IGNORED

Death Grips Drama

J3FF3R00

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I make this statement as a lawyer: If Death Grips actually breached a recording contract and that is actually Epic's response, Epic is a pretty fair and reasonable place.

Conversely: if Death Grips thinks this is an unreasonable response to their breach of a contract, then Death Grips are a bunch of fucking dipshit children.

If you think art wants to be free or some shit, don't fucking sign a fucking major label recording contract. If you're trying to make that statement and then you sign a fucking major label recording contract to prove a point, you are very stupid and should probably have a conservator appointed to make decisions for you.

If this is a joke and Epic is in on it, Epic is a pretty fair and reasonable place with a sense of humor, even if they mostly release horrifyingly bad music.

So... Epic comes out on top one way or another, great jerb Death Grips

Guest RadarJammer

Is Sean the real father?

What is Robs dark secret?

Is this the end of Death Grips?

Tune in next time to find out on As the World Turns

punk rock at its finest. i love it.

fuck major labels and their "fair and reasonable" response (sorry baph I love you still). major labels are a blight upon creatibity and art (and yes I say this in full knowledge that Aphex/Ae/Squarepusher/BoC/etc..have released on major labels in the past).

I just like the music and hope they're good when I see them live. Those recent performances didn't even have Flatlander onstage. wtf is that about

How cool. Nobody has ever stuck it to the man like this, its quite original. I mean, like, how cool. They are so anti-establishment. My 14 year old angst is so ridgid hard

The album art must be a censored image of their collective ego imo. Punk is dead and if this isn't a marketing stunt, they are a bunch of high-school anarchy retards. I hope they never release music again and get slobbed by sonys corporate dick.

The whole thing reeks of a CB4 style stunt. Why can't aphex do this shit? At least i'd hear good music

Bit late getting on the Death Grips train but The Money Store is probably the best thing I've heard in ages & the whole label drama/possible publicity stunt thing doesn't affect my enjoyment of it one iota

Death Grips are a bunch of fucking dipshit children.

this. and siding with the band because OMG SO PANK RAWK is stupid. this isn't klf trying to stick it to the man, just a bunch of kids trying to score some cool points by bothering a teacher.

Death Grips are a bunch of fucking dipshit children.

this. and siding with the band because OMG SO PANK RAWK is stupid. this isn't klf trying to stick it to the man, just a bunch of kids trying to score some cool points by bothering a teacher.

yeah, but they sound damn good while doing it

Bit late getting on the Death Grips train but The Money Store is probably the best thing I've heard in ages & the whole label drama/possible publicity stunt thing doesn't affect my enjoyment of it one iota

Amen, brother

Guest the anonymous forumite

One thing I don't understand about the death grips hype is how can people stand the "mc"'s "flow". He doen't even sound mad, just retarded.

Sure the sound and the beats are pretty cool and new, but get a real mc for fuck's sake.

One thing I don't understand about the death grips hype is how can people stand the "mc"'s "flow". He doen't even sound mad, just retarded.

Sure the sound and the beats are pretty cool and new, but get a real mc for fuck's sake.

Yeah, I guess I'm just jaded by living in LA, because there are dangerously unstable homeless dudes living right outside my apartment with better flow and lyrics, and they haven't sucked the corporate teat whilst pretending that nibbling on it a bit is an act of subversion, but rather will actually plunge a knife into your scrotum because you are a reptilian scumgod and they are warriors for the true and ineffable jenkem christ. BUT, LIKE, TO EACH THEIR OWN, MAN

Shit, son, I'm going to have to do some field recordings because I am not even

edit: no, but it's not funny at all, in the reality perception it ish tragic

Kinda agree with this. I'd love to hear instrumentals of their beats though.

Guest the anonymous forumite

Yeah, I guess I'm just jaded by living in LA, because there are dangerously unstable homeless dudes living right outside my apartment with better flow and lyrics, and they haven't sucked the corporate teat whilst pretending that nibbling on it a bit is an act of subversion, but rather will actually plunge a knife into your scrotum because you are a reptilian scumgod and they are warriors for the true and ineffable jenkem christ. BUT, LIKE, TO EACH THEIR OWN, MAN

Shit, son, I'm going to have to do some field recordings because I am not even

edit: no, but it's not funny at all, in the reality perception it ish tragic

oh and by the way, the Epic thing is not anti-anything, it's basically just a statement to say "hey we're the coolest guys in the music business". I'm not impressed.

I really like his vocals on Exmilitary and The Money Store, not as much on NLDW. He genuinely sounds different from other people, and he genuinely sounds like a homeless person. His flow is quite different, it's very on-beat and straightforward, as opposed to most rappers who have more swing in their voice. To each his own, though.

He genuinely sounds different from other people, and he genuinely sounds like a homeless person. His flow is quite different, it's very on-beat and straightforward, as opposed to most rappers who have more swing in their voice.

Yeah, I really like his vocals for all the above reasons. A lot of rappers sound like they're trying so hard to sound like the coolest guy on the street, but the DG guy just lets loose like he doesn't give a fuck... and I happen to like how that sounds.

Archived