IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest the anonymous forumite

I can't believe how lame "recks on"'s first part beat . Not witty at all, very surprising coming from Autechre.

lol

yea, that is one of my favorite parts of the album, especially when the hi hats kick in and there is that subtle bass kick delay. fucking christ.

Wrong Opinions - Starring your host... the anonymous forumite!

Seriously, this beat sounds at least 15-20 years old.

I can't believe how lame "recks on"'s first part beat . Not witty at all, very surprising coming from Autechre.

lol

yea, that is one of my favorite parts of the album, especially when the hi hats kick in and there is that subtle bass kick delay. fucking christ.

that's kind of what i like about it. it is a nod to their very beginnings.

lol

From what I've heard, their very beginnings do not sound like this at all. Any record you are thinking of ?

To me ,and as it's been said already, it's more scorny. I like Scorn a lot, but I wouldn't expect that kind of regular (as in boring) beat from autechre and the year 2013.

Edited by the anonymous forumite

lol

From what I've heard, their very beginnings do not sound like this at all. Any record you are thinking of ?

To me ,and as it's been said already, it's more scorny. I like Scorn a lot, but I wouldn't expect that kind of regular (as in boring) beat from autechre and the year 2013.

thinking of Cavity Job...but with these days sounds (except the snare...)

lol

i'm more thinking about their love for early hip hop...cardboard boxes, ghetto blasters and parachute pants.

lol

Lego Feet, for starters.

lol

i'm more thinking about their love for early hip hop...cardboard boxes, ghetto blasters and parachute pants.

Deco loc would better fit early hiphop, imo.

Guest disoriental express

cloudline -> deco Loc -> recks on definitely feels like a full circle affair. paying tribute to the good ole' days.

The end of T ess xi reminds me of their stereolab remix, with the dripping 4/4 hi-hat sound and the alternating, breath-pump chords (wait, that sounds like 'breast pump' ...) and the way the drums kind of slop and slide around (except the stereolab remix uses the drums from rae):

2:56ff.

(edit: one of my favorite of their remixes evarr!)

Guest pixelives

The end of T ess xi reminds me of their stereolab remix, with the dripping 4/4 hi-hat sound and the alternating, breath-pump chords (wait, that sounds like 'breast pump' ...) and the way the drums kind of slop and slide around (except the stereolab remix uses the drums from rae):

That's where I was trying to place it from!

Also yeah that rmx is devastatingly good. Blew my mind back in 98. Also I have the promo only 12." Never properly released on Vinyl 12."

Yeah it's brilliant. Didn't realise it was by them - only time I'd heard it was on one of the three 8/12 hour trasmissions and it's a bit of a pain to match up the tracklisting with the timings so never really know what's playing.

I think if I had to trim the fat and make it a single disc, I'd do something like this, with a fierce front half and a chill, dubby back half:

post-97-0-91918000-1360688680_thumb.jpg

i also think 'iv vv iv vv viii' has some strong similarities to both of these tracks, though it's a little more strange than the other two. when i heard the little squelch noises at around 4:00-5:00 on 't ess xi' the first thing i thought of was 'iv vv iv vv viii' (around, for instance, 3:30-4:00)

It's interesting, vi vv etc. has a very irregular beat, but enough of a rhythmic backbone that I can follow and love the track, whereas a track like deco loc leans too far toward random or arhythmic for me to get into the drums and hear more than just noises.

i mostly like the stumbling drums on this album, but i agree about deco loc. it's the worst track on the album, for me. but 'iv vv...' is great.