IGNORED

Drukqs' 11th Birthday today.

ferro4prez

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blakeboogie

I still think Vordhosbn is the best track he's ever written. Got a lovely birthday present from my girlfriend a couple of weeks back.

post-4195-0-62527300-1350936309_thumb.jpeg

NM too :music:

WARPLP92 or WARPLP92X ?

Would have been nice if it was WARPLP92X (700 copies I think), it's the standard WARPLP92, lovely looking thing.

Drukqs takes a fucking massive shit over everything that has been released since then (in the field of electronica). BOOM!

*takes a look at his autechre vinyl collection*

:cerious:

I'm a big Ae fan but drukqs is far superior in every aspect to anything Ae has done

Drukqs takes a fucking massive shit over everything that has been released since then (in the field of electronica). BOOM!

I'm a big Ae fan but drukqs is far superior in every aspect to anything Ae has done

my opinion is better than yours.

no shit detected on surfaces of Ae releases

"incomplete without surface noise"

Well I guess there was effervescence in the shops back then for the release but was it also the case at parties ? I heard loads of testimonies from the "golden era" (= Classics era) stating you could hear an Aphex track in nearly every party getting thousands of people going nuts, but a lot less about thousands of people going mental on some "IDM" (sorry) tracks like Druqks at big events, infatuation just doesn't look the same.

I reckon it would be kinda less "rave" music indeed since it sounds more introspective ?

Anyway technically it must be his most accomplished album indeed but let me cold where early works fit my taste

any tasty experience about 00's vs 90's aphex related parties is welcome, I still have to build an opinion about this as I wasn't there

I want to believe

Well I guess there was effervescence in the shops back then for the release but was it also the case at parties ? I heard loads of testimonies from the "golden era" (= Classics era) stating you could hear an Aphex track in nearly every party getting thousands of people going nuts, but a lot less about thousands of people going mental on some "IDM" (sorry) tracks like Druqks at big events, infatuation just doesn't look the same.

I reckon it would be kinda less "rave" music indeed since it sounds more introspective ?

Anyway technically it must be his most accomplished album indeed but let me cold where early works fit my taste

any tasty experience about 00's vs 90's aphex related parties is welcome, I still have to build an opinion about this as I wasn't there

i partied a good bit to RDJA and Come to Daddy in the late 90's, and Windowlicker when it dropped. SAW1 for lush soundscapes, and used ICBYD mainly for studying chymistry (and maybe some physics). Didn't really get into the alts until the millennial tide shift.

SAWII i am still warming up to.

As for Drukqs:

Happy Birthday!

I still love you

For what it's worth, I find The Tuss to be a beautiful merging of Drukqs-style "super-mega micro-programming" and Analord-style "working-within-limitations ingenuity". Totally filled the Drukqs void for me, and if anything improved on it with some restraint and really interesting use of gear.

Richard, if you're out there, I think I speak for everyone that we'd love to hear more :)

@ferro4prez: Yeah, I agree. The Tuss is RDJ seven years further down the trajectory from Drukqs, still working hard and still progressing immensely on several levels. It's another reason why I view people seeing Drukqs as the "be all end all" of RDJ's output as self deceiving sentimentalists at best.

To: xxxxx@xxxxx.uio.no
Subject: WarpMart Order 38604-13228-xxxxxx Dispatched
Sender: Nobody <nobody@bleep.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 04:46:22 +0100

We are pleased to inform you that your order from ww.warprecords.com has been dispatched/processed.
Your order details are below. If your order contains a pre-ordered item then it may not be shipped for
a few days, otherwise it will be sent straight away.

Some orders are dispatched in more than one package which can arrive at different times - Warpmart
may use a special delivery option on some items (at no extra cost to you)

all enquiries: mart@warprecords.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------
WarpMart Order Dispatched :											 \
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Order No     : 38604-13228-xxxxx
Order Date :
Account Name : xxxxx@xxxxx.uio.no

Invoice To :
xxxxx
xxxxx

Oslo

xxxx