IGNORED

Fluorescent Grey - Antique Electronic / Synthesizer Greats 1955 - 1985 Pt 2

UPDATED:

Released now! In addition an entirely new 90 minute LP Pt 3 of the series will be out in a month and a half. A limited edition cassette dual pack as a joint effort between Acroplane and RecordLabelRecords will be available at the launch before Part 3 is available digitally.

post-403-0-29030300-1383335481_thumb.jpg

post-403-0-71574500-1383335537_thumb.jpg

artwork by Justin Bergstrom

tapes limited to 100 copies each, binder set limited to 10 (ordering links soon)

Pt 2 Tracklist:

1. Bridegroom Groin Igloo
2. Uncle Saw
3. Lard Scar Hue
4. Sneaky Charcoal Wash Wish
5. Hazel Plush Ducks
6. Sir. Gator Norm
7. Derrick May's Assertion About Tecno Sounding Like George Clinton and Kraftwerk Stuck In An Elevator Is Not Accurate
8. Denotative Dart Gild GNU
9. Superintendent Olive Scam Log
10. Brian Tegaskin's Grandpa, Alan Hawkshaw
11. Glimmer Ghost Jelly Ride
12. Ogre Dub
13. Ninth Car=His Jag
14. Vee, Galvanic Piss Red
15. Incoherent Ox Gown Dump
running time: 94 minutes

order Pt 2 and 3 on cassette here

Pt 2 Free Download Options:

Download album @ 320kb/s MP3

Download album in Flac format

Download album in WAV format

post-403-0-45124300-1383910062_thumb.jpg
post-403-0-82001400-1383910069_thumb.jpg
post-403-0-91148700-1383910085_thumb.jpg
post-403-0-56478500-1383910077_thumb.jpg
post-403-0-94151600-1383910097_thumb.jpg
post-403-0-73982800-1383910105_thumb.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up for Demolition: PhD, Klaus Netzle, Serge Blenner, Kurt Riemans, Tag Yr It, Second Sight, KPM Music, Richard Burmer, Automatic Man, Sylvester, Donna Rhodes, Rush, Fabian Nesti, Gino Soccio, Joe Yellow, Akaba, Gazebo, Vin Zee, Klein & MBO, Taffy, Cetu Javu, The Vendetta, Poussez, Red Queen, Yes, Gentle Giant, Gong, Jan Hammer, Mort Garison, Bruce Haack, Caldara, Subject, Laibach, Naughtiest Girl was a Monitor, Synergy, Jerry Goldsmith, Mark Isham, Francis & Carmine Coppola, Patrick Moraz, Nicolas Peyrac, Morton Subotnick, Wendy Carlos, Jon & Vangelis

i use mostly music that I actually like. I try to stay away from stuff that's too well known like a Rick James track or a popular Prince riff. The whole project is a celebration of early electronic music pre-rave that inadvertently or via unconscious osmosis influenced and inspired electronic music that we know and love today.

edit: notice that the cutoff date has now been extended 1 year. 1984 was the cutoff for Part 1, now it's 1985. 1 year in terms of electronic music production techniques makes a huge difference in what I'm sampling. This is the year that kicked off digital dancehall, wide spread use of fm synthesis, samplers in pop music, electro/hiphop/freestyle gaining traction, and many more shifts in electronic music in general.
So basically this allows me to sample songs that have samples, things like early linn drum loops. And also 3 of my favorite albums, Skinny Puppy's Bites, Remission and Brap. Just for the fuck of it a lot of late 70s prog rock synth stuff is on here too including Gentle Giant, Rush, Yes, Jan Hammer and Magma.

I partially recant what I said above, sometimes some of the worst and most unlistenable albums make for the best sampling material. Case in point, this 'electronic' record from 1984

grace_slick-software.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Acroplane's show on Future Music Radio will be premiering almost the whole album in mix form in about 20 minutes streaming live here

https://www.facebook.com/events/264594990351916/264786303666118/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_mall_activity

the show starts right now but Paul's still downloading my mix as I type this because I worked right down to the wire. Hope you enjoy!

did you try the itunes stream? It was glitching out earlier but now it's working. No exclusives, i had to leave off about 5 tracks that wouldn't fit in under an hour

I made it work through .m3u, but not stable. It seems i managed to listen just in time though, there was some dark repetitive techno and now old-school synths.

thanks for checking it out. The final version will be out in a couple of weeks hopefully. Still needs some more mastering and the mix will be a lot more solid on the final version.

I managed to catch fade in and fade out, missed some bits due to unstability, but overall it was very enjoyable and certainly not something you would expect from antique synth music. Lots of stuff for repeated listening. Looking forward to the full thing.

I cringe at typing something so OCD but...

I'm finally going to burn Part 1 to a couple of CD-Rs, is there a split between two halves that you would have in mind, or should I just worry about more important things in life?

i'd say before Arcjet PEnhorn is a good place to split it. That being the longest song and it's where i've split it before when burning Cds myself :emotawesomepm9:

Anybody else get a chance to hear the mix today? Any questions or comments would be appreciated. It's not entirely done yet so if anybody has any suggestions or whatever please let me know. I'm still working on new tracks in collaboration with Wisp, and Exillon that will hopefully make it on the final album.

Archived