IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Looks like a poster for the new Monkey Island.

Yeah, kinda. Or an Assassin's Creed comic (God forbid!). It definitely looks, or at least I think it looks, shittier than the old covers. Way shittier.

EDIT:

Aaaaaand seconds after I wrote that, I find this...

http://kotaku.com/5987529/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-is-the-next-assassins-creed-ubisoft-confirms-now-about-that

Well, fuck.

But at least the ACTUAL cover is way better than what was leaked

original.jpg

Started playing max payne 3, only on the third chapter or something, but I'm a little underwhelmed so far. Is it all corridor/chopper shooting galleries interrupted by cut scenes or do you get to do a little free roaming later on? Free aim seems to be the only way to go for head shotty fun, right?

Edited by Gocab

Guest Frankie5fingers

Looks like a poster for the new Monkey Island.

Yeah, kinda. Or an Assassin's Creed comic (God forbid!). It definitely looks, or at least I think it looks, shittier than the old covers. Way shittier.

EDIT:

Aaaaaand seconds after I wrote that, I find this...

http://kotaku.com/5987529/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-is-the-next-assassins-creed-ubisoft-confirms-now-about-that

Well, fuck.

But at least the ACTUAL cover is way better than what was leaked

original.jpg

thats more like it. i knew that last one couldnt be the cover.

Max Payne 3 is definitely worth one playthrough. But it doesn't stand up to repeated plays simply because of unskippable cutscenes that load the next cutscene, which loads the next cutscene, which loads the next level.

Shame, really.

Max Payne 3 is definitely worth one playthrough. But it doesn't stand up to repeated plays simply because of unskippable cutscenes that load the next cutscene, which loads the next cutscene, which loads the next level.

Shame, really.

I liked Max Payne 3 better the second time around.

Shame, really.

Same here.

Shame, really.

Same here.

I think the second time around I had gotten used to the new style of Max Payne (mostly the setting and music) which made the second playthrough so much more enjoyable. I was pretty bummed out about the music to begin with but now I'm glad they took the chance and went in a different direction than what you would expect.

Also, were the loading times really that bad?

I feel Max Payne 3 was true in spirit to the first 2, it just was in a new setting. He had the same bitter worldviews, more so jaded with the time passed actually, and the unflinching grittiness was still there. It was nice that for a few levels they took you back to the old New York feel. I've been meaning to go back through it when I finish some other stuff. Good game. Anyone actually track down all the golden gun pieces without using the guide? I tried but feel like I failed miserably those things were well hidden.

I dunno, I'd say Raspberry Pi got there first - this one just has a bit more of a marketing appeal behind it. Plus nVidia are trying to get there too with their Android based console - http://shield.nvidia.com/

This isn't a handheld, its on the big screen and Raspberry pi doesn't have the graphics power to do modern games. Although arguable, the PC could substitute either, but both are small and Ouya has the ability to power modern games. Plus Ouya will have an open development kit, meaning you won't have to licences to make games on it, thus more cool games.

Edited by ZiggomaticV17

Played the God of War: Ascension demo last night - never though they could top GoW III this generation, but they did! Great gameplay, and terrific set pieces. Nice long demo too.

Played the God of War: Ascension demo last night - never though they could top GoW III this generation, but they did! Great gameplay, and terrific set pieces. Nice long demo too.

First of all, I always did dig GOW, but it's the same ol shit. That one boss where you pull the pillars down, one on the right side one on the left side. Geez, ripping off the scene from when you fight the big statue in the other GOW. While I understand this is a small small fraction of the game, it doesn't get me excited that its the same formula. I hope they are keeping some new shit underwraps for a surprise. Not sure how they topped the last GOW like u said