IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

lol only one. And a truck now. 

The third car vehicle is the gfs work car. I had a mazda but it was a writeoff from a hailstorm. I took the money and put it towards a truck =)

Edited by StephenG

The third car vehicle is the gfs work car. I had a mazda but it was a writeoff from a hailstorm. I took the money and put it towards a truck =)

Is this your winter truck or summer truck?

Is this your winter truck or summer truck?

lol this will be my only truck. 

We get a ton of snow in my area and with a car there was some times I couldn't exit my street or community. Also a truck will make camping easier.

Edited by StephenG

How bad was the hail damage goddamn! Or was the car just in bad condition already? What kind of truck did you get? R U GONNA GET TRUCKNUTZ 4 IT?

How bad was the hail damage goddamn! Or was the car just in bad condition already? What kind of truck did you get? R U GONNA GET TRUCKNUTZ 4 IT?

Hail damage was $9500. Damage to the gfs car was $12000, thankfully it's a work car so no deductible.

I ended up going with a chevy, silverado 1500 LTZ. Had the engine I wanted. 

lol no trucknuts I'm not very bro-ey...

Finished the first edit of my next book and I am shocked at how little editing I needed to do. Plus, I don't hate it! Now to try and get a literary agent. :nacmat:

That's quite the accomplishment!!! Congrats

The amount of spelling errors dampens the feeling somewhat but thanks all the same. Enjoy your truck!

Took a Nescafe jar full of tips from my old job (20p coins and under) to one of those Coinstar machines in Tescos and it came to 60 quid. 60! Taking the voucher the the customer services desk and getting it changed for three crisp score notes was immensely satisfying.

goddamn I hate writing essays. structured writing is so painful, aargh. I need to go to a writers' event or something and get some ideas off people on how to make it easier cos this is just idiotic. I have a mere 1,000 word essay to write on a subject I know and understand, but spooling all the ideas out into a neat and logical structure without constantly going back and editing every word I've just written is so heccin' hard, fricc.

not to mention referencing and academic writing conventions, etc.

wrong thread ffs.

the topic is national security/intelligence and the possible adverse effects intelligence agencies have on international relations in the long-run (e.g. covertly funding the Mujahideen in the 80s, who then turn into Al Qaeda, who then do 9/11, which launches the era of the war on terror, which leads to Iraq, ISIS, Syria, all that destabilising stuff)

wrong thread ffs.

the topic is national security/intelligence and the possible adverse effects intelligence agencies have on international relations in the long-run (e.g. covertly funding the Mujahideen in the 80s, who then turn into Al Qaeda, who then do 9/11, which launches the era of the war on terror, which leads to Iraq, ISIS, Syria, all that destabilising stuff)

make a thread about that and I'm pretty sure you'll have 5k words worth of crap in the first page alone

wrong thread ffs.

giphy.gif

goddamn I hate writing essays. structured writing is so painful, aargh. I need to go to a writers' event or something and get some ideas off people on how to make it easier cos this is just idiotic. I have a mere 1,000 word essay to write on a subject I know and understand, but spooling all the ideas out into a neat and logical structure without constantly going back and editing every word I've just written is so heccin' hard, fricc.

not to mention referencing and academic writing conventions, etc.

Amateur! Try doing that but with 150,000+ words and several times in a row.

Tip: I found it easier to transfer the draft onto a digital device--kindle, tablet, whatev--and proofread on that, doing edits / corrections on the computer as I go. Stops it being such a ballache.

Took my car in to get a smog check. The place across the street from me did it in like 15 minutes and it passed. Half the price I expected to pay, too.

Just got offered a management position at work, yeah! Nervous but damn excited.

@stephen: I hope your jealousy truck is awesome. ;) And to the person that asked what I bought, it's a little Ford Ranger. I like it.

last night, before falling to sleep in the bed, i felt that i might shart rather then farting. i was quite relieved when the gas came out clean from inside my buttocks hole. still, the smell was so horribly toxic that i had to have a safety feel, just to be sure..

it was nice and dry, no problem..