IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

lol only one. And a truck now.

The third car vehicle is the gfs work car. I had a mazda but it was a writeoff from a hailstorm. I took the money and put it towards a truck =)

Is this your winter truck or summer truck?

lol this will be my only truck.

We get a ton of snow in my area and with a car there was some times I couldn't exit my street or community. Also a truck will make camping easier.

Come on dude, I drove a '79 Corolla around in Edmonton in the winter. How the fuck are you not getting out of your community. Fucking calgarians and their shitty trucks.

ps 5-0, baybeeee

pps I still love ya

Well, winter of 2015  2014-2015 we had 5 foot high snow drifts in our community and the city didn't clear it for 2 weeks! So of course, everyone got out in their little cars and thought they could get through the drifts.

So aside from the 5 foot high snow drifts, we had peoples cars abandoned in the middle of all the streets. Firetrucks and ambulances couldn't get into our community for 2 weeks. You know, those things we pay taxes for? Chaffed my dick a little actually, they were handing out tickets to people that had plows equipped on their personal trucks and were helping rescue stranded vehicles in our community because they were apparently "stealing unionized work" that they couldn't even get done.

A truck won't help that though lol, it's not a monster truck I can't drive over the cars.

:happy:

Edited by StephenG

Pfft 5 foot high. When I were little, snow drifts were near 10 foot high and cars were frozen solid. Still, father sent us to school every day and would whip us if we complained.

lol but you also walked to school uphill both ways and ice cream was but a nickel :happy:

Ice cream! We used to dream of such luxury. We'd have been happy just licking the used cream buckets behind the barn.

finally, on a short-list for an experimental British MDMA study into its efficacy in treating PTSD

odds on i get the fkn placebo

lol

This is quality though, hope it goes well for ya! it's good to see that research into this kind of thing is actually being funded somewhere.

FINALLY got a cell phone today :)))

i don't have a good data plan so i'm wondering what the IDM guyz like when it comes to mp3 player. it has to be an offline app, 

i'm going to get a micro sd card tomorrow, so something where i can select the folder from that, and drag all my files in, mp3s, flacs are cool too i guess

i checked androids foobar app, and while it does seem popular enough the sorting of files seems a bit wonky.

ILLUMINATE ME

i don't have a good data plan so i'm wondering what the IDM guyz like when it comes to mp3 player. it has to be an offline app,

i'm going to get a micro sd card tomorrow, so something where i can select the folder from that, and drag all my files in, mp3s, flacs are cool too i guess

i checked androids foobar app, and while it does seem popular enough the sorting of files seems a bit wonky.

ILLUMINATE ME

I've always liked Poweramp best on Android.

ILLUMINATE ME

I've always liked Poweramp best on Android.

thanks double, i'll check it out tomorrow  :beer:

I dug out my old school reports and found that I was once described as someone with great promise and potential.
I now realize exactly how much of a total failure I have become but it lead me on a train of thought which has enlightened me to how utterly insignificant I am in this universe. There is a wonderful comfort in that. I feel a lot better.

The new Nick Cave album sounds like really cringey musical theatre.

...and the lyrics are even worse.

I know you posted this in the wrong thread, but I totally agree. Everyone here was like, "omg, it's so dark and moody like totally" when it came out. So I listened to it and... it sounds like a poet's night out at a café somewhere and NOBODY is paying attention to him. Nick Cave's voice is still brilliant though.

Glad to hear someone agree!  His voice sounded like a groaning old man to me, but that's probably because everything else about it was horrible.  Groaning old men can be excellent too in the right context.  This album was unfortunately the worst context.  I like everything else he's done aside from The Boatman's Call.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Glad to hear someone agree!  His voice sounded like a groaning old man to me, but that's probably because everything else about it was horrible.  Groaning old men can be excellent too in the right context.

Yeah, it all sounded way too histrionic/theatrical.

Actually, this picture sums it up...

senior-middle-aged-woman-posing-as-1920s

I kinda agree on the Nick Cave album, I liked the overall atmosphere at first but then on closer listening it falls really flat... I know his son died, and that's pretty awful to have to deal with, but it's just not a very interesting album. I probably won't revisit it much.

Also on topic of thread: Had to design a "masthead" for a hypothetical magazine for my publication class, my professor commended my design as not really needing any revisions because it's functional, readable and fits the audience/topic I'm going for, the rest of the class has to work on revisions due this Monday.