IGNORED

Rustie - Slasher

Guest jasondonervan

Guest jasondonervan

42235.jpg

Triadzz / Slasherr
Numbers
NMBRS30a / March 2013
Surprise! New Rustie double single 'Triadzz/Slasherr' on Numbers. Triadzz coming soon, download Slasherr now. Rustie’s back with a follow-up to 2011’s electronic opus ‘Glass Swords’. This first taster, ‘Slasherr’, starts with brass high hats and a clapping rhythm that borders on epilepsy, before breaking down into yapping footwork, with glockenspiel, decayed ‘80s synths and lunging bass all getting a look-in. It seems the Glaswegian wants to shoot us all out of a cannon across the dance floor.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rustie has really good taste and ability to make things sound good synth/production/space/claps

but i'm not into drops. i'd like to hear him do just straight up house or techno. [ ):-[ )

it really does veer dangerously into mau5 territory

and that's no coincedence

It's alright. Needs a ridiculous synth lead or something. Too bad that seems to be frowned upon in recent music of this style though. Speaking of which, when are people gonna get over slow music? I want some fast shit to dance to again!

Ugh, terrible, starting to remind me of the early 2000s Daft Punk ripoffs.

Rustie started off so strong with Jagz The Smack and it's all been downhill from there.

Archived