IGNORED

A Civilized Discussion on Gender Issues

Guest A/D

Did you know heart disease is the leading cause of death among women — and one of the most preventable. However most of the research conducted on heart disease is based on findings for men?

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Gender_matters_Heart_disease_risk_in_women.htm

This happens a lot actually, men are way more researched than women and this is a pretty big issue. Humans, unlike many mammals have large differences between genders (not the obvious) heart rates, body fat % and many other things that in most mammals are really very slight.

Many woman are dying because there isn't the funding for woman's research.

Did you know that women have more spent on research and awareness campaigns for their health concerns despite having much higher life expediencies than men?

And men die at rates 10x women in the workplace.

Men's health is a more pressing issue than women's yet more attention is given to women's.

obama is a shapeshifter lizard person:

now please let's have a civilized debate on the matter

no trolling or reaction gifs

Non sequitor

prove that it's a non sequitor

Why are you being an ass? He obviously genuinely cares about this...

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C

He's obviously a dickhead who used the phrase "white knight faggots" in the other thread. If he's so into men's rights perhaps he could explain exactly what his problem with faggots is.

Seriously, there is nothing - nothing - more pathetic than the so-called men's rights movement. These dorks make libertarians look well-adjusted and compson look rational.

Thankfully he'll die unmourned.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I didn't even mention feminism in my response to his post

I simply said that males being a victim of rape is more of a problem than women being the victims of rape, since the majority of rape victims are males

That's fine, as long as 'more of a problem' = 'happens more often.' But where I can't go along with you is in the broader context of your claims that there is not a wage gap and, implicitly, that women are systematically disempowered or disenfranchised in the workplace. You might not be meaning to say that 'more men raped than women' implies 'men are in a worse social position than women,' but your making both arguments together suggests you think they go together, which maybe one thing people are resisting so strongly here (since they have nothing to do with each other).

What are these broader implications?

If anything men are being disenfranchised from the work force with the high potential for sexual harassment charges being enforced upon men

Women entered a male dominated environment of those careers and forced men to change the way they are to suit their needs, rather than women themselves changing to fit the environment.

why is it male dominated to begin with ? because women choose to be poorer and less self sufficient than men ? it's true that many women can be content with their position but those who aren't are facing serious obstacles, that's the main problem i think.

and what unreasonable change are women forcing exactly, the plead to not sexually harass them ?

Another set of rights in the US that I forgot to mention

-Women are BORN with the right to vote when they turn 18

-Men are NOT.

-Women have the right to abdicate parental responsibilities through a number of means (like abortion)

-Men have no rights whatsoever in this area and have to go entirely with what the WOMAN wants.

Uh the 26th amendment says otherwise I believe with regard to voting.

Men can just up and leave. And if you think women take on abortions lightly, then I really don't know what to say to you.

Men have to register with the selective services to vote, women do not. Therefore men are not born with the right to vote at age 18 like women are. They have to earn it. Women are given it. If men don't register they can also face jail and severe penalties. Equality? I think not.

And I never said women take abortion lightly. And no men can't just up and leave. He will have to pay child support for 18 years. Paying for a child is NOT an abdication of parental responsibilities. Men don't have that right like women do.

interesting to know re: the draft. I imagine that will change soon with women now being considered for combat.

He could go to a different country - not an easy decision to make, but then again neither is an abortion . Here in Canada, child support is generally paid according to income, and as such child support is generally not an undue burden.

Guest Iain C
i find the whole "boohoo i dont like that its called feminism that means they just want women to be equal and not men" as a thing thats said by people who dont know what the fuck theyre on about. from my understanding there was an egalitarian movement but it got fucked up by blokes so they had to use the term feminism (thats just from what ive read on the net so is probably false)

another thing i see about is dickhead blokes who think that rights are a zero sum game and if women get more equal men will be more unequal or some shit.

can i ask what role u guys think men play in the whole feminism thing, i like to think of myself as a feminist but then the way i see it some people wouldnt like men trying to dictate what feminism is etc etc

radical feminists who hate trans ppl can fuck off tho imo

also omg u cant even open the door these stupid bitches hate men boohoo not all feminists are straw(wo)men who hate blokes and yell at you for holding a door open for them grow the fuck up

Good points in this post, especially re alleged "radical feminists" who could better be described as "white, middle class, cisgendered feminists" which I suppose wasn't as catchy. They're responsible for some truly vile attacks on some of the most marginalised people in society. And no you dickhead I'm not talking about men.

