IGNORED

Rarest/most valuable record/cassette/cd that you own?

NorthernFusion

The rarest (?) record I own is probably The Great Annihilator by Swans:

R-640752-1267468032.jpeg

Most valuable? Maybe my first press (with the different mix of Tomorrow Never Knows) of this:

R-2318045-1276592861.jpeg

I'm not sure if this thread has been done before, I couldn't find anything to suggest otherwise.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rarest record I own is SND - Vandyk-k Integ Paradise

R-2426946-1283456661.jpeg

93 pressings

followed very closely by the records released by Remerge Records

and of course this one

R-14936-1328779086.jpeg

the most valuble I own is the WARPLP92X version of Drukqs

R-325774-1250465812.png

other notable mentions: Autechre - Quaristice, Warp20 box set, Elecktroids - Elecktroworld...in fact, fuck it just have a look through my Discogs collection

rarest? test press of max tundras will get fooled again 7"

mv? no idea. prolly APHG tour ep from 2009. or holes my body the handgrenade LP with bonus poster.

I can't believe this image is still online, I've moved ISPs twice yet this still seems to be on my webspace. Whichever one is the most rare of these -

idmage.jpg

I'd say that Lp :

4503ed400691.jpg

Mr Fingers - Amnesia Lp (first (and only ?) press)

and this mini CD :

MI0002270221.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Keith Fullerton Whitman - Twenty Two Minutes for Electric Guitar (50 ex.)

I'd say that Lp :

4503ed400691.jpg

Mr Fingers - Amnesia Lp (first (and only ?) press)

I tried getting this on Discogs.

someone was selling a bootleg pressing as if it were a real one. It's virtually indistinguishable from the real thing, unless you check out the sleeve and the labels.

93 pressings

and of course this one

other notable mentions: Autechre - Quaristice, Warp20 box set, Elecktroids - Elecktroworld...in fact, fuck it just have a look through my Discogs collection

How is that pressing of Drukqs? Or have you not heard both to comment?

I should've bought that BoC 7" when I had the chance and before the prices shot up after the album announcement, ugh. I've been thinking about picking up the Warp20 set as well, don't know if I can be arsed though.

XXXXXX+++++R451665413673407692667.jpg

:emotawesomepm9:

I can't believe this image is still online, I've moved ISPs twice yet this still seems to be on my webspace. Whichever one is the most rare of these -

idmage.jpg

dat kaleidoscope. :boc:

93 pressings

and of course this one

I should've bought that BoC 7" when I had the chance and before the prices shot up after the album announcement, ugh. I've been thinking about picking up the Warp20 set as well, don't know if I can be arsed though.

I actually did own both at one point, the limited version (pressed on virgin vinyl, both version are 180 gram) is noticeably better. Less surface noise.

the Warp20 box set, I would only get it if you can grab it at close to original price (about £90). I was quite disappointed in the 'build' quality of the set, especially after I had seen the pinnacle of box sets, the Nine Inch Nails Ghosts I-IV deluxe set. That thing is fucking beautiful.

93 pressings

and of course this one

I actually did own both at one point, the limited version (pressed on virgin vinyl, both version are 180 gram) is noticeably better. Less surface noise.

the Warp20 box set, I would only get it if you can grab it at close to original price (about £90). I was quite disappointed in the 'build' quality of the set, especially after I had seen the pinnacle of box sets, the Nine Inch Nails Ghosts I-IV deluxe set. That thing is fucking beautiful.

Yeah, my copy is pretty clean but it can be a bit noisy in the quiet areas, still sounds great though.

There's one from Norman (their Discogs page) for 180, I buy a lot of stuff from them, so maybe they'll cut me a deal. :cisfor:

I stopped caring about NIN after Year Zero, but I wouldn't mind if he repressed The Fragile on vinyl, probably my favourite by them.

93 pressings

and of course this one

Yeah, my copy is pretty clean but it can be a bit noisy in the quiet areas, still sounds great though.

There's one from Norman (their Discogs page) for 180, I buy a lot of stuff from them, so maybe they'll cut me a deal. :cisfor:

I stopped caring about NIN after Year Zero, but I wouldn't mind if he repressed The Fragile on vinyl, probably my favourite by them.

After what he did to the reissue of Pretty Hate Machine, I wouldn't touch any reissues of his with a bargepole from now on.

the reissue of Pretty Hate Machine is brickwalled to fuck.

Guest jasondonervan

idmage.jpg

JlSTk7E.jpg

:boc::aphexsign:

I managed to scoop one of those Stereotype EP that squarepusher was selling when he came on the forums here pretending to be "Hardy".

According to discogs there's only 100.

I managed to scoop one of those Stereotype EP that squarepusher was selling when he came on the forums here pretending to be "Hardy".

Ah yeah, well that would be the last rare thing I picked up then !

Ah yeah, well that would be the last rare thing I picked up then !

heh yeah! I'm pretty damn sure it was Tom too. was weird!

I win, with that SND record

93 pressings

I pressed my genitals on a hot candle once and it's still here in the living room with the imprint. Pretty sure theres only one pressing of that.

:pedobear:

edit: I guess that's neither here nor there because I can't put my wax on the record player. It was funny when I did it though it burned...

yep you win

I think the rarest Records that I own would be some Further Records Releases like the Anders Ilar Tape (100 made)

and CON Live '72 on white Vinyl.

The most valuable would be the NY Confidential EP. (around 250 Euros according to Discogs.)

idmage.jpg

JlSTk7E.jpg

:boc::aphexsign:

Son of a bitch. :cerious:

Test pressing.

VmQt7Vt.jpg

Nice! How did you score this?

Hmmmm!

I think the last 'rare' thing I got was this trilogy (I believe there was only about 100-150 of each pressed) -

R-2718964-1297954991.jpeg

R-2991777-1310753878.jpeg

R-3506864-1333171133.jpeg

Hmmm, I really like that cover.

I have plenty of likely rare but not remotely valuable cassettes and 8-tracks I've found at thrift shops and record stores: world pop music, local artist demos, late 60s/early 70s era cassette releases. For example, I have 8-track bootleg of Axis Bold As Love with a crude illustration of Hendrix playing guitar that I couldn't find on ebay or discogs. The only reference to the record label that put it out was a 70s newspaper clipping from Oklahoma about local record labels being sued. It sounds pretty decent but the wow-and-flutter at the end is pretty ridiculous and trippy.

I bought the Chiastic Slide import 13 years ago, which was pricier than most CDs at the time. I still consider it one of my dearest possessions.

Guest jasondonervan

Test pressing.

VmQt7Vt.jpg

Nice! How did you score this?

Software did a blink-and-you'll-miss-it pre-order bundle for Replica. Not sure how many were made, but I don't think it was many. This was included as well:

V7uSy1V.jpg

Just dug this one out, Ai Aso - Umerumonoizen. A beautiful LP, only released in Japan and sadly limited to a couple of hundred copies I think (more people should get to hear it)

xUpEPeV.jpg

Archived