IGNORED

Rustie - Slasher

Guest jasondonervan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe this is a place where people discuss music of all kinds and this thread in particular is a place for discussing the rustie release slasher independent of whether or not one likes or dislikes it

maybe if we can get a vocal enough, large enough group of haters this insipid trend of unaltered 808 drums, neon synths, and lasers will go away and then we can start hating on the next pedestrian trend

maybe people are just upset that the same label responsible for putting tri repetae and geogaddi out into the world is releasing this amateur wank

Cant understand why you'd come to the thread if you didn't like Glass Sword.

Fuck off and listen to something else then.

talking about music we hate is always much more fun than talking about music we love.

you should know that dear chassis

Q: is it worse to be thirty years old and dress like a 15 year old chav, or to be thirty years old and adopt the moniker of a 6 year old scamp on some wholesome 1950's white people sitcom? I need an answer because I'm thinking of making electronic dance music.

i always feel like such defensive outbursts are the result of an insecurity about liking something. Why would you have a reaction like 'fuck off' in regards to criticism about something you enjoy unless you know deep down inside it's kinda shit

How the fuck did this guy get signed to Warp? His shit is so obnoxiously wanky, the first LP sucked I can't imagine this is any different.

this.

because Warp wanted to be in the middle of another cultural electronic music zeitgeist regardless of it's quality or staying power after falling behind the curve for a while.

talking about music we hate is always much more fun than talking about music we love.

you should know that dear chassis

Oh ye I forgot, also that you need to wear the north face to be a srs musician.

Q: is it worse to be thirty years old and dress like a 15 year old chav, or to be thirty years old and adopt the moniker of a 6 year old scamp on some wholesome 1950's white people sitcom? I need an answer because I'm thinking of making electronic dance music.

I'm curious as to what this is a reference to/whom it's a dig at :unsure:

It's just a fairly light joke at Rustie's expense? He calls himself Rustie. He dresses like a kid. He's 30. That's pretty silly.

Ceephax gets a pass on this same issue because he is hilarious and willfully silly, but Rustie is not hilarious. This makes the silliness a little harder to swallow.

Triadzz is great as well. 2 excellent tracks IMO.

Seriously, what the fuck is this shit? This is the wankiest shit I've ever heard, those rising frequencies and drops are forced as fuck, and did he purposely decide to pick the most obnoxious patches in his soundbank? Is this what dubstep has become?!

Vinyl delayed due to manufacturing issues. Quelle surprise :wink:

Triadzz is great as well. 2 excellent tracks IMO.

Seriously, what the fuck is this shit? This is the wankiest shit I've ever heard, those rising frequencies and drops are forced as fuck, and did he purposely decide to pick the most obnoxious patches in his soundbank? Is this what dubstep has become?!

oh my god the patches and frequencies and shit.

i just like the track. ok thx bye xxx

oh my god the patches and frequencies and shit.

i just like the track. ok thx bye xxx

:cisfor:

Yes, "the patches and frequencies and shit", in other words what the fucking track is comprised of... you can't really dismiss that. I get that you like it, fine, I'm curious as to what about it you actually like?

Why do you care?

Archived