IGNORED

World War Z

Soloman Tump

http://youtu.be/KZgverYyTz8

First trailer online.

A lot of this film was shot in Glasgow last year.

Are we facing "zombie overload" as we did with Vampire's a few years ago, and is this just the culmination of the successes of The Walking Dead / 28 days later etc. finally being realised by Hollywood.

I'm not sure what I think of this so far. Depends if they go for a PG-12 style damp squib - or whether they ramp it up to full-on adults only. With the kids and Brad Pitt, I'm guessing its going to be (unfortunately) fairly family friendly viewing.

Some of the scenes look quite cool (especially with the hordes rolling over the top of the bus) but with films of this nature (especially with Zombies), less is definitely more, and suspense is the key.

Will wait and see how it develops.

it looks alright, although the only reason I'll see it is so I can scream "FREEDOM" every time Glasgow is showed

also got a few photos of the props and stuff "on set", I'll put em up if anyone's interested :emotawesomepm9:

I've never really gotten into the whole zombie craze, main problem being how samey all the stories tend to get, with no sense of resolution

But this looks like it might be fun. And if they go the "natural disaster/war movie with zombies" route instead of the usual "normal people hiding in the woods from shambling monsters" route it might actually cover some newish territory

Seems to have next to nothing to do with the book, (not just World War Z, but the Zombie Survival Guide as well). For as tired as the genre is, I was really looking forward to a book based on the ideas in World War Z, as I thought they were kind of clever (and funny at times). That "Ball of Zombies" effect already looks over done. It happened what, 3 times in the trailer? wtf.

there were about 2000 individual comments on Reddit by people who had read the book saying that it looked like shit. didn't realize that many people read the book.

Anyway, I thought the movie looked awesome at first, when the truck came blasting by. I was like, "nice, looks like it might be a real movie."

the the trailer kept going, it had the whole "family" vibe of the War of the Worlds remake... you know, "cool dad" has to guide family through disasterous circumstances.

on top of that was the shitty looking CGI of the zombies... I don't care what anybody says, that kind of CGI just turns me off 100% to a movie.

faggy CGI = producer paycheck, saving money, anti-art, anti-film

fuck these producers

On closer analysis:

I thought the movie looked fantastic, even up to the CGI "zombie wave" that people don't like.

What actually makes this movie look like an abomination is the whole miltary thing, combined with the "I'm scared" from the kid in the subway tunnel. I HATE when these movies devolve into the family wandering around in a fucking subway system. It always gets boring right about then.

The other part I hate is when Brad Pitt's character says he's "coming back" like 10 times. Like, do we really need another fucking military film?

I think 28 Days Later might be the pinnacle of these kinds of movies.

CG zombies are the worst.

I agree where a film like 'I Am Legend' is concerned where the zombies looked so heavily stylized to the point of being laughable. I thought the CG zombies looked fine in the World War Z trailer. Moreover, I think the trailer looks great! I enjoy that they didn't show any closeups of the zombies; just a tumbling desperate mass of faceless people solely concerned with killing.

This looks to be the zombie film I've been waiting for; a zombie film of this scope (and by that I mean transparently showing that it is a worldwide epidemic) hasn't really been pulled off successfully yet imo. Very excited!

Fucking Hollywood, the book is one of my favorites... A tale of a global zombie outbreak and how humans fought it through multiple perspectives? This movie looks nothing like that, this looks like Brad Pitt looking faggy while he and the kids run from CGI zombies... World War Z would work better like an HBO Band of Brothers-esque miniseries.

The whole zombie idea is a contradiction. Why does something that is dead, need to feed. Espcailly when considering all other organs except for the brain are rotting away and not functioning... Its like even if they ate something so they wouldn't starve, its not like that food has anywhere to go.

But I love zombies despite all the irrationality :) Zombie games, movies,etc love them all and can't get enough.

not sure if this has already been mentioned, but World War Z was one of those big budget films in production hell, and not even before the production started but AFTEr the movie was 'done' filming. Apparently the studio was very unhappy with the 3rd act, and they got none other than wait for it...... Damn Lindelof to re-write parts of the script. They had to send the entire crew back to the filming locations for almost a month of re-shoots long after they had completely edited film. Sounds like a polished turd right out of the gates to me.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/brad-pitt-world-war-z-production-nightmare-336422

It's gonna be a fun movie while it last.

Fucking Hollywood, the book is one of my favorites... A tale of a global zombie outbreak and how humans fought it through multiple perspectives? This movie looks nothing like that, this looks like Brad Pitt looking faggy while he and the kids run from CGI zombies... World War Z would work better like an HBO Band of Brothers-esque miniseries.

You stole this comment from reddit.

Who cares if its nothing like the book, even if it was similar to the book people would find stuff to complain about "oh this character didn't fart like he did in the books , blah blah blah".

Guest FuncRandm

The book was pretty amazing. I was hoping to see the zombie epidemic from a variety of points of view, with the sheer implacable, relatively unkillable nature of the zombies coming through against a technologically advanced and "prepared" nation. There really hasn't been anything that approaches the scale of the book.

Unfortunately it looks like the film is going to be entirely different from the book, and even have fast moving, hive mind, zombies which are closer to the Robots Vs Zombies Ashley Wood comic. It might still be good...

Archived