As to what role men should play in feminism: little to none. It's a women's movement for women. For that reason I don't describe myself as a feminist any more, as I'm not even sure it's possible for a man to be one.

That's not to say men shouldn't challenge sexism and other oppressions when they encounter them. Of course we should. But the feminist movement should be defined, led and organised by women - or what's the point?

Incidentally I should add that secretly, I'm just as misogynistic as you, and only hold these opinions so I can get laid by women (have sex).

I simply said that males being a victim of rape is more of a problem than women being the victims of rape, since the majority of rape victims are males

That's fine, as long as 'more of a problem' = 'happens more often.' But where I can't go along with you is in the broader context of your claims that there is not a wage gap and, implicitly, that women are systematically disempowered or disenfranchised in the workplace. You might not be meaning to say that 'more men raped than women' implies 'men are in a worse social position than women,' but your making both arguments together suggests you think they go together, which maybe one thing people are resisting so strongly here (since they have nothing to do with each other).

If anything men are being disenfranchised from the work force with the high potential for sexual harassment charges being enforced upon men

Women entered a male dominated environment of those careers and forced men to change the way they are to suit their needs, rather than women themselves changing to fit the environment.

Oh snap i just saw this - seriously? Yeah those damn women, forcing men to stop harassing them sexually. Shit, if only we could go back to the good old days where men could just grab a chick by the hair, drag her back to the cave and have his way with her.

-Men are NOT.

-Women have the right to abdicate parental responsibilities through a number of means (like abortion)

-Men have no rights whatsoever in this area and have to go entirely with what the WOMAN wants.

Men can just up and leave. And if you think women take on abortions lightly, then I really don't know what to say to you.

Men have to register with the selective services to vote, women do not. Therefore men are not born with the right to vote at age 18 like women are. They have to earn it. Women are given it. If men don't register they can also face jail and severe penalties. Equality? I think not.

And I never said women take abortion lightly. And no men can't just up and leave. He will have to pay child support for 18 years. Paying for a child is NOT an abdication of parental responsibilities. Men don't have that right like women do.

interesting to know re: the draft. I imagine that will change soon with women now being considered for combat.

He could go to a different country - not an easy decision to make, but then again neither is an abortion . Here in Canada, child support is generally paid according to income, and as such child support is generally not an undue burden.

Actually, Not unless he leaves quickly. Err...and doesn't already have a passport..

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppi/family/family_863.html

Well he should leave quickly then. I know my passport is up-to-date, precisely for this contingency.

Your passport is up to date so you can leave the country to dodge your parental responsibilities?

Oh snap i just saw this - seriously? Yeah those damn women, forcing men to stop harassing them sexually. Shit, if only we could go back to the good old days where men could just grab a chick by the hair, drag her back to the cave and have his way with her.

"I did actually post about this in that thread about 'social issues threads', you obviously wouldn't like my statement on the issue because of course in your opinion personal experiences dont count. Here's my post :

I used to work in a really male orientated workplace (there were women in the office but it was above a warehouse that I had to liaise with daily) now, I had to put up with men shouting stuff, constant glares, a manager whom persisted in advancing on me via our skype contact (we all used skype to contact people in the company etc)

I did have a fantastic boss who did tell the manager in question off for his behaviour, however the way many men in the workplace judge women is by their looks/sexual appeal etc. This is also an issue when a woman walks down a road, I really would like to know how you would feel about walking along a road and have a man, in a car roll up beside you and ask you to get in his car or shout inappropriate stuff to you. This is why there has been a lot of 'ads' calling for people to stop this behaviour and to also teach young boys how to behave appropriately.

