IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

[youtubehd]wns8vsbJ7Ls&list=UUZuhXGO5v1qG-MGW6wCBsuQ[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]NXf0aV1Sazg&list=UUZuhXGO5v1qG-MGW6wCBsuQ[/youtubehd]

get tae...

Edited by keltoi

Guest LucidVibes

I fuqin' hope that the 'video transmission' is no indicator of what the album is going to be like... sounds like a terminator 2 post apocalyptic soundtrack or something i'll be honest... I don't like it one bit... There I said it :) . BUT... I'm a big fan of BoC and have faith that the new album will be amazing...if their whole discography is anything to go by. Yeah, we live in 'sick times', but theres duality; you can focus on the dark side or the light side (with everything, especially as a musical expression). So I hope the music as a whole will be uplifting and ultimately positive, instead of dark and descending. 'Gemini' is an interesting name for the first track as this suggests duality, two sides, dual-natured, elusive... When they are good, they are very attractive; when they are bad they are pretty dark... sounds like BoC lol.

has anyone else not received an order confirmation from bleep? i ordered shortly after the pre-order went up, got my paypal transaction confirmation, and i can go on bleep and see the order (as well as download the .pdf order summary, so i'm guessing i'm ok), but i never got any kind of confirmation email.

i'm not too concerned, it just seems odd.

there are quite a few of us that didn't get the email, me included.

my friend who ordered, got the PayPal receipt but no Bleep invoice or confirmation email.

I ordered through PayPal and got both the receipt and confirmation... I've kept both in my email incase there is any issue

'Gemini' is an interesting name for the first track as this suggests duality, two sides, dual-natured, elusive...

I hope they are working they way through the zodiac for track names

Isn't Gemini also an air sign, much like Aquarius? Gemini is also appropriate seeing as how it's the first track. The song titles seem to be ordered in way that tracks a progression from least disturbance to decay, followed by rebirth...

'Gemini' is an interesting name for the first track as this suggests duality, two sides, dual-natured, elusive...

If they are, I hope they pick up the pace. :emotawesomepm9:

Isn't one of them by Awepittance? The Eternal Autumn one (or am I misremembering the title, it's been so many years....might be confusing who made it too!). Yeah I'm getting senile.

Aquarius is probably just named after the track it's sampled from:http://www.youtube.com/embed/N9oq_IskRIg

Would be sweet. But I doubt it. I wonder whether I'll dislike the Gemini-track as much as I dislike Geminis IRL. Also, Mike Sandison is a Gemini.

Isn't Gemini also an air sign, much like Aquarius? Gemini is also appropriate seeing as how it's the first track. The song titles seem to be ordered in way that tracks a progression from least disturbance to decay, followed by rebirth...

Yeah they're both Air signs... I don't get along with those. But Aquarius is a killer track still.

Aquarius is probably just named after the track it's sampled from:http://www.youtube.com/embed/N9oq_IskRIg

according to MDG, the version of the track used on the album wasn't using a sample from the film. The only version of the track that samples the film is the original 7" release

QUOTE (Moebius @ Dec 9 2007, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's simply the case that, with the amount of samples BoC has used from old songs, films, tv shows and the like, they'd be hypocrites not to allow others the same freedom with their work.

BOC are very thorough about the painstaking creation of sounds that seem to be samples of something old, when in fact they're not.

The actual music-sample usage by BOC from other people's work is really not very much at all, and in any case is quite explicitly obvious when it has been done; examples include the beat and bassline in the 7" single version of "Aquarius" (which the band then re-created from scratch for the album version, using real bass and percussion), and the beat in the 12" version of "Nlogax".

Boards of Canada have obviously used a lot of speech samples in their work over the years, such as the Leslie Nielsen sample in "Dandelion", the "Energy Warning" speech, the "From One Source All Things Depend" speech, etc.. But even with speech samples, much of it is created by BOC collaborating with various friends (for example half of the speech on "Geogaddi" was custom-done, and again much of "Music Has The Right To Children")

And contrary to popular belief, "Magic Window" wasn't sampled from John Cage, it was actually assembled from samples of the gaps on "Bitches Brew".

according to MDG, the version of the track used on the album wasn't using a sample from the film. The only version of the track that samples the film is the original 7" release

It's simply the case that, with the amount of samples BoC has used from old songs, films, tv shows and the like, they'd be hypocrites not to allow others the same freedom with their work.

BOC are very thorough about the painstaking creation of sounds that seem to be samples of something old, when in fact they're not.

The actual music-sample usage by BOC from other people's work is really not very much at all, and in any case is quite explicitly obvious when it has been done; examples include the beat and bassline in the 7" single version of "Aquarius" (which the band then re-created from scratch for the album version, using real bass and percussion), and the beat in the 12" version of "Nlogax".

Boards of Canada have obviously used a lot of speech samples in their work over the years, such as the Leslie Nielsen sample in "Dandelion", the "Energy Warning" speech, the "From One Source All Things Depend" speech, etc.. But even with speech samples, much of it is created by BOC collaborating with various friends (for example half of the speech on "Geogaddi" was custom-done, and again much of "Music Has The Right To Children")

And contrary to popular belief, "Magic Window" wasn't sampled from John Cage, it was actually assembled from samples of the gaps on "Bitches Brew".

that is all well and good. but if i recreated the bassline from 'another one bites the dust' instead of sampling it; the fact remains that it is still someone else's bassline.

juss sayin

i had no idea they created so much of the children and people speaking though. that is awesome.

and i knew the magic window track was from miles. it sounded so familiar.

Edited by jules

that is all well and good. but if i recreated the bassline from 'another one bites the dust' instead of sampling it; the fact remains that it is still someone else's bassline.

juss sayin

i had no idea they created so much of the children and people speaking though. that is awesome.

the word 'sampled' was used where it wasn't applicable.

sorry for getting all 'spergers about it, but there is a difference. clearly there was some legal issue with the original version of Aquarius so they had to get the notes some other way.

juss sayin

the word 'sampled' was used where it wasn't applicable.

sorry for getting all 'spergers about it, but there is a difference. clearly there was some legal issue with the original version of Aquarius so they had to get the notes some other way.

My point was the name of the track and it's origins and obviously the "sampled" version came first so "sampled" is applicable.

The 7inch version sounds slower and a little bit more funkier! :]