IGNORED

New Forum Theme - WATMM Classic

Joyrex

OK, I've gotten enough tweaked on the new WATMM Classic theme to let you guys start using it, and hopefully provide feedback. There's still things to tweak, and if something doesn't seem right, be sure to hit F5 a few times to refresh the style sheets and clear the cached versions you might be still reading from.

YES, you can always switch back to the other themes - the colours for this one was inspired by an old theme we had back when WATMM first launched, and was suggested by another forum member for something with less contrast (I think "get rid of the fucking white everywhere" was his exact words).

Once I have this one completely converted and adjusted to our liking, I'll probably do more, and welcome any suggestions on colours, ideas, etc.

Will take getting used to, but I was enjoying the wider format of the previous theme. The constricted width seems like a step backwards.

I can easily make a percentage-based variant - the reasoning behind a fixed width is so you don't have to read long lines of text if you're using a higher resolution display.

seems easy on the eyes alot more than just white, would it be possible in the future to have a number of color combinations like that?

That's the plan - and for specific subforums to have their own themes as well.

The grey fonts are to hard to read in classic. Perhaps a darker color?

Yeah, like I said - tweaking here and there, and I agree with that.

Big change for me and I'm sure other newer members, but I like it and will likely forget the old scheme. Look forward to the tweaking. Love the way the quoted text stands out on posts too.

The grey fonts are to hard to read in classic. Perhaps a darker color?

this, otherwise it's really nice.

although everything that is white seems too bright now, quotes for example.

although everything that is white seems too bright now, quotes for example.

I feel this way as well. Otherwise, this theme is cool. Will be waiting for the non-fixed width version.

I feel the quote boxes need a little more of a border.

i agree, quote boxes should be darker. other than that, it looks great!

edit - just saw my sig and noticed the blue link color looks a little off with this theme. can you change link color in the theme? if so maybe a darker blue would be nice.

I like the classic theme not only for nostalgia but also it looks less generic... the normal theme looks a little bit like "default" colours if that makes sense (that said... it still looks pretty slick).

Thanks Joyrex :)

Archived