IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Question... Does this mean the physical copies will also be on their way early? Or do we still wait until March?

And was there a leak that prompted this?

The working theory is that the Japanese iTunes dropped it early, although it's unknown if that was an accident or planned. The physical copy will still ship in March I'm sure because they can't just speed up the production lines.

Interesting! Makes sense RE the physical.

I wonder if warp's legal team is all over this biotch? (if it was an accidental release anyways...)

the potential live set of this type of material is incomprehensible

I was thinking the same thing earlier. This is a MASSIVE effort. And on top of that they potentially have another HOUR of newish material for a live gig. Fuck.

I'd like to think it was intentional. Good marketing strategy, get people thinking the wait will be 2 months and then drop the album after 1.

That's what I'm thinking too. All the buzz surrounding an "early release" etc.

I've read elsewhere that this usually happens with Autechre's albums?

Guest pixelives

I texted my buddy at the London office today and he didn't seem like it was a big deal, therefore planned, he also joked about how the fanboys broke the internet.

I texted my buddy at the London office today and he didn't seem like it was a big deal, therefore planned, he also joked about how the fanboys broke the internet.

we've been taken for a ride!!

I had a feeling that we are listening to official fake :D just couldn't match what i hear in music with what i read in the reviews. Felt kinda uncomfortable at moments. Very strange shit. Was hoping for some music, maybe.

lol, that was kind of my first feeling. We'll see if "it gets better", haha

So file size at 320 kbps should be (320 X120)/140 = 274.29 MB

Currently at 273

holy shit it's coming

edit: no it's still going at 275 what no

Edited by baph

Guest dylanmcknd

no, I've pretty well and truly debauched myself for the last 15 years

virgin to Exai, though

I would give up all the sex in the world for exai.

no doubt in my mind they knew they were releasing this a month early from the jump. they were fucking with watmm for sure.

interesting to have a release so universally praised from the get go. breaks all tradition.