IGNORED

Team Doyobi - Digital Music Volume 1

Redruth

at this point i'd be surprised if any label big or small going through digital distribution would inadvertently let their music be on spotify. The reason i say this is because every time i look at my statements, spotify shows up as by far the most listens with the least money brought in. It's pretty hard to miss,

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at this point i'd be surprised if any label big or small going through digital distribution would inadvertently let their music be on spotify. The reason i say this is because every time i look at my statements, spotify shows up as by far the most listens with the least money brought in. It's pretty hard to miss,

Oh I understand that, I was just surprised to find out through this thread that the Skam catalogue was still up on Spotify after the conversation I had with Andy last year.

I really like this piece but that flanging that kicks in towards the end of Art of Memorex is a bit wtf?

This is maybe the strongest piece on the ep. I really love the mini album- it has really fully fleshed out ideas, something that was criticised some comments before.

Really a win-release in skam.

Oh I understand that, I was just surprised to find out through this thread that the Skam catalogue was still up on Spotify after the conversation I had with Andy last year.

I'm pretty sure the Skam back catalogue has been on there for quite some time. I also noticed the other day that Planet Mu have a load of older releases on there again, so they must have had a change of heart. All the Boxcutter albums, Machinedrum, some comps etc.

I finally got my record player in working order again... this release is awesome! I'm happy that Team Doyobi has continued their upward trajectory. I really like the more subdued moments on the album (like the first song on Side B). I can't recall them ever having released such a well-balanced album before. And it's nice that they are willing to stick with their melodies a little longer now; their music is still frenetic, but now their tracks evolve instead of going through awkwardly sudden transitions. Can't wait for Volume 2!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Kinda funny, you remember the discussion of the beginning of "Art Of Memorex". Some of you guessed it could be lifted from a Justice record. I was listening to the bleep preview of Goblin: Tenebrae OST and I'm pretty sure TD lifted it from a VHS copy with that soundtrack maybe.

https://bleep.com/release/39262-goblin-tenebre-ost

Right the first track preview after a few seconds.

Justice definitely heavily sampled the Tenebre theme song. I'm not so sure about Team Doyobi though; the two sound similar, but I think it might be coincidence. Goblin gets sampled a lot... I've heard the Buio Omega theme get sampled quite a bit too.

It kicks in after about 1 minute.

• 2 years later...

this and v2 are my fav Doyobi by far. Seemed like they really matured over these two releases, tying in much stronger melodies

Archived