IGNORED

µ-Ziq - Somerset Avenue Tracks (1992-1995)

eh Speedy

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow.....WOW i did not know about this.

by far my fave period of his work.

edit: jesus 22 pounds is a bit much though....whats that, like 35 bucks in USD?

yeah...I love ya Mike, but Im not paying 35 bucks for one vinyl album...maybe for mp3s if they ever come round/?

well.. it's over 3hrs of unreleased music? 24 trax for the album plus you get to download Somerset Avenue Tracks vol 2. I think it's worth it.

preordered!

Silly question but are these the same things that he previewed on soundcloud?

The previews off soundcloud are for his new album, also coming out next year.

He has 3 releases next year, Somerset Avenue Tracks, new album name TBD (June release) and a Heterotic album.

At least that's what I read in an interview

Holy shit YES

I know! 2013 is already looking good!

:D

Yay ! I can't wait for his new material album. Soundcloud clips scream masterpiece, and Heterotic is damn promising as well.

As if Mike got back to his Detroit Techno love, without being blindly nostalgic though.

It's a bit like having to pay 70$ for a book only because it's a hardcover with nice paper. Fairly priced for the material and durability, but still too expensive if you simply want to read the book.

At the least, for me it is.

Then you'll have to wait for the CD/digital release. Planet Mu won't make much profit at all for this release, these kind of limited run with high quality vinyle/pressing and gatefold packaging (with "the µ-ziq logo [in] a gloss varnish across the centre") is expensive to manufacture. I also bet it will quickly become quite expensive on eBay, Discogs etc...

Don't get me wrong, I'm damn broke, but such a product is worth the money.

Then you'll have to wait for the CD/digital release. Planet Mu won't make much profit at all for this release, these kind of limited run with high quality vinyle/pressing and gatefold packaging (with "the µ-ziq logo [in] a gloss varnish across the centre") is expensive to manufacture. I also bet it will quickly become quite expensive on eBay, Discogs etc...

Don't get me wrong, I'm damn broke, but such a product is worth the money.

Not to derail the thread or anything, but from a business perspective, how does this make any sense? It's not like the customer base for this kind of music is huge to begin with it, so why do a limited run AND spend money on fancy packaging?

Sorry if I was too simplistic in my last post.

If released and sold with a traditional "label/distributor/record store" scheme, the price would certainly be higher. The label wouldn't make more profits out of it though.

Selling it directly from their website, Planet Mu can make some profits and keep a fair price for such a release.

It wouldn't have made much sense to release such a retrospective in a regular packaging either. It's a prestige/flagship/deluxe release. The limited run makes it more desirable too.

The pre-order system can fund part/most of the manufacture. Remember Analord binder...

The tunes being released and mastered, they can also be used for publishing.

I also imagine a fancy limited run helps selling digital copies of that same release.

So I guess it all makes sense from a business perspective.

I'd imagine a real nicely done limited release like this creates a lot of loyalty from the fans that are already there, because it's like something special done for them in a way, and it's certainly for the love as well.

Archived