IGNORED

Comic Books / Graphic Novels thread

Rubin Farr

I enjoyed all of the recent swamp thing run.

Rotworld was the low point, but it helps if you read Animal Man too.

I have given up on DC now that both of those books have come to an end. The crossovers with crossovers and team ups were doing my noggin in.

I just wanted some decent self contained story arcs that make me enjoy a few characters. Swampy and Mr Butter Baker mainly did that, but unfortunately I guess they didn't shift enough units and they got axed.

You should give The Omega Men a shot -- religious fanaticism, space terrorism, it's the most out there book DC is doing right now.

Thanks will look into Omega Men, looks like the first TP is out early next year so I'll keep an eye out for it.

Anybody here into Mignolaverse comics? I've blown through ~4 volumes of BPRD in the last few days, but neither of the first two Hellboy trades did anything for me.

Is the other stuff good too?

for all those swamp thing fans who never made it through all 177 issues of the original 'saga' run

they just started releasing the graphic novels of the last 40 or so issues written by Grant Morrison/Mark Millary and later just Mark Millar. I know what you're thinking, 'why would i want to read Mark Millar doing swamp thing, does he write Tefe saying cunt?'

no its actually really good surprisingly, arguably the best thing Millar has ever done

here is the first one out so far

51BLoHIyUxL.jpg

collects issues 140- 150

^ I'm at the end of a long library wait list for that one, good to hear Millar doesn't Millar it up.

I'm drooling over Tula Lotay's IG account right now:

Ek2i9Ll.jpg

xcKJ4H4.jpg

CgXUtCv.jpg

bhwlF15.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

did anyone here like Batman RIP or Final Crisis? Its basically the last batman and superman stories before the New 52 reset. Surprisingly psychedelic and dark even for a Grant Morrison story

nope, will have a look, i like psychedelic and dark.

and rumble looks cool!

did anyone here like Batman RIP or Final Crisis? Its basically the last batman and superman stories before the New 52 reset. Surprisingly psychedelic and dark even for a Grant Morrison story

nope, will have a look, i like psychedelic and dark.

here's a sample

SupermanBeyond2.jpg

^was that from the 3D superman comic?

i just remember superman's tombstone

TO BE CONTINUED...

did anyone here like Batman RIP or Final Crisis? Its basically the last batman and superman stories before the New 52 reset. Surprisingly psychedelic and dark even

for a Grant Morrison story

yeah, RIP & final crisis get way to much hate. that Return of Bruce Wayne time travel story he did as a follow up to RIP was good too.

Edited by Kilgore Trout

Guest bitroast

Surprisingly psychedelic and dark even for a Grant Morrison story

i dont know how anyone can expect to say that and not raise a few eyebrows.

interested.

looks like Image is the new Vertigo

Image has had tons of great releases over the past 10 or so years. They publish most of the titles that I read.

Hell, they republished Scud.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

noice. sep30 i believe is the new sandman #6 release date. just about finishing American Gods atm actually too. getting good timing to finally start with issue 1 i think :):):)

Guest bitroast

funny thing is i generally don't bother with single issues and just stick with TPBs and collected issues, graphic novels etc.

never .. again .. lol

Guest bitroast

i got local comic shop keeping aside an issue every time one comes of the new sandman.

specifically asked to have the mckean covers. i kind of lost track and started getting phone calls saying "is this ben? we've had your copy of sandman issue 5 sitting aside for a couple of weeks now..." as if it was some massive insult that i didn't pick up the issue on day one (despite the fact the series in general had been constantly delayed + keeping track of when the issues hit australian shores = pretty much impossible keeping track of when the issues are arriving). my issue 5 ended up NOT being mckean cover :catrage:

not really a big deal but even then, it's like.. what's the point in having these? may as well just throw them in the bin and buy the TPB when it comes out ... lol

^ (slight exaggeration maybe. i 'm probably not actually that angry or actually flipping tables over this)