IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

maybe they'll release digital vinyls 1 month early, like they have done with Oversteps and Exai.

I really hope so - it seemed to have helped considerably with Exai...

maybe they'll release digital vinyls 1 month early, like they have done with Oversteps and Exai.

can you imagine the collective 'sigh of relief' from the community if they do release one month early...

that would mean digital vinyls release next Friday or Saturday...

can you imagine the collective 'sigh of relief' from the community if they do release one month early...

Oh my giddy aunt - I would reverse-shit myself with excitement!

I guess we'll have to wait and see...

teehee

teehee

With as much wide-spread attention that this announcement seemed to receive, and the higher likelihood of leaks as a result (I don't recall "Exai" getting nearly this amount of attention when it was announced, although I was surprised to see the AVclub reporting on it), I think this would be the best move for Warp/Bleep.

I mean, really, is it going to affect sales negatively in the least if they release the digital vinyls (goddamn, what a stupid phrase; I almost couldn't finish typing that) a month early? They're probably rolling in the dough as it is. So it would only be a nice nod to the fans to allow downloads sooner, and it would probably be better on their servers for the actual release day, anyway.

teehee

With as much wide-spread attention that this announcement seemed to receive, and the higher likelihood of leaks as a result (I don't recall "Exai" getting nearly this amount of attention when it was announced, although I was surprised to see the AVclub reporting on it), I think this would be the best move for Warp/Bleep.

I mean, really, is it going to affect sales negatively in the least if they release the digital vinyls (goddamn, what a stupid phrase; I almost couldn't finish typing that) a month early? They're probably rolling in the dough as it is. So it would only be a nice nod to the fans to allow downloads sooner, and it would probably be better on their servers for the actual release day, anyway.

Exai got plenty of exposure, enough to kill Bleep for a while, just like with this.

But yeah, I agree that they could afford to release digital vinyls early, as with the two high profile releases I've already mentioned.

I think there are other issues to consider though - iTunes sales, for one. I know that Warp will have to tow a fine line between keeping their distributors happy and curbing rampant illegal downloads.

If they were able to do it with Oversteps and Exai, I'm sure they can wrangle some kind of early digital release for Tomorrow's Harvest. At least, that's what many will be hoping.

It seems like the only people who preorder are die-hards. So that's cash in their pocket right now with no immediate reward in our hands. They should reward fans for doing it.

It seems like the only people who preorder are die-hards. So that's cash in their pocket right now with no immediate reward in our hands. They should reward fans for doing it.

isn't the whole point of a pre-order to ensure that you get a copy of something that is of finite production?

surely that's reward in and of itself?

I agree. Given that they have the means to do this and the precedent, they have good reason to do this.

isn't the whole point of a pre-order to ensure that you get a copy of something that is of finite production?

Yeah thank god I preordered all those albums that are completely impossible to find now.

Edited by LOL Alzado

Yeah thank god I preordered all those albums that are completely impossible to find now.

well now you know what to do next time, if the very fact that you have ensured yourself a copy by pre-ordering is not enough.

don't pre-order.

I no longer pre-order computer games, due to the massive over hyping and often disappointing end product.

Edited by oscillik

maybe we get some little goodie with our pre-orders. and maybe a early release of the files.

apart from that hope, there is no real point in pre-ordering from such established artists whose products will be still in stock in a few months.

what was the point with all the deluxe oversteps hype and i still can buy the records?!

anyway, what do you think how many they'll press these days on such a release? 5000? (talking 'bout vinyl, needless to say)

maybe we get some little goodie with our pre-orders. and maybe a early release of the files.

apart from that hope, there is no real point in pre-ordering from such established artists whose products will be still in stock in a few months.

what was the point with all the deluxe oversteps hype and i still can buy the records?!

anyway, what do you think how many they'll press these days on such a release? 5000? (talking 'bout vinyl, needless to say)

Oversteps was never advertised by Warp or Bleep as a limited edition. Other retailers were misadvertising it as a limited edition of their own accord.

Awepittance mentioned something about Warp having misled the retailers into believing they were limited, but of course we'll probably never know about that.

In any case, Oversteps vinyl was never advertised as being limited.

Edited by oscillik

What's with that date? I know the UK uses DD/MM/YYYY, but even if it's backwards, that isn't the release date, is it?

That's the most confusing date convention I've ever seen, frankly. 20th of Janember, year 0605?

It makes more sense when you think about it. Don't Japanese write their addresses that way too, starting with country, area, town, street etc...

Change it, otherwise I'll have a nervous breakdown

Yeah, I probably will. Besides, I forgot to set the transparency on the type so the cardboard bleeds through more realistically...

OK, updated it. Now I can sleep at night. In retrospect, I kinda like the other font better than Avant Garde, but we're going for homage/parody here...

Guest isaki

Pros
Gluten-free, lactose-free and vegetarian family kits are great for those with special dietary needs.

Cons
Variety is missing from both food storage items and survival gear.

The Verdict
: 6.85/10

Tomorrow's Harvest provides only the best food, both in terms of quality and taste.

Tomorrow's Harvest confirmed for 6.85/10 album

Edited by isaki

Guest Gravity

I'm liking the new front page design. Would be cool if people made a bunch based on different subforum artists and it randomly cycled through them.