IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

So, I haven't really been around WATMM that much lately because I've been ridiculously busy. 9 months ago I was asked if I would make the music for a permanent exhibition for a new HUGE prehistoric museum. Here 9 months later I'm finally done with the sound designs for 7 animated short films, 15 minutes of classical/ambient music that plays constantly in like 1/3 of the museum, and another exhibition that I don't know that much about. 4 days before the museum opened I was asked to make the music and sound design for a documentary about one of the biggest attractions at the museum.

While working on all of this I was hired at a company, which means I've been working around 17 hours a day for the past 3 months. So I'm kinda tired now.

But the museum just opened and apparently the Queen showed up.

I'm kinda proud.

Also, this might explain why I haven't replied to any PMs over the last couple of months. Sorry about that.

The new Moesgaard or? I want to go there at some point. Inside that is, already walked around on top of the building like some idiot. Looks cool!

Oh, and grats!

So, I haven't really been around WATMM that much lately because I've been ridiculously busy. 9 months ago I was asked if I would make the music for a permanent exhibition for a new HUGE prehistoric museum. Here 9 months later I'm finally done with the sound designs for 7 animated short films, 15 minutes of classical/ambient music that plays constantly in like 1/3 of the museum, and another exhibition that I don't know that much about. 4 days before the museum opened I was asked to make the music and sound design for a documentary about one of the biggest attractions at the museum.

While working on all of this I was hired at a company, which means I've been working around 17 hours a day for the past 3 months. So I'm kinda tired now.

But the museum just opened and apparently the Queen showed up.

I'm kinda proud.

Also, this might explain why I haven't replied to any PMs over the last couple of months. Sorry about that.

The new Moesgaard or? I want to go there at some point. Inside that is, already walked around on top of the building like some idiot. Looks cool!

Oh, and grats!

Exactly :)

I've been there a couple of times already and it's beautiful, but I haven't seen any of the exhibitions in action, so I'm gonna head out there next week or something. I wanted to go to the opening, but the security was insane so I stayed home. Plus, I'm more interested in seeing how kids react to the exhibitions.

That's awesome Squee, I would love to go see that! Congrats on such a big, public job!

Nice work also phling. Watmm is going pro.

Now that I'm 25 years old my car insurance has gone down from $394 per month to $212 per month. =)

Sweet fucking christ!

Oh wait, you have more than one car...

Mine is like 120$ a month for liability... for a 92' honda accord (it's seafoam green, like a real mans car should be)

But I'm also 24 so that should drop in a while.

Now that I'm 25 years old my car insurance has gone down from $394 per month to $212 per month. =)

Sweet fucking christ!

Oh wait, you have more than one car...

Mine is like 120$ a month for liability... for a 92' honda accord (it's seafoam green, like a real mans car should be)

But I'm also 24 so that should drop in a while.

When I got my first car (just an 08' mazda 3) it was $530 a month just for the one car!

Now the mazda is down to $110 and somehow, someway, my vette is cheaper at $102 a month.

Either way, less insurance monies being spent here =)

Edited by StephenG

i don't know if i should post this here but

i once sampled a show called "road to avonlea" . this was about 12 years ago i think. i used about 20 seconds of people talking

watched the show the other day, it's the same episode which i sampled so many years ago. it was fucking surreal, magical.

i don't know if i should post this here but

i once sampled a show called "road to avonlea" . this was about 12 years ago i think. i used about 20 seconds of people talking

watched the show the other day, it's the same episode which i sampled so many years ago. it was fucking surreal, magical.

Ya, samples that you use get that weird sort of familiarity because you must've heard them over and over again

More a success for my state than a personal one, but a federal judge ruled that the ban on same-sex marriage in our state is unconstitutional, and therefore will be legal starting tomorrow.

While the local reaction to it on FB is mostly positive, there are still some ignorant, bible-thumping fuckwits who continue to embarrass the rest of us.

I put my phone under the tap to rinse it off after using ordinary handsoap to clean the screen. My phone is sealed against water but it's taken most of the year for me to be brave enough to wet it, well, beyond a few raindrops hitting the screen. Next step, watmm in the shower. (I think that I'll wait closer to ph replacement time for that one.

I tend to lose stuff down the back of the conch.

/Historical painting of conch shell with cornycopia contained within, fantastical line about why I am using a conch regularly enough that one would lose stuff within it.