IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

A toenail I thought was broken and had become infected accidentally broke off, after hitting said toe on a sticking out piece of wood, revealing under horrible toenail a beautiful new nail, emerging like a butterfly from a rank chrysalis, reborn and glowing with life.

Was pretty embarrassed about the previous state that toenail was in, but now it's not a problem any more. Huzzah! I can wear sandals again! The human body is pretty amazing, isn't it?

Just got BL2 game of the year edition for $10 on steam. It includes all the DLC.... I looked at buying it a few days ago and it was $44.

Sale's on for 14 more hours.

ps.... think steam just dropped the price for me since I looked at it a few days ago? Is steam smart enough to do targeted marketing like that?

Guest kymppinetti

I've made an order in to this music store. Soon after it, they pointed out via email that they didn't have one of those what I ordered. They suggest me to pick up something else, so I did. And I also asked them to draw me a unicorn for saying they're sorry. And they did look.egetyf.jpg

xD

tomorrow ill go to a job interview. lol wada fok will i say?

For gods sake, whatever you do, don't mention WATMM. That shit does not go down well in job interviews...

Just walk in and be confident, scream 'KEEP IT DANK YO' and leave.

For gods sake, whatever you do, don't mention WATMM. That shit does not go down well in job interviews...

If they ask you if you've missed work, say "I wouldn't say I've missed it" and then all laugh simultaneously.

business-people-laughing-having-meeting-

Don't over-think any responses, be loose, and be honest but not in a way that sells yourself short. Hope it goes well!

Also, research the company beforehand and make sure YOU have questions for THEM. This shows you're legitimately interested in their company and their jobs. Ask about usual stuff, opportunities for advancement, ask how they would describe the work environment, etc.

I'm purging all sorts of crap at home, including this remote controlled fake rat with demonic red light up eyes. I was going to give it to a thrift store but for the hell of it I put it on craigslist for $5.

Sure enough, I get a reply. Not only a reply, but polite questions about the size of the rat, as the person interested is actually a LARPer with who is a Nosferatu-esque entity and wants to re-purpose it as a prop. At this point I just really want to meet the guy and hand it over for free.

Also, research the company beforehand and make sure YOU have questions for THEM. This shows you're legitimately interested in their company and their jobs. Ask about usual stuff, opportunities for advancement, ask how they would describe the work environment, etc.

i agree, research their entire website and recite it to them, even when it's not relevant to the question.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/job-applicant-blows-away-interviewer-with-intimate,37296/

Thanks guys for your suggestions. Now I'm on test, programming web sites... Let's see what happens!

Other achievement:

I've been dreaming almost every night. Not surreal actually, but like alternative stories of my life.

i agree, research their entire website and recite it to them, even when it's not relevant to the question.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/job-applicant-blows-away-interviewer-with-intimate,37296/

That's not what I suggested. And no.

about to see Forest Swords, The Bug and Shackleton all in the space of six hours. I will probably come out the other side of this a different human being.

^ also AtomTM who I forgot to mention and who I knew nothing about prior to tonight.

it was fucking fantastic. not one weak set, good venue, good crowd, good management. best 65 bucks I ever spent.

I was most keen to see The Bug but Shackleton absolutely destroyed the place with the best techno set I've ever heard, using souped-up versions of his album tracks. the difference between his live stuff and album stuff is very much like Autechre.

^ also AtomTM who I forgot to mention and who I knew nothing about prior to tonight.

it was fucking fantastic. not one weak set, good venue, good crowd, good management. best 65 bucks I ever spent.

I was most keen to see The Bug but Shackleton absolutely destroyed the place with the best techno set I've ever heard, using souped-up versions of his album tracks. the difference between his live stuff and album stuff is very much like Autechre.

"I will DROP THE BASS" said shakleton and he used an bongo.

The Canadian government finally is stepping in to force cable companies to allow consumers to purchase whatever channels they want with NO FORCED BUNDLING!

That means I can buy whatever channels I want at lower prices (come 2016) with none of the shit I don't want tacked on.

Right now my cable bill is $90 a month and 90% of it is shit I don't want. Max the cable companies will be allowed to charge is $25 for basic/local content, then charge by the channel (which the amount per channel is maxed too).

About fucking time.