Hoodie

Are you on the Autism Spectrum?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. What was your score?

• 0 - 10
    • 11 - 22
    • 23 - 31
    • 32 - 50

I got a 22 on the Empathy one and a 57 on the Systemizing one. Paired with my 29 on the Autism spectrum one, I don't know.

I really like science and math and that's what I'm majoring in at university, so I feel like there's a correlation to that with the systemizing one at least, but don't know/can't say there's a causation in either direction (I like hard sciences because of where I am on the spectrum/I'm at that point on the spectrum because I enjoy hard sciences).

I always have had trouble with eye contact though. It makes (and has made) me really uncomfortable since I can remember (late 2, early 3).

I think its very gender bias, I dont see why a more scientific mind is necessarily a more male characteristic thats only what society has restrained our thinking as.

I agree with this.

Edited by Xyrofen

My girlfriend is twice as empathetic as I am apparently. :sad:

So now whenever I do something to upset her I'm just going to blame it on my inability to empathize due to the icy cold blood that's coursing through my veins. That's what other people want to hear, right? :mu-ziq:

So now whenever I do something to upset her I'm just going to blame it on my inability to empathize due to the icy cold blood that's coursing through my veins. That's what other people want to hear, right? :mu-ziq:

People always get the empathy thing wrong, it`s not about ability to feel sympathy/compassion or feel emotion, damn, I can cry like a baby watching the stupidest movies lol... it`s about ability to empathize and see yourself through the eyes of others and act accordingly to that information. Most people do it unconsciously. It`s very related to theory of mind.

This is much more accurate test with more detailed results: http://rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

You even get the picture and explanatory pdf at the end.

poly12c.php?p1=91&p2=89&p3=97&p4=90&p5=84&p6=89&p7=66&p8=68&p9=71&p10=34&p11=96&p12=32

I think its very gender bias, I dont see why a more scientific mind is necessarily a more male characteristic thats only what society has restrained our thinking as.

this might interest you as a further explanation of why autism and sex are potentially related: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathizing%E2%80%93systemizing_theory

I do understand all of those points noted on that wiki page, however I'm basing my opinion on the questions:

'Do you have an interest in science and nature?'

'do you think about aerodynamics when you are on a plane?'

etc etc

so basically, women cant think about all those things without being classed as autistic? A good friend of mine has done some talks about this sort of stuff and she runs classes for girls to get involved in science and music (production not just singing) because the industry is lacking women. We are told via our culture that little girls love pink and want to look after little babies and boys build things and play games that involve strategy etc.

what if we didnt enforce these?

no, women who display those traits are not classed as autistic. rather, people on the autism spectrum tend to have very specific, borderline obsessive interests, usually in science and technology, so having those traits might, in some circumstances, indicate that someone is on the autism spectrum. i hope everyone notes that throughout my posts in this thread i have always qualified any autistic traits as POTENTIAL indicators--this is done purposefully by me to show that the test is not an absolute "you are autistic/not autistic" measure and not because i'm unsure of what i'm talking about.

autism is somewhat related to sex differences (at least, this is what baron-cohen posits). this does not mean women are less scientifically minded. in fact, autism does not mean one is scientifically minded. high functioning people on the autism spectrum simply tend to gravitate towards fields like engineering or computer science (as the wiki article i linked to mentions). why is this? it could be a multitude of reasons, likely related to levels of systemizing.

People always get the empathy thing wrong, it`s not about ability to feel sympathy/compassion or feel emotion, damn, I can cry like a baby watching the stupidest movies lol... it`s about ability to empathize and see yourself through the eyes of others and act accordingly to that information. Most people do it unconsciously. It`s very related to theory of mind.

This is much more accurate test with more detailed results: http://rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

You even get the picture and explanatory pdf at the end.

hmm maybe i am fucked because i was struggling with the eye thing.

result fits with the other tests tho:

2vx13xu.png

lol i'm an idiot

Join the club. Although I think I can be way more compulsive than the test shows.

poly12c.php?p1=46&p2=41&p3=16&p4=38&p5=26&p6=27&p7=27&p8=23&p9=13&p10=9&p11=18&p12=5

Your Aspie score: 49 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 161 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

Hi guys, I'm stupid as well.

http://rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1=43&p2=40&p3=13&p4=50&p5=34&p6=13&p7=17&p8=7&p9=15&p10=23&p11=16&p12=5

Edit: I can't get this shit to embed from my phone.

Edited by Gocab

Guest Aserinsky

Interesting, I'm pretty much split down the middle on this test. The results seem a lot more accurate than the previous one anyway.

Your Aspie score: 109 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 94 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

poly12c.php?p1=81&p2=73&p3=40&p4=74&p5=55&p6=66&p7=44&p8=49&p9=42&p10=21&p11=56&p12=14

Yeah I have similar results...

Your Aspie score: 120 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 91 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

poly12c.php?p1=75&p2=57&p3=50&p4=59&p5=42&p6=74&p7=62&p8=51&p9=39&p10=45&p11=87&p12=17

some of the questions seem to be linked to my dyslexia which was interesting... I'm not completely sure what these results mean but that test seemed to have a lot more involved questions

Your Aspie score: 125 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 87 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

poly12cf.png

lol

nah I'm just a motherfucking freakazoid

If I answered everything based on what I was like as a kid I'd probably be completely on the right, I've just learned to pretend to be normal to decrease the amount of conflict in my life

Edited by Salvatorin