IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

hilariously unbelievable that Steinvord wouldn't want any gigs or attention the the excellent work 'he' did on the 12".

would be better if its someone new. steinvord pls

if it is, he's capable of making perfect sounding Drukqs outtakes and at the same time only cares to release them in 96kbps shit quality on myspace. lol . Pretty much the most cock-tease electronic musician of all time.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

if we were to take what Grant said at face value, it seems like he's implying whoever Steinvord is might already have releases out but under a different name ("without an extensive discography"). Since steinvord only has one release that we are aware of, does it make sense to even refer to his single 12" ep as part of a "discography"?

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

If I were to take what Grant said at face value I'd probably agree with him that a single 12" EP isn't an extensive discography

i don't think any of those songs are drukqs sound-alikes, certainly not b-sides. i don't like to compare music unless it's for a useful purpose, but just in case steinvord is reading this, i probably prefer a bunch of steinvord songs to a bunch of drukqs songs, in a way.

i hear some influence, i think steinvord probably loves aphex twin and squarepusher, and i think he's honest enough not to construct his music around the idea of not sounding like them.

i think some people are gonna be eating their hats.

i don't think any of those songs are drukqs sound-alikes, certainly not b-sides. i don't like to compare music unless it's for a useful purpose, but just in case steinvord is reading this, i probably prefer a bunch of steinvord songs to a bunch of drukqs songs, in a way.

i hear some influence, i think steinvord probably loves aphex twin and squarepusher, and i think he's honest enough not to construct his music around the idea of not sounding like them.

lol yeah there's no way this is a drukqs outtake :cisfor:

I feel its real weird that one Steinvord track sounds almost exactly like My Fucking Sound.

yeah... someone here put the two tracks over top of each other.. .wish I could find that vid it was interesting to see that they were almost identical in form and palette.

lol yeah there's no way this is a drukqs outtake :cisfor:

listen to 0:35 to 0:53, that doesn't sound like anything on drukqs. that dark broody shit, steinvord does that like noone else. at 1:42 again the melody has that character, like a manic halloween sardonic vibe that is not characteristic of james or jenkinson.

i'm not saying it's impossible it's them, i'm saying i can see it not being them.

Edited by very honest

checkout 1:30 - 2:00 of Omgyjya-Switch and then recheck this track, very similar drum programming and basically identical drum kit/drum samples as far as I can tell.

even has the same glitched out breaks

Edited by StephenG

is that Steinvord track still on myspace? I'm still willing to believe that this is neither richard or tom, but more likely someone forgot to remove that deady giveaway track from the page, making the myth collapse like a balsa wood structure

*takes balloon up my ass to spain*

Edited by John Ehrlichman

checkout 1:30 - 2:00 of Omgyjya-Switch and then recheck this track, very similar drum programming and basically identical drum kit/drum samples as far as I can tell.

even has the same glitched out breaks

i think james' samples sound different (more lush), and steinvord's programming sounds more vicious, comparing those two songs.

i just listened to my fucking sound slowed down -20.63 percent (the way i like maelstrom), and it really is far from a match. i can see why people would think it is: the beginnings and endings bear some resemblance in structure, though the sounds being used are not the same. listen to both at that speed and you will see they're completely different songs. i don't see any shared sound packs or patches.

is that Steinvord track still on myspace? I'm still willing to believe that this is neither richard or tom, but more likely someone forgot to remove that deady giveaway track from the page, making the myth collapse like a balsa wood structure

*takes balloon up my ass to spain*

what song

Edited by very honest

Is there more tracks of steinvord anyone knows about, or that's it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EP

Backyard

Maelstorm

Iyff Acid e1 (Lyff Acid Edit 1)

Cyg X-1 (untitled 11)

Ontrack v2

Myspaces

Room

Rules the Read II

Untitled

Untitled 9

Untitled 11

Untitled 97

phorumwanky 'intelligent review mix' (also never heard it untill today, yey, new steinvord for me!)

btw anyone can give me phorumwanky im mp3/whatever?

EP

Backyard

Maelstorm

Cyg X-1 (untitled 11)

Ontrack v2

Myspaces

Room

Rules the Read II

Untitled

Untitled 9

Untitled 11

Untitled 97

phorumwanky 'intelligent review mix' (also never heard it untill today, yey, new steinvord for me!)

phorumwanky 'intelligent review mix' is by tussicles, no the tuss, i believe think...

Edited by Anchio Arch io Son Pittore

I presume Steinvord was created specifically for a thread like this. Perfectly engineered for (some of) us to endlessly mull over....

Almost like a musical pratical joke :wink:

Edited by beerwolf

EP

Backyard

Maelstorm

Cyg X-1 (untitled 11)

Ontrack v2

Myspaces

Room

Rules the Read II

Untitled

Untitled 9

Untitled 11

Untitled 97

don't think so. i would clarify that iyff acid edit 1 is a different mix than iyff acid e1, the former being the version on myspace. also, i don't think there ever was a "Lyff acid," i think someone misread a capital i as an l