IGNORED

Otto von Schirach - Supermeng

Redruth

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The album is pretty sick...

I hate to be a party pooper but I could have done without the generic dubstep on the album... The rest of it is sick though. My favorite are Breathe The Beat and Ultimate Universe!

too elitist to enjoy a dubstep club track.

i found it fun enough too.. :shrug: THE BLOOOOB

and it has written otto von schirach all over it, it's not that it's generic lameness. it's humorous fun etc. and rides.

no it's not any elitist bullshit, it just sounds generic to me. And I don't like club tracks, it's just a matter of taste. If I hadn't heard it on the album and someone just played it to me I would have thought it was skrillex or something.

Glad you enjoyed it though.

To be honest I'm pretty happy that Otto moved on in style- you cannot noodle reaktor patches til the end of time without becoming boring.

To be honest I'm pretty happy that Otto moved on in style- you cannot noodle reaktor patches til the end of time without becoming boring.

True! Two of his songs I really enjoy are the ones that are the most "different" from his older material, like Ultimate Universe! It still has his funk/weirdness, really good production on it in my opinion. But I don't understand whats with the dub step....

Just as a counterpoint, oozing bass spasms had some very interesting bass music, like the song geliatin fixation, that didn't have this generic dub step sound of "the blob".

I'd still really like something as intensive as 8000 BC again. Though I also like the one that's like "My Supernatural Motorcycle Gang Will Knife You" or something.

He does though, seen some interviews of his in Spanish. Maybe he wrote it in crappy Spanish deliberately, sounds like an Otto thing to do.

I just saw an interview where he speaks in Spanish, and he's pretty fluent, so my bet is he deliberately wrote it that way

Archived