• Avrocar - Maiden 39
  • In Trance 95 - 21st Century European Temptation
  • Raime - You Will Lift Your Frame Clear
  • Throbbing Gristle - United
  • Sandwell District - Untitled A
  • HTRK - Slo Glo
  • Aphex Twin - I
  • Death in June - Crush My Love

i think them going from charging 300 bucks for a record to charging 300 bucks for a record in a museum is a great transition.

all sarcasm aside, loved their releases and wish them luck.

Guest primusluta

Well that was an interesting read. Can't decide if I would have preferred the "its hard running a label" answer.

Guest Lucy Faringold

How are you guys reading that feature? When the pics come up they're way too low res to read. I cannae work it oot!

Guest Lucy Faringold

Thanks for hooking me up with that Usagi/Tauhid :biggrin:

Probably good that they're dissolving the label (although the announcement is hardly definitive); referencing Gysin and Burroughs in 2012 feels about as old hat as it gets. And as for all that fighting stuff :facepalm:

The 11,000 different versions of Feed Forward were a pretty good indication that they were running out of steam.

I thought everything they did was completely unremarkable. They were a hype-based label which is why it makes sense for them to do this - already building hype for the comeback.

opinions man, watmm largely seems to me to be kind of uninterested in that deep as fuck german techno sound, whereas for me it makes me happy in my pants, absolutely addicted.

the last time i saw sandwell district live it was truely awe inspiring.

I thought everything they did was completely unremarkable. They were a hype-based label which is why it makes sense for them to do this - already building hype for the comeback.

I think you were shiteing on about hype in another thread, what hype? I think theyre a fairly modest act making pretty nice music.

I think you were shiteing on about hype in another thread, what hype? I think theyre a fairly modest act making pretty nice music.

well fair enough, i didn't really mean that they were themselves creating the hype, just that they were riding on the waves of hype. it just seems that RA, fact, and related "techno" media outlets were basically going crazy over this label and I don't see why. The buzz in the "underground" techno scene over feed-forward got pretty ridiculous imo, over what is basically a harmless if pleasant record.

I will agree that they make nice music but it didn't stand out for me from the dozens of other labels/artists making similar music nowadays (i.e. the whole stroboscopic artifacts roster, perc trax etc.)

On the other hand this could just be a fault of mine. I realize that techno is a genre that evolves slowly and the techno definition of "game-changing" is not always what one might think "game-changing" is. I realize that producing music that is simultaneously emotive and interesting at home, while also trying to maintain dancefloor appeal, must be difficult. but that's why I think people like 2562, scuba, and related artists are more vital these days.

opinions man, watmm largely seems to me to be kind of uninterested in that deep as fuck german techno sound, whereas for me it makes me happy in my pants, absolutely addicted.

I love gas and basic channel/chain reaction, does that count? To me the new guys still don't even come close to that

Archived