IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

just got an email with an invoice, which i almost deleted thinking it was spam. turns out its an invoice for a magazine article i wrote almost a year ago now, but which just got published a couple months back. at first i was told by the editor i would get paid when he requested/suggested i write it, but nothing else was said so i assumed there was no pay. but i figured even if i did get paid it'd be like 50$ or something at most. and mainly i just thought it was pretty cool that i could say i was published in a (well known) mag, which i kinda accepted as good enough.

then bam! suprise money (along with apology for lateness)! lets just say it was a niiice little chunk of moolah. easily enough to make the decision about that microbrute i was on the fence about getting... although now im wondering if i should get the ms20 mini instead... OR BOTH

AND that was only for the first part! (its a two part article)

sweeeeet

that IS awesome! Any chance of getting a link to the article?

what's a g5?

sounds old

actually it is kinda old. I'm always afraid it's going to die at any moment but so far I've had no problems with it. it is so old, however, that no web browser supports its processor any more so I can't do basic shit online. for instance, I cannot upload things to bandcamp, I can only use HTML version of gmail, etc. this is more like a fwp but the fact that I got it for free like 8 years ago and I'm still able to make tunes on it is a fws afaik.

what's a g5?

sounds old

actually it is kinda old. I'm always afraid it's going to die at any moment but so far I've had no problems with it. it is so old, however, that no web browser supports its processor any more so I can't do basic shit online. for instance, I cannot upload things to bandcamp, I can only use HTML version of gmail, etc. this is more like a fwp but the fact that I got it for free like 8 years ago and I'm still able to make tunes on it is a fws afaik.

That sucks =(

But yeah for free is always good.

I thought g5 was maybe a reference to the gulfstream 5 plane (rappers always talkin' bout' their g5 or g7 or whutevs).

haha

Time to upgrade your computer (plane) man! =)

just got an email with an invoice, etc etc

sweeeeet

well that would be cool if i could brag about this a little bit more completely and drop that link but that would involve me revealing my true self to the forum at large and my social anxieties/paranoias would not permit that, probably.

just got an email with an invoice, etc etc

sweeeeet

well that would be cool if i could brag about this a little bit more completely and drop that link but that would involve me revealing my true self to the forum at large and my social anxieties/paranoias would not permit that, probably.

PM me? =)

I have no interest in sharing your identity.

My co-worker really liked a DJ Shadow mix I played in the truck. Previously he was lukewarm on other stuff I played, he usually just listens to poppier drum n' bass. Though honestly it's cool he likes any form of d'n'b, many people who work there wouldn't even tolerate it.

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Actually it was bureaucratic inscrutability.

Looks like it could bore someone to death

You'll never know.

Anyway, off to Burma on the 14th.

I spend too much time debating whether or not to delete tracks I don't immediately like off album rips

The new ads on utorrent are too big & they cause horizontal scrolling

edit and i posted in the wrong thread

Edited by Cryptowen

I spend too much time debating whether or not to delete tracks I don't immediately like off album rips

The new ads on utorrent are too big & they cause horizontal scrolling

You could do what i do and only keep albums you can at least tolerate all songs on. You have to part with some gems but it certainly simplifies things, with less clutter.

You could do what i do and only keep albums you can at least tolerate all songs on. You have to part with some gems but it certainly simplifies things, with less clutter.

yeah that might work but

the big issue for me is there are a lot of cases where i'll go "hmm yeah probably gonna skip this 90% of the time, but in the right mood this would be totally legit". Example the long chanting tracks that make up the back half of the Akira soundtrack

Or I'll think "ehh this one doesn't seem special, they already covered the same ideas more effectively three tracks ago", but I feel like I may potentially be ignoring some hidden depths

Salvaged broken outdoor folding canopy tent frames at work today and managed to assemble two functional ones out of a pile of junked ones.

My hair was fucking perfect today. IDM as FUCK.

IDMMAN_zps513afc04.jpg
Remember, he is always watching...

Edited by ambermonk

The most productive things I've done all week are stream a bunch of Archer/Breaking Bad and play the Destiny beta pretty much everyday, and I have somehow managed to avoid getting in a single argument with my finance about my lack of productivity... I'm quite proud of this.

The new building for the engineering department of my university has finally been finished, after it was announced in 1999. So going to class no longer means a 35 min. bus ride + 20 min. walk, but a ~10 min. bike ride. Woot!