IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

I have a fever, and I am on a mix of albuterol inhaler & codeine syrup. On top of that I haven't smoked weed in a month. I haven't been this fucked up in a long time. The bronchitis is the downside, but honestly i don't mind.

Edited by cloud capture

Fixed a gas/petrol-powered ice auger today @ work by replacing a broken trigger.

I have a fever, and I am on a mix of albuterol inhaler & codeine syrup. On top of that I haven't smoked weed in a month. I haven't been this fucked up in a long time. The bronchitis is the downside, but honestly i don't mind.

I'm sorry to hear that. But are you sure you're posting in the intended thread?

Dude. FUCK Hawaiian food. Never eat at Ono's in Honolulu unless you want to expel everything but a baby from your body.

kek. Also, never eat at Sam Choy's. It's a bland, overpriced shithole of a tourist trap. Giovanni's Shrimp Truck on the North Shore is where it's at.

I just received my first albuterol inhaler today (along with a beclomethasone dipropionate HFA inhaler and an Azelastine HCl nasal solution spray)!

I feel so much closer to watmm and the spirit of IDMz now. BRB, going to listen to Ventolin.

*intentionally posting in FWA/S thread*

[hopefully won't be needing the albuterol if the other shit works, but my fingers turned blue last time I tried to work out, so :catbed: ]

Edited by baph

I managed to call the student health service and ask for a talk with a psychologist. Considering my procrastination and general ennui, it might be time to see if I suffer from some sort of mental illness. It's a damn success in my book. Last time I called to get some help, I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. And the original reason I went to the doctor was a big boil on my back that needed popping and thought that I might as well let them know that I've been constantly fatigued and thirsty for the past year. With my luck they are going to lock me into some institution.

Wrote a sex scene in book, was tasteful, everyone got boners ♥ :catbed:

Also lost a bit more weight, lighter than I've ever been in my life. If I lose any more weight, will I lift off of the ground? :confuzzled:

Edited by Bechuga

I managed to call the student health service and ask for a talk with a psychologist. Considering my procrastination and general ennui, it might be time to see if I suffer from some sort of mental illness. It's a damn success in my book. Last time I called to get some help, I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. And the original reason I went to the doctor was a big boil on my back that needed popping and thought that I might as well let them know that I've been constantly fatigued and thirsty for the past year. With my luck they are going to lock me into some institution.

godspeed, bruz.

Got the internet working again at home after it being out for almost a week. Had to take the old router in to my internet provider and exchanged for a new one, then installed it and called tech support to get it reactivated. It was a pain in the ass getting one of the cables hooked up, and being in a semi-rural area I kept getting disconnected while on the phone with support due to a weak phone signal. But in the end I got the job done.

This isn't really success so much as the conclusion of a stupid first world problem.

A coworker from hell is finally out of my life. I mentioned him once before, but that was just one incident. It's an insanely long story, but essentially I got to know, befriend, and trust a person who them gradually took advantage of his situation to lie, manipulate, and stress me out needlessly for months. I've never had to deal with a drug addict and lifelong manipulator. He was detached from a sense of facing consequences or empathy just enough to fuck with my mental state without being dangerous or scary to me and others.

Long story in spoiler:

Some background: I started working as a surveyor in May 2014. I was assigned as a rodman with the top crew to learn the ropes of day to day tasks and routines. This went on about 2 months. Eventually I was paired with another new but experienced (9+ years) employee. Let's just call him J. It wasn't a problem when we first were assigned as a crew. J was a bit talky and ADHD, a bit obsessive on things like his work notes but otherwise prone to get distracted or unfocused. But he was clearly experienced and knew his stuff, on "on" days he wasn't a problem to work with, even enjoyable when he was more quiet and mellow. He even didn't mind me playing mixes or tuning into to any kind of music on the radio. His personal tastes were, err-not my cup of tea at times (nu metal, liquid d'n'b, jesse pinkman attire...speaking of that's the closest fictional character I can compare him with, only he never wised up or applied himself in any way).

Personality wise, J was a trip. His self-esteem was shot, probably from the way his dad talked to him, even now (his dad works there too, a much more stable person but a gruff character himself). He would perpetually ask me if I thought he was a good surveyor, or a friend, or a good teacher (I was new at the time), etc. Or he would just talk out loud about such shit, hoping I'd chime in. He was annoyingly self-deprecating too. Or he would make so many fucking sarcastic jokes or rib me with the same tone that I would just ignore it after time. On his bad days it'd get creepy, literally patting me on the shoulder or talk about things like "looking out for each other" or "how I was cool and shit." And he started having "off" days - when he was sick or tired or extra spacey. And he didn't take ADHD medicine because it made him insanely wired and talkative: the one day he did I literally found myself walking off to work away from him because he would literally not stop talking. And he smoked cigarettes a lot - on bad days literally every 30 minutes. Other guys there smoke but they always did it outside, this guy would literally do it in the car because he couldn't wait. But with the window down, "cuz I would never smog you out man, I'm respectful you know?" as he would say. He was a bit of a comically racist person too. Like not so much mean-spirited as he was dumb and ignorant. He literally confused Jesuits with Jews when he said anti-Semitic slurs. I mean, lolwtf

