IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

As always Mister Beerwolf is late to the party. 30% of file has so far downloaded *twiddles thumbs*

downloaded file, mp3 player is dead so I need to charge player in order to play files *furiously twiddles thumbs*

Guest Lucy Faringold

Hi BZZZTT we're Autechre WUBWUBUWUB and we're still GNAARRRRR GNARRRR CLICK CLICK angry so here's BWZZZZZ our album Exai!
They gotta stop their gloomy haunted house reverb with buzzy electronic sounds schtick. It's been 3 albums now.

2wmnojo.jpg

Guest CobalTim

I Feel that Flep is Floopy Flat. It is the only track I don't really like. Oh, and cloudline drags for too long.

Edit: I was expecting psychedelic dolphins. We got the psychedelics, not the dolphins...

Edited by CobalTim

Guest disoriental express

Hi BZZZTT we're Autechre WUBWUBUWUB and we're still GNAARRRRR GNARRRR CLICK CLICK angry so here's BWZZZZZ our album Exai!
They gotta stop their gloomy haunted house reverb with buzzy electronic sounds schtick. It's been 3 albums now.

2wmnojo.jpg

170px-PhillipGlass.gif

Guest Lucy Faringold

Goddamn when that bassline fully materialises at 1.53 of vekoS I feel like I'm going to die it's such a perfect moment

Sean: You know how every album since LP5 has essentially been how far we can take the piss out of our audience.

Rob: Yeah.

Sean: Well how about we do a Skrillex on temazepam album.

Rob: Right...

Sean: And make it 2 hours long.

Rob: Ahahahaha, too far, those twats on watmm aren't that stupid.

Guest Lucy Faringold

Nah it's just... where's the fun? where's the joy? They've been doom&gloom for the last half decade.

If you can't discern any fun or joy in these tracks then that's definitely a problem at your end, I'd have to say. This shit is bursting with life and energy and feeling.

Guest disoriental express

Nah it's just... where's the fun? where's the joy? They've been doom&gloom for the last half decade.

it is many things at once. it all depends on your perspective, just like anything. i know i'm filled with joy and excitement exaitment while listenin :music:

that's kind of a messed up thing to say. if you enjoy it, that's fine, but why go out of your way to try and tell someone else that they have a problem, cause they said they didnt like it? does their opinion somehow lessen your enjoyment of the album? why would that be?

If you can't discern any fun or joy in these tracks then that's definitely a problem at your end, I'd have to say. This shit is bursting with life and energy and feeling.

Guest Lucy Faringold

that's kind of a messed up thing to say. if you enjoy it, that's fine, but why go out of your way to try and tell someone else that they have a problem, cause they said they didnt like it? does their opinion somehow lessen your enjoyment of the album? why would that be?

tumblr_lo9x45ow0d1qj164eo1_r1_400.gif

Guest pixelives

"Autechre can write whole new synthesis platforms in the time it takes My Bloody Valentine to change chords."

Haha gotta love Philip Sherburne

Awepittance, you mentioned physical modelling a few pages back, can you elaborate on that and point out the specific spots in Exai where it shows up? I'm curious to figure out what it sounds like, how it works etc

the only song that i feel is using it is Keyosc, but even that might not be the case. It could just be some kind of harmonic resonance filter with something being ran through it. It sort of reminds me of the physical modeling effect in Ableton called Corpus. I'm like 99% sure they used Sculpture on oversteps though (a logic exclusive phys mod plugin) which can also be used as an effect, so maybe it's that. Really dont know