IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Flep is a piece of shit man, dude elbowed me hard while i was walking around in LA.

lol

umm we need alco review?

I'd take this over draft and cornfield. then again, I'd take untilted over those two also.

yep. forever and always.

but exai makes me go

wee-bey-gif.gif

I'm not sure where to put Exai on scale with other albums but one thing i'm sure of is that i feel the genius of Ae is there in every single track but it's too soon to see the whole picture...only time can unveil its true nature.

At first i thought that Overmoves is shallow and superficial (in comparation to Confield-Draft-Untilted) but lately I've seen and learned so much from it. I was very wrong about it. Very wrong... I can only imagine what Exai is gonna do to me ones it maturate.

Nah it's just... where's the fun? where's the joy? They've been doom&gloom for the last half decade.

this is an empirically insane statement.

1) they were never an upbeat band

2) oversteps was not a particularly dark album

3) neither is Exai

Guest disoriental express

muscles and universes...alll i can say is boomerangs are here to stay....

muscles and universes...alll i can say is boomerangs are here to stay....

holy fuck jurassic park

good bye

WlDhvx4.gif

Edited by disoriental express

I'm so jealous of you shroomers right now, I wish I could still do that

I agree awp, the transitions on this record are untouchable

somewhere in the beginning if this thread when we were talki g about expectations, I said I wanted a combo of untitled and garbage; 11is just that. my autechre perfected.

can't get over that vocal breakdown in vekoS, one of the album highlights for sure.

with most double albums I feel they are bloated and don't deserve the length, not feeling that here.

it is a perfect album to do work to, the hours fly by and I'm very productive - thanks adderall...I mean ae!

this album is the ultimate AE Rorschach. Repeated listens get different results, people saying it's super dark others saying it's happy and playful. Very interesting how many different takes there are so far.

sounds vastly different on headphones vs speakers. I've done this test with other AE albums and besides maybe Confield and Draft, the difference is not this stark.

so does Autechre play as Raptor or Grant?

this is the ultimate megadrive jurassic park AE album, fuck 3do Jpark, that shit doesnt hold a candle to this

Edited by Awepittance

Has anyone considered that this may have been somewhat influenced by Ufabulum? Maybe they were well into creating it before Ufabulum came out but there is at least a similarity in that there is a return to complex & heavy but precise beat programming that a certain chunk of their followers had long been desiring.

Has anyone considered that this may have been somewhat influenced by Ufabulum? Maybe they were well into creating it before Ufabulum came out but there is at least a similarity in that there is a return to complex & heavy but precise beat programming that a certain chunk of their followers had long been desiring.

That's because autechre and squarepusher are WATMM lurkers

:mu-ziq: