IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

Finally broke down and listened to more than 20 seconds of some vaporware. Feel more ashamed than anything, but there was some cool sounding stuff.An album from HKE called "This" was actually good.

Any of y'all got a top 5 greatest vaporwave albums you could share?

Finally broke down and listened to more than 20 seconds of some vaporware. Feel more ashamed than anything, but there was some cool sounding stuff.An album from HKE called "This" was actually good.

Literally just discovered this genre last week, mainly into death's dynamic shroud so far (this guy is amazing); don't have a top albums list yet but maybe check out Dream Catalogue ... probably this is obvious

Literally just discovered this genre last week, mainly into death's dynamic shroud so far (this guy is amazing); don't have a top albums list yet but maybe check out Dream Catalogue ... probably this is obvious

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm checking death's dynamic shroud right now.

Recent favorite of mine was "1" by Blank Banshee, I like vaporwave but barely listen to entire albums, this one felt special because it wasn't just more generic vaporwave. Don't know if it's a good album to discover the genre but it's a strong release imo.

Blank Banshee is part of what's known as vaportrap (I'm sure you can work out why). This by Hong Kong Express is an excellent one, very much on the dream end of the genre, away from the corporate stock music / 80s pop end of things. In that area I'd also recommend both albums by Remember, Tokyo Audio 3000 by Air Japan, 2814's Birth of a New Day, almost anything by telepath, New Tokyo Blue Mood by Subaeris, both albums by Immune, Mana Pool by Vaperror, Overgrowth by Oscob & Digital Sex. Almost all of which is on Dream Catalogue.

Recent favorite of mine was "1" by Blank Banshee, I like vaporwave but barely listen to entire albums, this one felt special because it wasn't just more generic vaporwave. Don't know if it's a good album to discover the genre but it's a strong release imo.

Blank Banshee is part of what's known as vaportrap (I'm sure you can work out why).

It's unusual album but an excellent one. I really it but in general I don't get the same feels from vaportrap as I do well-done "classic" vaporwave

5 essentials:

骨架的 - Skeleton

chuck person - chuck person's eccojams vol. 1
James Ferraro - Far Side Virtual

░▒▓新しいデラックスライフ▓▒░ or any other early Internet Club

Any "classic" Vekroid alias (fuji grid tv, Laserdisc Visions, Macintosh Plus, New Dreams Ltd., PrismCorp Virtual Enterprises, Sacred Tapestry)

Notable mention: Luxury Elite - With Love, any mallsoft release

Either of Dream Catalogue's massive comps are good starters for later era/present day vaporwave

Edited by joshuatx

5 essentials:

骨架的 - Skeleton

chuck person - chuck person's eccojams vol. 1

James Ferraro - Far Side Virtual

░▒▓新しいデラックスライフ▓▒░ or any other early Internet Club

Any "classic" Vekroid alias (fuji grid tv, Laserdisc Visions, Macintosh Plus, New Dreams Ltd., PrismCorp Virtual Enterprises, Sacred Tapestry)

Notable mention: Luxury Elite - With Love, any mallsoft release

Either of Dream Catalogue's massive comps are good starters for later era/present day vaporwave

Thanks.

Blank Banshee is part of what's known as vaportrap (I'm sure you can work out why). This by Hong Kong Express is an excellent one, very much on the dream end of the genre, away from the corporate stock music / 80s pop end of things. In that area I'd also recommend both albums by Remember, Tokyo Audio 3000 by Air Japan, 2814's Birth of a New Day, almost anything by telepath, New Tokyo Blue Mood by Subaeris, both albums by Immune, Mana Pool by Vaperror, Overgrowth by Oscob & Digital Sex. Almost all of which is on Dream Catalogue.

cool. Blank Banshee sounds interesting. I'll check out some more later but first i g o t t a このゴミ2を聞くために自分を殺します

lol so true

edit: I still think vaporwave is 90% creatively bankrupt and OPN is a charlatan, but that may change...

Edited by usagi

4vc7kPz.png

I've enjoyed vaporwave the more and more I've stopped browsing r/vaporwave and FB groups

TBH this thread is a lifesaver

Totally neglected to check out R23X until recently, great stuff, almost a BoC vibe at times, or Bibio's tape warble stuff

also i remastered my EP from last year and ailanthus recordings is putting it out this sat. i'll repost when that happens.

dude congrats! thats awesome.. looking forward to checking that out. scott over at ailanthus is such an amazing guy :)

also i remastered my EP from last year and ailanthus recordings is putting it out this sat. i'll repost when that happens.

dude congrats! thats awesome.. looking forward to checking that out. scott over at ailanthus is such an amazing guy :)

Totally, really sound. Very proud to have an album on Ailanthus myself.

I wanted to ask you guys, how did you have your stuff released on such labels ? Did you send demo tracks, or was it more of a slow progression by showing off more and more tracks until you got spotted ?

Totally, really sound. Very proud to have an album on Ailanthus myself.

Right on!

you-had-to-be-like-him.jpg

I wanted to ask you guys, how did you have your stuff released on such labels ? Did you send demo tracks, or was it more of a slow progression by showing off more and more tracks until you got spotted ?

Just sent off the finished album to the label once it was finished - most are super submission-friendly. I know the girl who runs Swamp Circle so that was a way in, but otherwise my submission email has been first point of contact.

Just sent off the finished album to the label once it was finished - most are super submission-friendly. I know the girl who runs Swamp Circle so that was a way in, but otherwise my submission email has been first point of contact.
Thanks for this information!