IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

Guest P0rtralia

So is the youtube Sick Times legit, Joyrex must know? I sincerely hope not not much to latch on to.

I hope it's fake because I don't like it

I have a strange suspicion that it isn't fake, though.

amazon.co.jp

it's real, and i love them. It's got a total Zabriskie Point/Andromeda Strain feel to it. With a post-apocalyptic twist.

Sorry, what are you trying to say by posting the url to the japanese Amazon site?

That the youtube video of Sick Times isn't a fake and is indeed real?

I don't understand.

i think the "it's real" was regarding the sleeve artwork (the images from amazon.co.jp), not the "sick times" track. that, as 747 pointed out, is "confirmed fake" according to aesthetics on twoism.

Edited by pattern recognition

I hope it's fake because I don't like it

I have a strange suspicion that it isn't fake, though.

amazon.co.jp

it's real, and i love them. It's got a total Zabriskie Point/Andromeda Strain feel to it. With a post-apocalyptic twist.

Sorry, what are you trying to say by posting the url to the japanese Amazon site?

That the youtube video of Sick Times isn't a fake and is indeed real?

I don't understand.

i think the "it's real" was regarding the sleeve artwork (the images from amazon.co.jp), not the "sick times" track. that, as 747 pointed out, is "confirmed fake" according to aesthetics on twoism.

Gotcha. Cheers for clearing that up

I could bare the 8 years of not having an album, but now that I know there is going to be one, I want it now!

if they can keep what theyre upto a secret for 8 years, im sure they can keep the album from leaking for a month.

I'd imagine that this month will be the hardest in terms of keeping it under wraps. As the physical disks become distributed to sellers, retailers and warehouses, there is more likelihood that someone will bring home a copy and burn copies for friends, etc.

Guest isaki

I could bare the 8 years of not having an album, but now that I know there is going to be one, I want it now!

flol never realised how funny 2:12 is

Edited by isaki

Can't be arsed tracking back through these threads tonight so fuck it if jazz, but it seems there isn't a bonus track for Japan:

http://www.beatink.com/Labels/Warp-Records/Boards-of-Canada/BRC-382/

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Boards-Of-Canada_000000000082367/item_Tomorrow-s-Harvest_5421131

At least that should save me a few bob. And did the album announcement usher in the official return to the bog-standard forum of chaosmachine and playbynumbers?

Guest philia

hell yea. hyped for this.

been a minute since i've last been here. glad to see batcock picture is still being posted :emb:

if they can keep what theyre upto a secret for 8 years, im sure they can keep the album from leaking for a month.

even if it does leak,they,ve probably had money from everyone on this thread by now

many, many moneys from me.

i'm going to try and abstain from listening to any leaks this time. i listened to a TCH leak and i feel it soured my experience somewhat.

So is the youtube Sick Times legit, Joyrex must know? I sincerely hope not not much to latch on to.

Confirmed fake. Sounds nothing like the actual track* :emotawesomepm9:

*I assume so, that is... hehe

Guest P0rtralia

Confirmed fake. Sounds nothing like the actual track* :emotawesomepm9:

ha ha Joyrex, thanks, your such a tease though

*I assume so, that is... hehe

Guest ZombieLincoln666

the cover is shit, but who cares? artwork does not an album make.

The cover is awesome. It is way cooler than your avatar.

The cover reminded me of this classic 80's film....PLUS the puzzle is a bit like the ."what the hell is this?" vibe of that movie too... Right now I'm fantasizing that this album is like a weird re-working of that films soundtrack.. for today's audience....(harvest)

Edited by phudoshin

it is avant garde. an EXTREMELY popular typeface.

yea and its not their first time to use it, ABPOITC, and those window images remind me of that artwork too, albeit film frames, these are like looking through the window of a jeep or something.

Guest Ando

There's definitely an allusion to dystopian 70s films with that font, I think that's the only reason that text fits in.

fart

Edited by Ando

I emailed Bleep and asked them if they would consider offering the 16bit WAV/FLAC or 24bit WAV to people who preordered a physical copy. I thought they would have done anyway as they do with other big Warp names like Autechre and Brian Eno, I mean don't get me wrong I would love to throw money at BoC all day but that doesn't necessarily mean I can, and seeing as anyone who preorders has a lossless copy anyway (although not in digital form with vinyl) I don't see why they shouldn't let you redeem a digital version of it.

Edited by TheTransitionary

Soylent_Green_6SH.jpg

I'm thinking the overall influence came more from The Andromeda Strain; one of the bro's favourite films, obvious hexagon connections, 70's sci-fi set initially in a barren deserted desert town and an early electronic soundtrack (worth checking out btw).

andromeda.jpg