IGNORED

µ-Ziq - Somerset Avenue Tracks (1992-1995)

eh Speedy

i think his show has been badly reviewed by a number of WATMMers and others, if im not mistaken. poor guy.

It's just an opinion man, chill...everyone has one...just like an aerosol.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think his show has been badly reviewed by a number of WATMMers and others, if im not mistaken. poor guy.

who said i was angry about it?

who said i was angry about it?

You didn't sound angry, was just commenting on the fact that you said his set was 'badly reviewed' by some WATMMers...peeps can only offer their opinion on these tings. I like all sorts of music, it just felt like he was phoning in his set that night...just my opinion.

Love his recorded output...live though, it was just not happening...for me. Am pretty sure there were tons of folks that really liked it that night, judging by the applause at the end. And he was really cool to chat to, when I bought a 7" of him prior to the gig.

Really wanted to like it, but I didn't, so there ya go.

:flower:

When I say drone, I'm being...kind. anyway.

I love his records, just his live wasn't for me.

Yeah we want to do some gigs for heterotic, Im five months pregnant so not sure when we'll be doing a show. We wanted to play at the next Planet Mu night which will hopefully be end of may sort of time...I'll keep you all posted.

Listened to vol 1 last night!

I thought it was great. Every track on there felt very carefully selected. There wasn't one track on the whole thing that I felt didn't belong. I hold this up there with the best of his work. Great vibe throughout.

My favorites were Trail Quest, Str606, and Airto, but I really thought every track on there was great. Haven't dived in to vol 2 yet though, have you Smetty?

Airto, Jewel Tea and Vinxel are the standouts for me so far. Not feeling much for Vol II yet, but then I did publicly come out as a ziq-noob on here a few years ago and so no doubt still have a lot to learn.

I keep laughing uncontrollably at Melodion from Vol 2. It's fucking wonderful. I think it might be the musical equivalent of poppers. Totally absurd with occasional hints of the 80's BBC Golf theme or something :shrug: . 10/10

Finally got around to listen to this, i enjoyed it a lot, Tango n' Vectif (that era overall) is my favorite thing he has done so listening to unreleased music from that era was a treat, the familiar mu-ziq sound made it easy for me to get to know the tracks. ten out of ten!

Wooo, I am current highest biddest. Probably for at least 5 minutes. Oh well, theres my budget gone :(

PS Congratulations on parenthood.

PPS Looking forward to the next mu night, presumably at Corsica again?

• 3 months later...

Nice. Any word on the exclusive tracks? Are they included here (Warp-style "exclusive"), or will they remain truly exclusive to the vinyl version for all time? I'd like to get all the tracks if I could…

Guest Gravity

Nice. Any word on the exclusive tracks? Are they included here (Warp-style "exclusive"), or will they remain truly exclusive to the vinyl version for all time? I'd like to get all the tracks if I could…

It says 2 CD and lists all the tracks on the MP3/WAV versions as well so I'm assuming they're included, which is great.

@ http://planet.mu/discography/ZIQ300

Archived