IGNORED

Comic Books / Graphic Novels thread

Rubin Farr

• 2 weeks later...

wtf..

Marvel has signed a 20-year deal with Stan Lee Universe, a venture between Genius Brands International and POW! Entertainment, to license the name and likeness of Lee for use in future feature films and television productions, as well as Disney theme parks, various “experiences” and merchandising.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/stan-lee-marvel-studios-licensing-deal-1235149039/

Edited by iococoi

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dcom said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4bb369fe45e9a0f09da88500a5c32011.jpeg

10 kg/22 lb of Akira, 4.3 kg/9.5 lb of The Walking Dead. Heavy reading.

Is that the colored version of akira?  Mine is black and white.

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

DC made Sandman vol. 1 free to read with registration:

I've had them all as collected hardbacks since my teens, wouldn't part with them for the world. Sandman needs to be read on paper, although I've been dipping into digital comics during the past few years as well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dcom said:

I've had them all as collected hardbacks since my teens, wouldn't part with them for the world. Sandman needs to be read on paper, although I've been dipping into digital comics during the past few years as well.

Still got all my softcover Sandman TPBs, but never got the last 2 volumes, still have paper copies of Overture too. The Achilles heel of digital copies is, eventually your device goes out of date, found that out the hard way.

1 minute ago, Rubin Farr said:

Still got all my softcover Sandman TPBs, but never got the last 2 volumes, still have paper copies of Overture too. The Achilles heel of digital copies is, eventually your device goes out of date, found that out the hard way.

Yeah, that happens, paper has physical longevity, especially when treated right. I've got proper storage boxes for all my comics, graphic novels and assorted miscellania, and my wife hates them, because they take up space and they're non-negotiable (the other ones are books, records, and audio equipment).

13 minutes ago, dcom said:

Sandman needs to be read on paper

only read all the sandman hardbacks for the first time last august - september from the public library

amazing journey

and with having a power cut scheduled tomorrow to remind me

remember to own physical copies

9 minutes ago, dcom said:

Yeah, that happens, paper has physical longevity, especially when treated right. I've got proper storage boxes for all my comics, graphic novels and assorted miscellania, and my wife hates them, because they take up space and they're non-negotiable (the other ones are books, records, and audio equipment).

Dude they take up SO much fucking room. 

Just now, Rubin Farr said:

Dude they take up SO much fucking room. 

Yeah, currently I've got about 35 shelf-metres of books, 25+ shelf-metres of vinyl (that's over a metric ton/2200 lbs of atoms) etc. None of my friends have ever been to two of my moves, and with good reason.

Blue Giant is an excellent manga about music, probably the best Ive read. I think the first 4 volumes are out in english, the sequel, less so.

BlueGiant1_p14-15-1536x1071.png

BlueGiant1_p38.pngBlueGiant_p37.png

BlueGiant4_p217.png

Edited by droid
  • Like 2

got one-punch man vol. 1, 3-6 & 8 but missing 2 & 7 from the public library for tomorrow

motivation to get in shape 100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups and 100 squats

i live on the side of a hill so i'll run up and down for a while to round it out

21 hours ago, diatoms said:

got one-punch man vol. 1, 3-6 & 8 but missing 2 & 7 from the public library for tomorrow

motivation to get in shape 100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups and 100 squats

i live on the side of a hill so i'll run up and down for a while to round it out

Runnin up that hill

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Runnin up that hill

yeah tried runnin today and realized there's lots o bush in the way

35 minutes ago, diatoms said:

yeah tried runnin today and realized there's lots o bush in the way

trimmin up that bush 

• 2 weeks later...