Feminism is about equality for everyone- for people to not have to feel scared about 'that creepy guy in the office' or walking down a dark ally way.

but you know what Zeffolia, I don't doubt you'll ignore my view and that's fine but remember when someone states personal reasons for a cause, you better respect that person because you have no idea about the shit they've had to deal with because of your beliefs."

Well he should leave quickly then. I know my passport is up-to-date, precisely for this contingency.

Your passport is up to date so you can leave the country to dodge your parental responsibilities?

Yep - just like my partner has her Ob-gyn on speed dial for that emergency abortion!

i find the whole "boohoo i dont like that its called feminism that means they just want women to be equal and not men" as a thing thats said by people who dont know what the fuck theyre on about. from my understanding there was an egalitarian movement but it got fucked up by blokes so they had to use the term feminism (thats just from what ive read on the net so is probably false)

another thing i see about is dickhead blokes who think that rights are a zero sum game and if women get more equal men will be more unequal or some shit.

can i ask what role u guys think men play in the whole feminism thing, i like to think of myself as a feminist but then the way i see it some people wouldnt like men trying to dictate what feminism is etc etc

radical feminists who hate trans ppl can fuck off tho imo

also omg u cant even open the door these stupid bitches hate men boohoo not all feminists are straw(wo)men who hate blokes and yell at you for holding a door open for them grow the fuck up

Good points in this post, especially re alleged "radical feminists" who could better be described as "white, middle class, cisgendered feminists" which I suppose wasn't as catchy. They're responsible for some truly vile attacks on some of the most marginalised people in society. And no you dickhead I'm not talking about men.

As to what role men should play in feminism: little to none. It's a women's movement for women. For that reason I don't describe myself as a feminist any more, as I'm not even sure it's possible for a man to be one.

That's not to say men shouldn't challenge sexism and other oppressions when they encounter them. Of course we should. But the feminist movement should be defined, led and organised by women - or what's the point?

Incidentally I should add that secretly, I'm just as misogynistic as you, and only hold these opinions so I can get laid by women (have sex).

Why is it impossible for you to maintain civility and keep calm? Do you verbally abuse your significant other?

why is it male dominated to begin with ? because women choose to be poorer and less self sufficient than men ? it's true that many women can be content with their position but those who aren't are facing serious obstacles, that's the main problem i think.

and what unreasonable change are women forcing exactly, the plead to not sexually harass them ?

Because men have always been forcefully placed into the role of provider

Women are born with innate value because of their uteri.

Men have to prove their value through their accomplishments.

Hence areas where personal dedication and working towards accomplishments is present, men dominate

-Men are NOT.

Many men in the US are jailed for not being able to pay child support. Essentially a debtors prison which was supposedly long since abolished

Many family court lawyers specifically tell women to try and lie to make it seem like their husband makes more than he does, so that they can claim more child support.

There have been cases of men having to pay more child support than their entire yearly income, and they end up going to jail.

"I did actually post about this in that thread about 'social issues threads', you obviously wouldn't like my statement on the issue because of course in your opinion personal experiences dont count. Here's my post :

I used to work in a really male orientated workplace (there were women in the office but it was above a warehouse that I had to liaise with daily) now, I had to put up with men shouting stuff, constant glares, a manager whom persisted in advancing on me via our skype contact (we all used skype to contact people in the company etc)

I did have a fantastic boss who did tell the manager in question off for his behaviour, however the way many men in the workplace judge women is by their looks/sexual appeal etc. This is also an issue when a woman walks down a road, I really would like to know how you would feel about walking along a road and have a man, in a car roll up beside you and ask you to get in his car or shout inappropriate stuff to you. This is why there has been a lot of 'ads' calling for people to stop this behaviour and to also teach young boys how to behave appropriately.

Feminism is about equality for everyone- for people to not have to feel scared about 'that creepy guy in the office' or walking down a dark ally way.

but you know what Zeffolia, I don't doubt you'll ignore my view and that's fine but remember when someone states personal reasons for a cause, you better respect that person because you have no idea about the shit they've had to deal with because of your beliefs."