Here's the other factor. There's a "what happens in the field stays in the field" ethos at this job. My friend warmed me about this when I started, and it was pretty much a non-issue. The first crew I worked with - no problem. Other guys there partake in smoking pot and running errands sometimes, but that's about it. They always get their work done. Well, J caught on this quick. He smoked once or twice. I was like, fine, just tell me when you have it on you. Then there was the occasional errand to his friends apartment for "5 minutes" or so. Well those as well as him visiting his place became daily events. Then J wanted to give his g/f a ride in the mornings, often out of the way (not according to him of course) of our actual work. Well then it was, and this only came out when I asked, it was revealed he was buying weed during work and dropping it off. But it was ok because "I was cool and stuff." He was iffy driver a little too often, we even got pulled over and questioned once (in a notoriously prosecution heavy county in Texas I might add), thankfully there was nothing in the car. He didn't really eat or drink anything that wasn't caffeine or sugar based all day. While he never admitted to it, it was clear he taking oxycotin or some other slew of uppers and opiods. He never managed to either pack a lunch or bring money, and after he owed me 30 or so bucks with little paid back I stopped. He always needed to go by his place to eat, often wasting time. I never saw him eat actual food often. He would though buy me random shitty candy, literally pushing it on me at times "hey man, want one, here, take it, alight, hahaha, just looking out for ya bro" or he would always say "see we look after each other" as if he actually paid me back for the times I bought him lunch. (Did I mention J lost or fucked up equipment and always managed to deflect responsibility for it?)

Bah, I'm writing to much. I just cut out a epic story of how we got in an argument and I had my first meltdown. I'll cut to the chase, here's a few of the things that occurred:

1. J got arrested over a weekend and after being drug tested, stayed at work, because he paid for urine (so he claims) and said our immediate supervisor was cool with it (he claims, I think he lied). This court case went on for like 5 months, with a few pre-docket hearings in the meantime, some of which I had to drop him off at.

2. He bought weed at work, asked me to then go to a headshop to buy a pipe (while not telling me he had weed) then got pissed when I told him this wasn't respectful or cool whatsoever. That same day he was running late despite me telling him, weeks ahead of time, that I had to fly out to LA that same day and had to be at work on time. He even fucking asked to stop at a 7-11 to get a slurpee as I rushed back to work. When I said "absolutely not" he said I was an asshole and I went off on how he was the one who let me down and was being inconsiderate. J then said "man, what are you going to snitch on me? Huh? What the fuck, I thought you were cool, I guess I got to warn the others. I fucking worked hard to get here (this company) and blah blah blah. He even said he wanted to get violent because I was raising my voice. So I stopped and steered it back to why I was upset. He apologized then looked at the clock and said "Oh man, I had no idea it was already 3:30, so sorry man!" Fucking idiot.

3. The week after he was arrested, we where at the DMV because he had to get his license renewed. J was fumbling around looking for his paperwork when a fucking weed pipe feel out of his bag. He didn't even notice, and if I hadn't warned him he could of easily been seen by a cop.

4. He became so inconsistent at work I was literally doing his job for him on some days (and he's my superior rank wise), mostly to save my ass and prevent myself from having to reveal how much he fucked up at work.

5. He feel asleep AGAIN at the wheel, this time I actually told my supervisor. I had put this off because I was convinced I was never in my place to do this and that I would jeopardize my respect among the other crew. This was never the case, I was manipulated into thinking so by J. It was a huge reveal, finding out he had lied to me about telling our supervisor about the last incident, and generally lying about other little things. The catch is my supervisor couldn't simply fire him. He vouched for him being hired and since I put off this info for so long, he compromised his reputation if he told all this to the company owner. So instead we switched crews, and sure enough, just under two weeks of J working with other person, that guy came in with the same complaints, even more flustered than I was. So they assigned him with his dad, who at least could keep a tabs on him. He figured firing him would simply get him in jail faster or, worse, out on the streets.

Yesterday he wasn't at work. He finally went to trial and pleaded guilty to various charges and will serve 8 months. He declined 1 year of rehab and 5 years parole because the other option was "easier." I didn't celebrate or gloat, but there's a huge sense of closure and relief. I mean, my god, I literally went from being someone who gave a person multiple chances to feeling absolutely no sense of care for a person. It's pretty fucked. I don't hate him, but I feel nothing, to the point where I wouldn't care if he died. I hope I never see him again.

Edited by joshuatx

Yeah, drugs fuck a person up. A guy I used to walk out of work with would hand me his bag to carry out the gate as he checked if he had his wallet--turned out he had stolen stuff in his bag, and, if stopped and searched, would have said 'it's his bag, not mine', and I believe he even said, when caught, it was my plan. Of course, this plan would never have worked and didn't, but the fact he happily used me as nothing more than a mule sort of shakes your confidence in people. Some people really are that unfazed about their actions.

In other news, I've lost weight to the point where I weigh less than my mom. She is not pleased. :diablo:

Not really a first world success but I don't know where else to put it.

Had a crazy dream last night that squarepusher and ceephax were booked to play a wedding I was attending, but Tom wouldn't start his set until someone found him a glass of white grape juice with vodka, said it was his favorite drink. The dream felt like it went on for hours and Tom was really determined to get his white grape juice.

He was being a bit of a diva.

The dream was a lot of fun.