Team Doyobi - Digital Music Volume 1

Redruth

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirch

is that the title of the new album?

Redruth where do you get your info?

you definitely work for Boomkat, innit ;)

"utilizing technological systems spanning the last four decades of electronic music making, the tonalities and timeless atmospheres contained on this sanguine recording were inspired by visions."

i'll bite

Yess! Good news.

I have been slowly collecting the whole Team Doyobi back catalog in last few years. Really like them. Very unique sound. :music:

It would be also nice to have some release from Cristopher Gladwin's The Wyrding Module solo project. The stuff I've heard so far has been brilliant.

Guest bitroast

i like these guys. they're like a chiptune version of autechre

that about sums them up. i too, like these guys. looking forward to this one:D

Yeah, I've always had a thing for Team Doyobi. One thing that kinda bothers me though is that they seem to hit a really awesome stride and pass by it WAY too early, and as a result I'll often listen to a 45-90 second chunk of one of their tracks over and over, and not be overly enthused about the rest of said track.

Normally that would be a huge turn-off, but those 45-90 second chunks that are good are SO fucking good that it's worth it.

Noteworthy chunks:

- The first 60 seconds of Time Blanket off Japan Benefit Comp

- Chouax Bomber 1:00 - 1:35

- Hipatropic Doyobi Drive.... 3:35 - 5:03 (arguably an excellent track all around though)

- Thus Jacked Zarathrusta 1:30 - 3:00

For the most part, the above tracks are half-decent but absolutely brilliant during those chunks. They should have milked those parts more. Agree/disagree.

Guest mrgypsum

im in that weird holding out for digital purchase zone... although if i dont see it i will pick up the 12inch for sure.

Guest Roksen Creek

That track is awesome.

Skam are absolutely on fire at the moment. Making Warp look a little pedestrian.

Guest sirch

YEAH!

Lovely colors n stuff.

their last EP was wicked and this looks like it's gonna be even wickididier!

Guest sirch

Skam are absolutely on fire at the moment. Making Warp look like the boring bearded coffee drinking pedestrian hipsters they are.

Yeah. this! :smile:

Archived