IGNORED

Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks

YO303

Guest trananhhung

Releasing sub par and dull but "new" sounding music is fine. Packaging it like it's the next Downward Spiral is not.

Respect.

Guest trananhhung

It sounds like those terrible last albums from Interpol. I'm more and more :cerious:

I am whole I am free

I am whole I can see

Always here

Finally

I believe

He doesn't disappoint lyrically, that's for sure.

Edited by trananhhung

It sounds like those terrible last albums from Interpol. I'm more and more :cerious:

I am whole I am free

I am whole I can see

Always here

Finally

I believe

He doesn't disappoint lyrically, that's for sure.

Oh hell yes - Interpol - talk about lighting striking only once...

The newly leaked NIN track, "Everything" sounds like a mix between...

• Green Day's Nimrod album
  • The Hives
  • ADULT
  • The Cure/Joy Division

Am I wrong?

I fucking like this. It's finally something different!!!! I'd be glad if most of the album sounded like this. Just kinda wish Trenty stopped it already with that mundane 808 sound lol

Guest trananhhung

You're totally right, Lane. But why the TDS typeface, why the David Lynch video... I don't know. Maybe the flow of the album will make it work. I'm seriously :cerious:

^ ... oh and they should change the name from Nine Inch Nails to something more fitting too for this direction. Otherwise, it's just weird.

You're totally right, Lane. But why the TDS typeface, why the David Lynch video... I don't know. Maybe the flow of the album will make it work. I'm seriously :cerious:

lol yes,

but hey at least :cerious: is better than :dry: when it comes to nin these days. (:

he has us intrigued/confused/baffled.. so he did something right.

Edited by Lane Visitor

Guest Gravity

According to NPR Everything is "virtually a pop tune" compared to the rest of the LP, so that's that. I did crack up when he first started singing on this though. Copy of A is catchy.

Guest Qvarcos

Meh, i wanted to hear hardcore distorted guitar melodies and piano. But no... Come on TR :/ Hopefully the album's other parts will be better. Find My Way is good.

.. i always love those keyboard/piano lines though. and that ambience/air. so theres that (: can't complain too much. yeah, its a samey nin vocal melody/structure/lyric, but it has a hynotic/cool atmosphere, and it seems like that's one of his biggest strengths coming out of the fragile. i'd almost rather him pull from that giant Fragile pool for inspiration than do some 3rd rate angry tds/broken-era "comeback" rehash thing. its also better than almost anything off of year zero imo.

Guest trananhhung

I’m surprised that there is still no leak.

The track is ok. Less annoyingly busy than the slow tracks on YZ, but the verse vocal melody is bothersome and repeated ad nauseum. It's all very predictable, and very HTDA. If these are the best tracks on the album, there's no hope. Unless all the other tracks are energetic instrumentals with The Fragile era quality!

Edited by trananhhung

Find My Way is excellent. A get the impression so far that the album will contain a lot of variety. But I wouldn't mind if he put out a minimal electronic album with tracks just like Find My Way. It's a mature sound for Reznor.

Guest Gravity

Find My Way is really nice, as was said it's very Fragile-era and spacious. Even Deeper vibes.

Love the ending.

Edited by Gravity