IGNORED

'Global Warming's Terrifying New Math'

autopilot

the collective insanity that has always underlied the veneer of normalcy has been weaponized in the information age, the dawn of which coincides with the doom of the greatest power the world has ever known - oil. the information insanity infects those who are spreading it. the objective is to get the oil industry to accept its doom. the alternative is that they will doom human civilization. 

2022 is a big year. activate.

have you read philosophy books? what would philosophers think of the informational madness of 2022? things need attention. no one is at the wheel.

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 1

Funny how everyone complains about the weather but actually Southern England must have one of most desirable climates on Earth. It can go a bit silly hot in summer which can be hard to deal with (mainly because of the high humidity inland and houses being built to hold in heat) but it’s maybe 3 weeks in total of mild insanity. Just like a thirsty coyote but no vultures circling overhead. And if in Winter the wind bends round enough to come from Siberia then it’s gonna be brass monkeys but I don’t fear the Wampa Ice Creature coming for me. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's chilly and wet over here, last couple of weeks have been pretty shit. Pass some heat bro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

i liter

i literally spent the entire day barricaded in the dark with the fan on, in my underwear.

i’m assuming this is par for the course

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

when does this become a critical situation for the millions of people living in vegas, la, phoenix, etc?  

image.thumb.png.6e31653eb576e217ceeaf660ecb6e19e.png

image.thumb.png.428a45c3f8f1589cc8417ecbe7d0fff1.png

lools like we did 200 ft in 20 years and have another 200 ft to go. i think team america can get it done in 10.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 7:49 AM, trying to be less rude said:

the collective insanity that has always underlied the veneer of normalcy has been weaponized in the information age, the dawn of which coincides with the doom of the greatest power the world has ever known - oil. the information insanity infects those who are spreading it. the objective is to get the oil industry to accept its doom. the alternative is that they will doom human civilization. 

2022 is a big year. activate.

have you read philosophy books? what would philosophers think of the informational madness of 2022? things need attention. no one is at the wheel.

get the oil industry to accept its doom?  who constitutes the oil industry?  those who own the oil means of production.  no one is at the wheel?  the owning class is at the wheel.  this is class warfare

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

get the oil industry to accept its doom?  who constitutes the oil industry?  those who own the oil means of production.  no one is at the wheel?  the owning class is at the wheel.  this is class warfare

Facts there was an article in the Daily Mail (toilet paper newspaper) either today or yesterday where some guy is like "if you're complaining about the UK heatwave you're a snowflake leftie - climate change isn't real we had a heatwave like this in 1976" etc.

Who is the author? A speech writer and consultant for companies in the energy sector....................

Edited by milkface
  • Sad 1

Well…here in Houston we have had something like 17 or more 100 degree days this year - shattering most previous heat records. My family and I literally only go outside if we can jump in a pool.

https://spacecityweather.com/tracking-houstons-100-degree-days-so-far-were-near-a-record-pace/

I’m also hearing that crypto mining here in Texas is equal to the entire energy usage of Houston. Our “independent” power grid is literally on the brink because of climate change and crypto-bros. 

FML.

Edited by Extralife
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Extralife said:

Well…here in Houston we have had something like 17 or more 100 degree days this year - shattering most previous heat records. My family and I literally only go outside if we can jump in a pool.

https://spacecityweather.com/tracking-houstons-100-degree-days-so-far-were-near-a-record-pace/

I’m also hearing that crypto mining here in Texas is equal to the entire energy usage of Houston. Our “independent” power grid is literally on the brink because of climate change and crypto-bros. 

FML.

using crypto a scapegoat for texas's systemic energy grid problems caused by privatization and profit motive is a joke and i see it done so often.  yeah, crypto mining is somehow the problem.  maybe the commoditization of electricity through private markets is the problem.  clearly the solution is for the workers of texas to seize control of the means of production and turn off electricity for these crypto miners against their bosses' wishes

• Burger 2

3 hours ago, Extralife said:

FML.

yeah man, it's no joke here right now. "they" are saying this could be the 2nd worst drought on record, after the chaos that was 2011. I wasn't living here during that time, but my parents were, and heard all the nutso stuff that went on. trying to get hay for animals became some drug-dealing sorta do you know a guy to get hay from type affair. people's livestock in a lot of places in TX (and the world, of course) are their livelihood, and they get super fuckin stressed when droughts happen... the earth around me right now is sporting big time cracks. tree leaves are yellowing and dropping in mid-summer... I know back in the 2011 drought in Houston that Memorial park lost like 60% of their trees. this is all no bueno, and there doesn't appear to be any immediate solution. just more BS from politicians, who should NOT be running the show, if you ask me. we need like doctors/scientists at this point leading humanity toward a fix, and get politics out of the way. but will that happen? fuck no. we're gonna re-elect Trump in this fuckin place, and I will stop now.

• Like 2