IGNORED

Team Doyobi - Digital Music Volume 1

Redruth

Guest Roksen Creek

Well, that's another way of putting it!

Wasn't Quinoline Yellow going to release another album soon, or will that be on his own label?

I'm sure I also read somewhere that Bola is recording again.

It's all looking good.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cover reminds me of good ol' NATO.0+55+3d modular-days.

The youtube track is really really well crafted, I will give it a try when boomkat samples them out.

Strange, sometimes acts can surprise me after many years.

TD is still new to me, but I think I'm gonna download a couple of their releases today. Their remix of Antennasia - Night Camel on the ICASEA Benefit Comp for Japan is superb.

Wow, this is easily the most excitnig release of 2012 so far. Art of Memorex is fantastic

Strange, sometimes acts can surprise me after many years.

Team Doyobi has gotten progressively stronger with each release. Their first few releases had really cool sound design, but structurally the pieces were all over the place. I'd say that DF0:Bad was the turning point, when they started becoming more compositionally sound, and it's been all uphill since then. I'm pumped for this one.

I've just heard DF0:Bad for the first time - I'm wondering if they had a hand in the most recent Gescom releases as structurally and production wise it sounds kinda similar.

Guest sirch

Team Doyobi has gotten progressively stronger with each release. Their first few releases had really cool sound design, but structurally the pieces were all over the place.

hmmm... i think they were probably meant to be like that.

it's actually one of the things i liked about their early releases, that they were a bit scatty. and they're still quite all over the place, in a good way.

if more straight-up, normal song-type structured electronic/dance compositions are what one prefers then i wouldn't really look to Skam for it anyway. :)

if more straight-up, normal song-type structured electronic/dance compositions are what one prefers then i wouldn't really look to Skam for it anyway. :)

What defines Skam is the consistent sound across releases, not a lack of compositional structure. I can't think of any other releases on the label that are as scatter-brained as Doyobi's early stuff. Even Mr. 76ix, who has a very short attention span, remains focused within each piece.

Not that there's anything wrong with enjoying the early Doyobi stuff, I just wanted to clarify that structured != conventional dance music.

Guest sirch

What defines Skam is the consistent sound across releases, not a lack of compositional structure. I can't think of any other releases on the label that are as scatter-brained as Doyobi's early stuff. Even Mr. 76ix, who has a very short attention span, remains focused within each piece.

Not that there's anything wrong with enjoying the early Doyobi stuff, I just wanted to clarify that structured != conventional dance music.

I'd say that's one of the main things that a lot of people like about them! - the changes? (skitz&skatter), and all the amazing/ interesting palette of sounds of course.

:shrug:

Guest sirch

Bah. just checked Boomkat and they're now saying 11 days til Shipping! ?

F that. think i'll cancel my order with them...

..and buy it direct from Skam when it's available to pur chase.

Sounds like it!

And if I got this correctly the TD of yesteryear was Alex Peverett + Chris Gladwin, and the TD of DMV1 is Alex Pevrett + Teig Hedlund. Or is Teig Hedlund = Chris Gladwin. I'm confused.

Guest konxompax

think its going to be the first ep in a series of releases.

chris mentioned they've got "fucking tonnes" of new stuff ready : )

Sounds like it!

And if I got this correctly the TD of yesteryear was Alex Peverett + Chris Gladwin, and the TD of DMV1 is Alex Pevrett + Teig Hedlund. Or is Teig Hedlund = Chris Gladwin. I'm confused.

TH = CG

and

CANNOT FUCKING WAIT TO HEAR THIS!

Archived