IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

lol I uhhhh.... ordered one.... and then I got drunk one night and forgot I had ordered one.... and ordered another.... then did the same thing again a few nights later. :facepalm:

:beer:

What are the other reasons that it can't be Jk, out of curiosity?

well check out Iffy acid for one. Listen to how beefy (in the low end and mid bass regions) the break is Eqed. That alone sounds more like Richard than Jodey Kendrick. Ive never heard Jodey mix a break sample to sound like that. Also check out the spectral smearing/glitching effects happening, very trademark Richard something Jodey to my knowledge has never done on a track.

Untitled 9 is about the most un-Aphex track on there, it sounds like Wisp (or, comparing with some of the EDM stuff, Jodey Kendrick). Compared to the rest it's also standing out, so I wouldn't be suprised if it was an umbrella project ala Gescom. That Untitled track that everyone sees as a Drukqs outtake is more akin to those new EDM tracks (based on the samples).

So I still have my eye on Jodey Kendrick, just listen to this:

http://youtu.be/SZbUWKlk2Vw?t=31m52s

That said, I can also sort-of agree with Ehrlichman, and since I'm a noob on production chops I'm inclined to believe you. On the other hand when taking into account the high rate of progress in Jodey's tracks I wouldn't be suprised if it was him.

...I'll never figure this out. I don't even play it that regularly anymore, the 12" is a bit of a mess.

for those who have the vinyl, there is a long gap between two tracks (first side if i remember correctly), it seems a bit unlikely that a fresh new rephlex signing would require this, as it's total nonsense, quite irritating indeed (and the kind of silly stuff Aphex is into...)

for those who have the vinyl, there is a long gap between two tracks (first side if i remember correctly), it seems a bit unlikely that a fresh new rephlex signing would require this, as it's total nonsense, quite irritating indeed (and the kind of silly stuff Aphex is into...)

Are you talking about the locked groove? That's on the 12" too, completely unnecessary = why I hardly play it. Plus the quality of the production is a bit meh, Steinvord always reminds me of the colour grey, a messy and muddy / smeared out sound. The same vibe/sound I get with that radio broadcast.

That's why I can't believe it's Aphex, his main focus this last decade seem to be to perfect his production skills, Steinvord isn't near that.

yeah my record player actually plays the locked groove for a few minutes before launching the last track ; regarding the perfect sound skills well aphex released some chaotic tunes (Mangle11, Run the place red remix) in 2003, i believe the ep is a split with Squarepusher... i barely knows JK music so i cannot say much about it.

Are you talking about the locked groove? That's on the 12" too, completely unnecessary = why I hardly play it. Plus the quality of the production is a bit meh, Steinvord always reminds me of the colour grey, a messy and muddy / smeared out sound. The same vibe/sound I get with that radio broadcast.

That's why I can't believe it's Aphex, his main focus this last decade seem to be to perfect his production skills, Steinvord isn't near that.

Or maybe that's just what he wants you to think! Mwahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!

Let's face it, for every argument there can be a counter argument... Until anyone gets some real clues or evidence (*coughstephengcough*) I'm not really that interested :)

Let's face it, for every argument there can be a counter argument... Until anyone gets some real clues or evidence (*coughstephengcough*) I'm not really that interested :)

Exactly! I try to give up but everytime this thread pops up I want to take another well thought-out guess. Hopeless :)

lol

do you guys even have ears?

:cerious:

edit: that's just how I feel sometimes when it's so obvious who it is. Felt the same way about the tuss stuff, knew that it was aphex. Of course we don't KNOW until someone owns up to it, but then again with rdj being such a liar if he admitted to having a part in it then people would STILL think it's controversial. And Tom isn't very vocal these days.

Edited by StephenG

Lol, the mysterious-ness is all part of the vibe.

I leaned more towards it being tom until I realised I don't really care.

For sure! Good music is good music, doesn't matter the name behind it I suppose.

I'm sure we'll actually find out sometime in 2026 when one of these guys lets it slip in an interview.

Lol, the mysterious-ness is all part of the vibe.

I leaned more towards it being tom until I realised I don't really care.

For sure! Good music is good music, doesn't matter the name behind it I suppose.

I'm sure we'll actually find out sometime in 2026 when one of these guys lets it slip in an interview.

I'd be interested to know but the not knowing is cool, like when I used to go down to the local record shop to pick some new white labels for the week, a lot of the time I had no idea who they were and every now and then I'd find a belting track! I'm not really sure what my point is except I find it cool not knowing. I guess you're just judging it on the beats, on its own style, I guess you could say, it tells you a lot about your own personal taste.

I'm babbling, Carry on :)

Have you heard the production on the 2 remixes of cock10 and cymru beats? or mangle11 or run the place red remix? You could say exactly the same about these.

The final CD release of drukqs was much more polished. These 2 remixes sound straight out of richard's computer/gear, without any polishing, it sounds really raw. I get a similar vibe with the steinvord production, i would even say it's a bit more polished than a track like run the place red remix or some of the other.

Guest skibby

Have you heard the production on the 2 remixes of cock10 and cymru beats? or mangle11 or run the place red remix? You could say exactly the same about these.

The final CD release of drukqs was much more polished. These 2 remixes sound straight out of richard's computer/gear, without any polishing, it sounds really raw. I get a similar vibe with the steinvord production, i would even say it's a bit more polished than a track like run the place red remix or some of the other.

i think those arent early mixes, but late mixes that were fucked with a little more. cause theres some flourishes and stuff that seems added. in some ways, they seemed worked on more. at least the cymru one. the fenix one seems like an early mix.

speaking of fenix, is the noyze interview done yet?

Maybe nostalgia related for me, but those tracks sound really clear and polished to me :)

Coincidentally, Grant spoke on Steinvord yesterday:

steinvord is not rdj or tj, not even slightly, steinvord is

a separate independant (younger) person (from an entirely

separate country), without an extensive discography.

He denied it with The Tuss too, but that was towards press (this is not) so that had a clear motive. I'm inclined to believe him (this time).

Maybe nostalgia related for me, but those tracks sound really clear and polished to me :)

He denied it with The Tuss too, but that was towards press (this is not) so that had a clear motive. I'm inclined to believe him (this time).

That account being Grant is just another myth, proves (or disproves) nothing.

That account being Grant is just another myth, proves (or disproves) nothing.

I agree it (dis)proves nothing, the chances he's just stirring up are huge. But it's a nice confirmation of what my ears hear :)

edit: What calx said.

Oooo, I 'know' what the new shit is (read:what I want it to be). It's an Ask Steinvord Anything at WATMM alongside a set with old and new work and a new release!

And in what kind of context Grant mentioned about that Steinvord bit? Was it asked or did he just happen to feel an unstoppable urge to share some Steinvord facts out of the blue? I should really stop hoping for the Steinvord album/comp/whatever. Maybe it's somekind of a mental condition.