Stuff like this happens to everyone that doesn't maintain the "norm" people want or expect of them. It is a sad thing about society in general. I've experienced discrimination for very minor things like wanting to wear slimmer jeans than normals do.

Wait, you're changing the subject. My point was, it seemed to me you were making an infelicitous suggestion that the higher-man-rape fact had something to do with the broader issue of it being false that women are systematically disenfranchised in the workplace and in society at large. I didn't get the link between those two claims, or else you did not mean to draw any link -- I just wanted to be clear on that.

Your two following points are not very good reasoning.

(a) It is not clear why the mere potential for sexual harrassment charges disenfranchises a man in the workplace. Most simply, as long as he doesn't harrass anyone, he should be able to carry on as usual. If he is the type who has a disposition toward harrassing comments or behavior, then the potential is doing its job by preventing him from acting on that disposition.

(b) When a 'male-dominated environment' includes men treating women disrespectfully, then it would be absurd to expect women to adjust to that environment. If they treated the men disrespectfully in return, they would be fired; and moreover you don't want to work in a place where other people, man or woman, are grabbing or staring at your fuckin tits all day (girl-tits or man-tits).

(And the fact that you would make such obviously poor arguments is why I am so suspicious that you are just trolling. You come off as just wanting to get a rise out of people through inflammatory statements of any kind in the general area of gender relations. I have no sense yet why you even care so much unless you just categorically hate women.)

Stuff like this happens to everyone that doesn't maintain the "norm" people want or expect of them. It is a sad thing about society in general. I've experienced discrimination for very minor things like wanting to wear slimmer jeans than normals do.

He's obviously a dickhead who used the phrase "white knight faggots" in the other thread. If he's so into men's rights perhaps he could explain exactly what his problem with faggots is.

Seriously, there is nothing - nothing - more pathetic than the so-called men's rights movement. These dorks make libertarians look well-adjusted and compson look rational.

Thankfully he'll die unmourned.

Why is the men's right pathetic?

Oh, it seemed like you just copy-pasted a previous point...anyways you should stop forcing men to stop sexually harassing you. It's their god-given right, don't you know?

Guest Iain C

Why is it impossible for you to maintain civility and keep calm? Do you verbally abuse your significant other?

Hatred of liberal rationality/civility fetishists like you is like Ready Brek to me.

Yeah, but Im sure you didn't fear for your life.... No you're right I should have been a good girl and got in the car with the scary man.

And my point about sexual harassment in the workplace alienating men from their jobs was because often even a false accusation can get them fired

Women wield immense unearned power. They can falsely accuse a man of raping or sexually harassing them and his life will be ruined

Even false accusations hold consequences for men.

I am not saying true accusations aren't warranted but the fact that even false ones come with severe consequences proves that this power women hold in the ability to accuse is unjust.

And all of these other sarcastic offshoots are really unnecessary

I never claimed it's okay to harass women or tell them to get into your car and whatnot.

I think dudes should have to pay child support if they have a child and they wish they hadn't and also can't convince the female parent to have an abortion/adoption. That doesn't seem like discrimination at all, more-so just responsibility. I also think having children should be taken more seriously by everyone involved, with sex for all intensive purposes being irregardless. To cite my opinions on this matter, I would like to point everyone to the google search "too many babies + watmm.com."

Has your propensity to wear slim-fitting jeans caused you to suffer lower pay than "normals"?

And my point about sexual harassment in the workplace alienating men from their jobs was because often even a false accusation can get them fired

Women wield immense unearned power. They can falsely accuse a man of raping or sexually harassing them and his life will be ruined

Even false accusations hold consequences for men.

I am not saying true accusations aren't warranted but the fact that even false ones come with severe consequences proves that this power women hold in the ability to accuse is unjust.

And all of these other sarcastic offshoots are really unnecessary

I never claimed it's okay to harass women or tell them to get into your car and whatnot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2188112/Mother-jailed-making-TWO-false-rape-claims-men-dating-didnt-liaison.html

Archived