IGNORED

Otto von Schirach - Supermeng

Redruth

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He does though, seen some interviews of his in Spanish. Maybe he wrote it in crappy Spanish deliberately, sounds like an Otto thing to do.

I just saw an interview where he speaks in Spanish, and he's pretty fluent, so my bet is he deliberately wrote it that way

cubistic spanish

Just remembered that this album was originally supposed to come out on planet.mu.... =/

oh?

Yeah man! A year ago he was touring with venetian snares, and Otto was supposed to drop an album on Timesig, which I guess isn't really planet mu exactly...... I'll see if I can find the email...

Isn't Timesig Aaron's label? Don't see how Mu is involved.

I don't claim to know the legality of it, but I'm pretty sure it's subsidiary of planetmu... It is specifically for breakcore and other music with odd time signatures, that you are correct Aaron is heading up. It's just a way of distancing Aaron's sound (which is planet mu's biggest seller, I've read) from the direction planet mu is taking right now with footwork etc, while planet mu still gets royalties. Just adding a degree of separation is all.

I have 0 proof of that, but very similar examples were used in my legal studies textbook.

Edit: just wanted to add that I can't find a website for timesig anywhere, all releases on timesig are announced via planet mu newsletter/website, and selling and distribution seem to be handled by planet.mu too.

I don't claim to know the legality of it, but I'm pretty sure it's subsidiary of planetmu... It is specifically for breakcore and other music with odd time signatures, that you are correct Aaron is heading up. It's just a way of distancing Aaron's sound (which is planet mu's biggest seller, I've read) from the direction planet mu is taking right now with footwork etc, while planet mu still gets royalties. Just adding a degree of separation is all.

I have 0 proof of that, but very similar examples were used in my legal studies textbook.

Edit: just wanted to add that I can't find a website for timesig anywhere, all releases on timesig are announced via planet mu newsletter/website, and selling and distribution seem to be handled by planet.mu too.

You sir, have done your homework. :mu-ziq:

"salpica is when you tell someone to back up off you in SPANISH SLANG. salpica is when water touches hot oil like when your cooking un bistec and water falls on the manteca (oil) it pops or sprinkles on you salpica is the word for that so it means to get the hell away from me it's a cuban word used alot in little havanna or lil havanna and hialeah"

"salpica is when you tell someone to back up off you in SPANISH SLANG. salpica is when water touches hot oil like when your cooking un bistec and water falls on the manteca (oil) it pops or sprinkles on you salpica is the word for that so it means to get the hell away from me it's a cuban word used alot in little havanna or lil havanna and hialeah"

i meant the whole song :/

The perfect soundtrack to go with an alcohol and spliff night

I gotta say i love those brostep growls he made, they just sounds like his pitchshifted gore vocals from some of his previous albums :cisfor: he's just a master with the massive meng and does with every kind of music style what he wants :cool:

this is as official as you can get, the very end of the planmu discography (no seperate subdiscog like they do on ninja):

http://planet.mu/discography&page=14

it's all a bit weird what's going on with the idea of the sublabel.. i mean cubist reggae & sleep both weren't released on it.. the reason why otto in the end didn't release on it doesn't make much sense either imo, a better deal with Monkeytown?

I guess RIP TIMESIG then?

or maybe there's still another otto record around the corner..? doubt it, so I'll go with the preemptive RIP.

a better deal with Monkeytown?

or maybe there's still another otto record around the corner..? doubt it, so I'll go with the preemptive RIP.

bingo and bingo :happy:

Still loving this album, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Just thought it was curious/interesting. :beer:

I'll post a proper translation tomorrow, but you have to understand, I don't know if the lyrics are just poorly written or this is actually some south american slang I don't know of. For example, "yo le digo baby / yo soy el mas chico" translates to "I tell her: baby, I'm the smallest(?)". Maybe "chico" is a slang term I don't know, but normally it means small when used as an adjective and boy (man) when used as a noun. How would you translate "I'm the chico-est"?

I'll try to do my best tho

• 3 weeks later...

Archived