IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

shit id be interested in that too....i never thought ps3 would be much for those sort of city-sim type games though?

Skyrim and the Fallout games have MASSIVE explorable worlds, and the new DLC for Skyrim lets you build your own house.

Skyrim is such a great game. I find myself playing it for about 20 hours over a weekend completely obsessed, then not touching it for weeks only to pick it up again and fall in love all over.

I finished LOZ: A Link Between the Worlds during the holidays. It was ok, but a bit forgettable and too easy. It ended way sooner than I expected.

I bought Dead Space 3 for $20 the other day and I started playing it last night once it got dark. So far it's a bit disappointing. I'm not nearly as scared as I was playing the first one or even the second one. Maybe some good parts are still to come? Has anyone here beaten this game? Does it get better?

I finished LOZ: A Link Between the Worlds during the holidays. It was ok, but a bit forgettable and too easy. It ended way sooner than I expected.

i started it 2 days ago with the walkthrough i bought, i got to lorule yesterday and have bought all the weapons. please no spoilers

It kills me to read this, but a very thorough account of the jacked up lead up the Wii U launch from a 3rd party developer (I'm guessing either the COD or Mass Effect 3 developer) and really makes Nintendo sound incompetent on almost every level. I hate to say this but I've had a lot more fun with the 3DS than Wii U so far.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story

Bravely default on the 3ds, most enjoyable jrpg since Grandia II to me. It's like old school final fantasy, but less shit.

edit: I'm not that far in though, it might get terrible, but I have my doubts.

Edited by Gocab

I bought Dead Space 3 for $20 the other day and I started playing it last night once it got dark. So far it's a bit disappointing. I'm not nearly as scared as I was playing the first one or even the second one. Maybe some good parts are still to come? Has anyone here beaten this game? Does it get better?

It's unfortunately crap - they took everything that made the series great and squeezed the life out of it - much like Killzone. Still, 20 bucks is about what it's worth.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

well I've been a bit addicted to minecraft ps3 recently and I finally hit rock bottom his weekend. Still not found any obsidian though, despite mixing lava and water..

Guest Pennywise

well I've been a bit addicted to minecraft ps3 recently and I finally hit rock bottom his weekend. Still not found any obsidian though, despite mixing lava and water..

pour the water over still lava blocks. I've played this game for 4 years. 4 years! Such a great game.

Guest disparaissant

just finished compiling this gem for my RPi:

858081_765054370190571_1704452569_o.jpg

if you told 12-year-old me that i would be playing Descent on a 36" flatscreen TV from a linux computer the size of a credit card that cost $40 in the year 2014, 12-year-old me would have said "yeah, actually that sounds plausible."

Nice ! My TV seems to be really picky with screen resolutions & refresh rates and I can't get it to display Duke3D from my Pi despite many a tweak (Doom is fine). In fact - the only way I can get it to sync with the ol' Rasperry is to run my ps3 & turn the TV to that HDMI channel, then pull the HDMI lead from the PS3 and put it into the Pi and then turn it on to make sure the TV sees the colour box that displays when you boot up the system.

Guest viscosity

finally rigged this guy up again after putting it away for years:

post-6551-0-70947200-1389683897_thumb.jpg

post-6551-0-41573200-1389683905_thumb.jpg

needed to rework the back with an I-PAC. the X-arcade keyboard encoder I had previously was just a mess and kind of killed its ease-of use with all the cables required... had to have the Happ perfect 360 sticks wired to a butchered Xbox controller because the ground polarity of the X-Arcade didn't match... and also needed a separate 5v adapter to even function.. anyway the I-PAC solved all that and gets everything it needs from a single PS/2 USB connection.

so happy to have this working again, been getting so many games configured, mostly fighting. been playing lots of MK9, Injustice, and SFIV so far.. Some SHUMPs too, just got done playing a bit of Sine Mora

attachicon.gif2014-01-05-0659.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-01-08-0666.jpg

needed to rework the back with an I-PAC. the X-arcade keyboard encoder I had previously was just a mess and kind of killed its ease-of use with all the cables required... had to have the Happ perfect 360 sticks wired to a butchered Xbox controller because the ground polarity of the X-Arcade didn't match... and also needed a separate 5v adapter to even function.. anyway the I-PAC solved all that and gets everything it needs from a single PS/2 USB connection.

so happy to have this working again, been getting so many games configured, mostly fighting. been playing lots of MK9, Injustice, and SFIV so far.. Some SHUMPs too, just got done playing a bit of Sine Mora

Sine Mora is one of my favourtie SHUMPs...

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

pour the water over still lava blocks. I've played this game for 4 years. 4 years! Such a great game.

aha the important part seems to be "still" lava! thanks pennywise. I made a few randomly mixing water and lava but didnt understand why some turned and some didnt. now how do I make a portal with this shit? Am I supposed to figure it out or just read the wiki?

Guest disparaissant

Nice ! My TV seems to be really picky with screen resolutions & refresh rates and I can't get it to display Duke3D from my Pi despite many a tweak (Doom is fine). In fact - the only way I can get it to sync with the ol' Rasperry is to run my ps3 & turn the TV to that HDMI channel, then pull the HDMI lead from the PS3 and put it into the Pi and then turn it on to make sure the TV sees the colour box that displays when you boot up the system.

you can set descent to display at your TV's native display rate. it's in the cfg file located in ~/.d1x-rebirth

a JRPG lover's dream: Final Fantasy 11 & Dragon Quest X are crossing over in Japan, FF characters are "wandering" into DQ for timed events, just to rub our faces in the fact we don't get shit from Square in the western hemisphere except licensed crap, and endless FF13 spinoffs no one wants.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=220422

Guest viscosity

attachicon.gif2014-01-05-0659.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-01-08-0666.jpg

Sine Mora is one of my favourtie SHUMPs...

yeah I'm really enjoying it so far. only problem is sometimes I get so distracted by the scenery to focus on dodging bullets, gorgeous game. going to start up Jamestown again too now that I have a proper stick to play with

Guest jasondonervan

Nintendo UK's online store had a bit of a hiccup with pricing yesterday - digital games showing at heavily reduced prices, only for less than an hour. I managed to grab the following:

- Dankey Kang Country Returns (3DS)

- Mario & Luigi Dream Team (3DS)

- Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

- The Wonderful 101 (Wii U)

£30.48 for the lot. Actual value on the online store = £150.

On a sidenote, one of my favourite SNES games of all time is available on the eShop tomorrow - Legend of the Mystical Ninja (AKA Ganbare Goemon). I don't even care that Europe gets the 50hz shaft for it. it's steeped in nostalgia for me, I can't wait to play it again on my Wii U's gamepad.