IGNORED

Atom™ - Cold Memories

Redruth

"Cold Memories is Atom Heart's contribution to Ambient City radio project realized for the first time in Helsinki in 1994. The original DAT-tape was compiled by Atom Heart from dubs and versions of his previously

released tracks such as "Holon", "Data Haiku", "One Atomsecond" and "Ode to b.g." among others. Tracks were mixed together with unreleased songs making all together 2 hours continuous music that was

divided into two parts for the double CD issue. Cold Memories is together with Aphex Twins' Ambient Works the cleanest and most crystallized samples of the ambient techno movement in Europe in early 90's."

He seems to re-invent himself with every new release. apart from some weaker points his albums on rather interesting are really wonderful stuff. "Muster" is my favourite but it seems I should look after Sähkö again from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

I`ve been listening to this on Spotify and it`s really good, right up my street, but I`m a huge fan of that early to mind nineties Electronica/Ambient. First time time listening to this guys stuff as well and I`m impressed. Read about his music in the 90`s but I never got around to listening/buying any of it.

-slooowmootion

That opening track gets me every time.

same, have you heard ricardo villalobos playing it at fabric last year? pretty great:

anyway really enjoying the album, haven't given it a 'proper' listen yet as its always playing in the background while im doing some work so i zone out.

Archived