IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

No way, it IS a big deal!!!

Enjoy the freedom and personal space =)

It's not that much personal space (well, it's a little apartment) but yeah, freedom.

I can finally blast some Autechre while taking my breakfast without annoying everybody and it feels great ! :music:

As someone who in the last year also moved out, I fully understand any happiness you might have. Enjoy it!

*blasts Lawnmower Deth full volume*

im too english to enjoy irn-bru, something i am regularly bullied and demeaned for. the statement 'i dont like irn-bru' is treated with a sort of appauled astonishment mingled with pity.

nobodys forgotten them, you cant actually buy them here though, or at least ive never seen one.

"We did a telephone survey in June, 2004, of a random selection of the 627 fish and chip shops in Scotland to ascertain the delicacy’s availability, cost, and consumption. The response rate was 62% (303 of 488 telephoned): 66 (22%, 95% CI 17·2–26·4) shops sold deep-fried Mars bars, 235 (78%, 72·9–82·3) did not, 51 (17%, 108–66) had sold them in the past, and for two the person we spoke to did not know.

72% of shops had been selling them for 3 years or less.

Mean weekly sales were 23 bars, but ten shops reported selling 50–200 per week. The mean price was UK£0·60 (range £0·30 to £1·50). 76% of Mars bars were sold to children, 15% to teenagers, and 9% to others or a combination of these three groups. 16% of shops said they were more likely to sell them during school term."

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2804%2917589-2/fulltext

Edited by doublename

well, bugger me sideways, i have literally ever seen one mentioned, eaten, on a menu, or advertised in the 9 years ive lived here, and i eat at a lot of disgusting chip and kebab shops.

pizza crunch supper is a staple though, which is just a cheese and tomata pizza battered and deep fried, served with chips and a can of juice. 

oh, and juice in scotland means coke or irn-bru. i found that one pretty funny when i moved up.

lolol, trust me, this is nowhere near the level of pisstake one has to endure in chatmm  :emotawesomepm9:

Oh yeah, more fws, after missing Merzbow every time he plays london for the last 12 years, I'm seeing him THREE times next week (twice in one day on 1st Oct)

seeing him tonight here oop norf, fucking buzzing :w00t:

lolol, trust me, this is nowhere near the level of pisstake one has to endure in chatmm  :emotawesomepm9:

Oh yeah, more fws, after missing Merzbow every time he plays london for the last 12 years, I'm seeing him THREE times next week (twice in one day on 1st Oct)

It was the fucking SHIT. My gf was WIRED afterwards.

Took a few short vids, uploading them now.

oh fucking yes :yeah:

merzbow is a funny one, he hasn't been on my "must see" list but I was hyped as soon as I saw the Manchester listing. Cannot wait!

oh fucking yes :yeah:

merzbow is a funny one, he hasn't been on my "must see" list but I was hyped as soon as I saw the Manchester listing. Cannot wait!

fucking

hell

oh snap you got to see all four of the Cuts project? "Just" had Merzbow and Balazs at FAC251, lush small venue though, you could probably have leaned over and stroked Merzbow's hair. Highlight of the evening was seeing Merzbow's brow peeking through the door with a small window. "Is it the noise time yet?"

Not sure what to make of those support acts in your video...

Yeah this was the gig in the Church in Hackney.

Supports were unexpected. I liked the first one better than the 2nd one, though he played about ten minutes too long. Kinda like a mix of Russell Haswell's stripped down rave noise and a noise Dean Blunt. I grabbed his tape the next day from here https://wagtailrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/olan-monk

Seeing Masami solo twice tomorrow in a more intimate venue

N4A2241.jpg

gah

if I had less plans for the weekend and lost more braincells last night I'd just cart myself down to London for round 2, what a show, I think I said goodbye to a few frequencies in my ear during that

Finished the first edit of my next book and I am shocked at how little editing I needed to do. Plus, I don't hate it! Now to try and get a literary agent. :nacmat:

That's quite the accomplishment!!! Congrats

Had this really great talk with a friend from work and we agreed that my perennially procrastinated MIDI controller project seems to tie in just about perfectly with some things he's discovered in a completely different problem domain. Fuck yeah.