IGNORED

Sand Circles - Motor City

sheatheman

https://bleep.com/release/35931

With hazy harmonies and melancholic melodies it evokes moments of Boards of Canada, with pulsing beats and looping synths stitching together these nostalgic moments, it drives the listener towards the horizon of Italo Disco, while simultaneously dragging the listener down in to the disorientating depths of Andy Stott. A beautifully crafted record the further more illustrates the excellent selection and curation of this ever evolving label.

I know midnight crimes got some buzz on here, but I can't find anything on this. It's pretty amazing stuff. I was looking at Galaxy Gardens and getting all excited, and then I saw this and am maybe equally excited. Whoever wrote this bleep description is right, I really hear some strange mix of BoC and Andy Stott.

• 2 months later...
Guest trananhhung

Gorgeous. I listened to Distant Lights from the Bleep podcast. Enormous sound.

Who are these guys?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest interr0bangr

Wasn't there supposed to be a vinyl version coming or am I imagining things?

ask notnotfun

I did.

"there have beeen talks about doing that. think we're gonna do sand circles' debut 12" first, then maybe reissue 'motor city' next year, get it remastered and all that

so: think it will happen, but not for a little bit"

• 3 years later...

Archived