, but if not - Domu is highly recommended!)