IGNORED

Rarest/most valuable record/cassette/cd that you own?

NorthernFusion

Yeah I've got this pic sleeve. It's my favorite of the options. The original pressing hand drawn silk screen sleeve was more of a Worm Interface thing w/ their art. This was the proper sleeve it should have had to begin with.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long time lurker, and registered because of this topic.

I used to hang out on warp/skam/rephlex a lot about 10-12 years ago, since they suddenly restocked old goodies. The most valuable records i picked up was probably the original Lego Feet, and Bola "Shapes". They used to go for around £100-150 and I considered selling both, but after the represses no one will pay that kind of money for it.

I also picked up Bradleys Robot, Buzz Caner 3x12, ABB3.1 and VSnares "A Giant Alien Force More Violent & Sick Than Anything You Can Imagine" just by being in the warpshop at the right time. Oh, those were the days.

Guest jasondonervan

That just reminded me I had this tucked away... forgot to put it up earlier.

ZRWNHE6l.jpg

HvwVUPhl.jpg

dLC1a4ql.jpg

Long time lurker, and registered because of this topic.

I used to hang out on warp/skam/rephlex a lot about 10-12 years ago, since they suddenly restocked old goodies. The most valuable records i picked up was probably the original Lego Feet, and Bola "Shapes". They used to go for around £100-150 and I considered selling both, but after the represses no one will pay that kind of money for it.

I also picked up Bradleys Robot, Buzz Caner 3x12, ABB3.1 and VSnares "A Giant Alien Force More Violent & Sick Than Anything You Can Imagine" just by being in the warpshop at the right time. Oh, those were the days.

Jealous. Big time.

ZRWNHE6l.jpg

HvwVUPhl.jpg

dLC1a4ql.jpg

Even more jealous, huh. My collection sucks in comparison.

ZRWNHE6l.jpg

HvwVUPhl.jpg

dLC1a4ql.jpg

so they were playing up the hidden message thing back then...

dLC1a4ql.jpg

Cool. I'd never seen the press release before. The hexagon w/ the "3" in it was from the color by numbers insert that came w/ the Aquarius single. It says to color #3 "the color of The Fire", but it also says Turquoise Hexagon Sun next to the hexagon too so that's interesting.

Guest jasondonervan

dLC1a4ql.jpg

Cool. I'd never seen the press release before. The hexagon w/ the "3" in it was from the color by numbers insert that came w/ the Aquarius single. It says to color #3 "the color of The Fire", but it also says Turquoise Hexagon Sun next to the hexagon too so that's interesting.

I'd always wondered what that numbered hexagon was about - I just thought it was like a reference as to who/where the promo was sent out to, and yet I knew about that Aquarius insert but never made the connection. Thanks for joining the dots for me.

I mostly have relatively rare Aphex stuff like the Drukqs box (normal edition), Bradley's Robot with the f'ing huge Rephlex poster, PowerPill Pacman CD and the yellow promo vinyl, GAK CD, A.B. 2, AB3 first vinyl press with the promo sheet, the bubblewrapped CD, AB3.1 vinyl and I have ICBYD and SAW II on cassette, as well as Classics (2 copies). Also the first vinyl presses of ICBYD (including the plastic bag) and RDJ Album.

The PowerPill Pacman CD is the most expensive music item I´ve bought, that one was 55 euro´s.

Don't have real rare stuff, but I do have a lot limited stuff by obscure labels/artists. I do wonder wether my Fela Kuti - Coffin For Head of State is rare, I found it for 15 euro's and according to the existing discogs pages I have the first press on Kalakuta Records, no gatefold sleeve but with green labels. Who knows?

I mostly have relatively rare Aphex stuff like the Drukqs box (normal edition), Bradley's Robot with the f'ing huge Rephlex poster, PowerPill Pacman CD and the yellow promo vinyl, GAK CD, A.B. 2, AB3 first vinyl press with the promo sheet, the bubblewrapped CD, AB3.1 vinyl and I have ICBYD and SAW II on cassette, as well as Classics (2 copies). Also the first vinyl presses of ICBYD (including the plastic bag) and RDJ Album.

The PowerPill Pacman CD is the most expensive music item I´ve bought, that one was 55 euro´s.

Don't have real rare stuff, but I do have a lot limited stuff by obscure labels/artists. I do wonder wether my Fela Kuti - Coffin For Head of State is rare, I found it for 15 euro's and according to the existing discogs pages I have the first press on Kalakuta Records, no gatefold sleeve but with green labels. Who knows?

Do you have the poster as well as the plastic bag? I have the poster, but not the bag. :shrug:

I forgot to mention some other Swans gems I own including this:

R-1446222-1264675807.jpeg

which contains:

R-410029-1109635664.jpg

and

R-679760-1250433785.jpeg

The albums individually aren't that expensive (as far as LP/2xLPs goes), but together in that box, they're worth a decent amount of money. However, The Great Annihilator is probably rarer/more valuable than the entire set believe it or not.

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=coffin+head+of+state&x=-1108&y=-247

Seems like you got a good deal.

Do you have the poster as well as the plastic bag? I have the poster, but not the bag. :shrug:

Nope, only the bag unfortunately. But if you want to help me complete my ICBYD collection... :emotawesomepm9:

Do you have the promo poster with the empty text balloon?

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=coffin+head+of+state&x=-1108&y=-247

Seems like you got a good deal.

Thanks for that! Looking through that, I think I must have a bootleg of the original press, although that one isn't on discogs or anywhere on the internet. When I look at pics of the label I notice that the writings are much better printed on the original, mine has a bit smudgy print. Also, mine states it is in mono, the original should be a stereo recording. Under mono it also says "xpartx 89.918" which isn't printed on the original and I have no idea what it is. And finally, the sleeve of my copy is also in way to good condition to be a 32 year old record from Nigeria.

Archived