IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Burger

Guest bitroast

atomic-burger-close-up.jpg

Atomic Burger, the super-cool comic book-themed diner in Oxford’s studenty Cowley Road, has just changed its challenge.

The original burger challenge, the Godzilla, looked painful enough. According to legend (well, the local newspaper) it was this burger from which the city-destroying Japanese monster took its name. No one knows if this is true, but the bloke I watched attempt it definitely came off worse than Tokyo.

The original challenge was described by the chaps from Atomic Burger as their ‘massive tribute to the mighty Adam Richman.’

If that was massive, then their new challenge is something else entirely.

The Fallout burger consists of: A Triple Beefburger with Triple American Cheese and XXX Ghost Chilli Sauce, served between 2 Deep-Fried Pizza Burger Buns and with a portion of Triple Chilli Sci-Fries.

It is not just huge, but it is also eye-wateringly spicy. Grown men will cry. To be one of them, snap on your protective gloves and head down to either the original Atomic Burger outlet, or its little brother Atomic Pizza just down the road – either way you get a T-shirt and the 100 fastest make it on to their Wall of Flame.

*edit*

Not tried this yet, but I have seen people in the restaurant try... and ridiculously fail.

I have a pretty good tolerance for heat and I have had a few bhut jolokia chili sauces in the past, 100 fastest times can be seen here, think I will give it a go!

Would post photos.

Edited by feltcher

Guest happycase

Mouth-watering for Atomic Burger, but I know damn well that ghost chili is nothing to fuck with. That said, the burgers featured in the previous post look delicious and manageable.

I know damn well that ghost chili is nothing to fuck with.

Yup. I put bhut jolokia chili paste in a pasta dish once. I pretty much spent the rest of the night on the couch in pain.

that looks like it would go well with a beer. baph, let us eat and be alcohol together.

That cheddar was actually beer-infused, making the burger xtra manly and alcohol

I know damn well that ghost chili is nothing to fuck with.

Yup. I put bhut jolokia chili paste in a pasta dish once. I pretty much spent the rest of the night on the couch in pain.

ghost chili is pretty f'en spicy. I've got this hot sauce made with the Trinidad Maruga Scorpion though. Its hot as shit and basically melts your ass the day after.

I'd be down to try the atomic burger. :emotawesomepm9:

5 guys.

45023_10200344286672384_431299479_n.jpg

I love 5 guys burgers and fries. They aren't gourmet or anything but they're damn good and big for a chain burger. and good fries too :D

Guest happycase

^^ They're too damn greasy. I can understand a nice juicy piece of hamburger meat, and embrace it, but I've never touched a 5 guys burger that wasn't soaked through and through. That said, they're mouth-wateringly good.

Edit: Probably my fault for putting so much shit on it, but I can't help it.

I've gotten insanely ill from having too much hot sauce. It started with my intestines burning for two days and then my entire body started trying to fight the burn off, and it completely lost the battle. Ended up ill for a couple more days on top of that.

Edited by happycase

It's funny, now that you mention it that pic of Jules' looks pretty greasy! The ones I've had have been alright.

Go easy on the hot sauce!! Sounds like you had a rough time lol. Not to mention the ring of fire: sphincturis burnis, rectal retribution, etc etc

is that greasy comment a joke about my son you bastard?

just kidding. grease is flavor. and grease is the word. grease is the word that you heard.

It's got groove it's got meaning. that shit is the time. it's the place. it's the motion. and damn it, it's the way we are feeling.

is that greasy comment a joke about my son you bastard?

just kidding. grease is flavor. and grease is the word. grease is the word that you heard.

It's got groove it's got meaning. that shit is the time. it's the place. it's the motion. and damn it, it's the way we are feeling.

wow is that your son? how old is he now? 19?