IGNORED

Fluorescent Grey - Antique Electronic / Synthesizer Greats 1955 - 1985 Pt 2

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing looking set of tapes!

Yes, indeed- nice to see Robbie doing tapes, they are really cool, even with their sonic limits.

Aside that, are both editions the same or different? I mailed you as well, please spare me a copy.

Can't wait to make a little shooting for them like I did for your Ambience-box.

Hi Thorsten, the tapes are actually 2 different albums, part 2 & 3 respectively in the series 'Antique Electronic/Synthesizer Greats'. The purple one (pt 2) will be available as a free download immediately, while the blue one (pt 3) won't be available as a download for at least 2 months. The 'gimmick' is that you can buy part 3 on cassette 2 months before it's available as a download at the same time part 2 comes out. We will put ordering links up shortly.

the binder version, which is limited to 10 pieces only will include both part 2 & 3 together. We'll give a discount if you just want to buy the tapes as a pair without the binder.

:beer: it's out for real now (see sig), now you can all brace yourselves for pt 3 due out right before 2014, no fiddling with or delay in release date this time either since pt 3 is already finished.

http://acroplanerecordings.bandcamp.com/album/antique-electronic-synthesizer-greats-1955-1985-part-2

thanks dude, that seems to be one of the more liked songs. Sort of me doing a sensate focus on a heap of different newcleus tracks.

Newcleus = Uncle Sew

most of the songs are similar anagrams, but that's all I'm going to spoil for now

Yeah, I feel I would have a better appreciation for this if I had at least some reference points for where the samples are coming from, but that doesn't take away from enjoying it.

I think that part sounds a lot like the technique Gold Panda employs sometimes. Sounds like chords cut up and put together nicely so they fit into the rhythm, but I could be totally off about it.

Samples taken from the following electronic music dated 1955-1985:
PhD, Klaus Netzle, Serge Blenner, Kurt Riemans, Tag Yr It, Second Sight, KPM Music, Richard Burmer, Automatic Man, Sylvester, Donna Rhodes, Rush, Fabian Nesti, Gino Soccio, Joe Yellow,
Akaba, Gazebo, Vin Zee, Klein & MBO, Taffy, Cetu Javu, The Vendetta, Poussez, Red Queen, Yes, Gentle Giant, Gong, Jan Hammer, Mort Garrison, Bruce Haack, Caldara, Subject, Laibach, Naughtiest Girl was a Monitor, Synergy, Jerry Goldsmith, Mark Isham, Francis & Carmine Coppola, Patrick Moraz, Nicolas Peyrac, Morton Subotnick, Wendy Carlos, Jon & Vangelis, Giorgio Moroder, Donna Summer, Chris & Cosey, Quick Culture, Sequential Circuits, Korg, Goblin, George Clinton, Kraftwerk, David Tudor, Production Elements, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, BBC Radiophonic workshop, Gil Mele', Skinny Puppy, Prince Jazzbo, King Tubby, Charanjit Singh, Can, Klinik, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire, Laurie Anderson, Kate Bush, Grace Jone, Grace Slick, Morton Subotnick, Melbourne University Electronic Music program, Jean Luc Ponty, Newcleaus, Alvin Lucier, Jean Claude Risset, Conrad Schnitzler, John Harrison, SPK + more I can't remember

fyi: Korg and Sequential Circuits does not denote that this gear was used, it was used but

only in the form of 70s product demonstration LPs these companies both released

dat tom sawyer

listened to most of this on my way home from work tonight. it is fanfuckingtastic.

also you could have milked 2 years of trolling the rdj subforum with track 10, easily. but you knew that. and you didn't. that shows... admirable restraint.

i know the bandcamp players make it seem like you could do it. I wonder if it can be done with different bandcamp releases if the applets were all embedded on the same page?

updates:

there are 4 tape binders left

and I forgot to mention that each individual tape is limited to 75 copies. Right now there are plenty of copies of both Pt 2 and Pt 3

thanks spd2 and hello spiral!

yes the tapes look amazing and I need to purchase the set! Part 2 is so fucking brilliant man. Thanks for putting such hard work into making something wholly new out of brilliant sources. So fucking creative man. LOVE IT!!!!! I need to hear part 3 asap!

Norman most likely, i should have it set up with them after the weekend. Unfortunately i don't think there will be any tape binders left over to get to a euro distributor. There are not many left, by the time i get units packed up and ready to get there I'm guessing they will all be gone.

Archived