IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

Ferraro is brilliant... His catalogue is so diverse and intriguing, very colorful music. I was checking out far side virtual, the EP thats connected to it, and one of his earlier projects, something to do with best buy/pickup trucks on the cover art i think. So out there, but still so accessible. His recent stuff is gold too.. Love its fragmented melancholy, cold, nighttime, urban vibe

Guest jasondonervan

Ferraro is brilliant... His catalogue is so diverse and intriguing, very colorful music. I was checking out far side virtual, the EP thats connected to it, and one of his earlier projects, something to do with best buy/pickup trucks on the cover art i think. So out there, but still so accessible. His recent stuff is gold too.. Love its fragmented melancholy, cold, nighttime, urban vibe

Did you catch his BEBETUNE$ mixtape a couple of years back? Probably one of my favourites from the Ferraro catalogue, it's quite different to his earlier works like FSV. Folks can still grab it here.

bebetunes.jpg

how bout dis

music for your plants usb card release:

http://humanity.zoologyrecords.com/

This is one of the first things from this genre/scene/whatever that got me excited.

Any more recommendations for stuff that isn't just re-edited or filtered old material? (because seriously, why not just listen to the actual 90s Japanese VHS commercial tunes directly?)

I'm already checking out what else this Zoology label has to offer.

you've seen BLANK BANSHEE right?

I vaguely remember having heard it (not via watmm I think, probably bumped into it tumblr-wise) and getting more a (contemporary-ish?) hip-hop vibe from it. (Which in itself is cool of course.)

Will look into it again.

And Ferraro was completely unknown to me. Thanks!

Also check out The Skaters, one of his earlier side projects which I actually don't like much but maybe it'll float your boat. He also did a thing with Daniel Lopatin at some point or another.

He was "underrated" because he wasn't mentioned much in this thread until page 35. So he was undervaporated in our vaporverse. Far Side Virtual is an essential album.

On another note, I wonder if in Japan there will soon be blogs, similar to the western engrish.com etc, which will be indexing all the hilariously random misuses of Japanese grammar/characters in (among other things) vaporwave album- and track-titles.

Guest jasondonervan

On another note, I wonder if in Japan there will soon be blogs, similar to the western engrish.com etc, which will be indexing all the hilariously random misuses of Japanese grammar/characters in (among other things) vaporwave album- and track-titles.

No chance. The Japanese are just as guilty of language misappropriation as the western world... if not ten times worse.

engrish-t-shirt.jpg

Lots of imitators, but the broken loop samples are truly something I love about vaporwave. It's like the sample is trying to come through but there isn't enough C-RAM (cultural random access memory).

Unfortunately it reads as an open invitation, (i never could figure out to make a loop, and I saw tim and eric once, so this is for me) and so diana ross has been done to death, poor child.

C-RAM = new genre name. (cram)

Also, I was on that Shader release before vaporwave was termed as such. I used to listen to it while playing halo reach. Vektroid had some other stuff that was also hidden.

No chance. The Japanese are just as guilty of language misappropriation as the western world... if not ten times worse.

engrish-t-shirt.jpg

lol yes

That reminds of a shirt my friend gave me as a gift from Hong Kong. It's a Engrish clusterfuck and kind of vaporwave-y (there's a felt image of a SUP-esque Pepsi can giving a thumbs up)

all of vaporwave and the rest of these net genres are basically a joke, only you arent supposed to laugh. like honestly the entire genre is based on sounding like shit. some people don't get the joke, other people just don't find it funny, and others think it's the best joke they've ever heard. that lifestyle song by dux content stuff is a prime example - the whole thing sounds like shitty internet anthems that go in the background of pirates vs ninjas flash videos and meme slideshows.

sort of applies to most postmodern art.