IGNORED

Autechre influences in TH

zlemflolia

I can totally feel that this whole album is influenced by Autechre tremendously

The melody at the end of Sick Times sounds completely Peel Session (2) era stuff

And the start of Palace Posy sounds like a remix of something off Envane to me, Tilapia maybe

Anyone else feeling this. Lots of other tracks also sound to be very RDJish/AB style as well

I'm not sure about ae influences but its pretty remarkable that ae, with consistent output, and boc's long absence, that they both landed in the same space in 2013. dark, moody, groovy and sounding like a perfect extension of themselves.

I def hear some parallel developments in BOC's sound and similarities to ae. Big, spacious sounds, huge reverb. But also I hear rubbery synths and clickety drums and cold melodies like early ae. BOC was on skam afterall.

I noticed the drums in particular sounded like 90s Ae, yeah. In particular some tracks sounded like the drums had been slowed down or effected in very similar ways that Autechre have used. Interestingly enough, I found the album in general to be exploring a very similar kind of landscape to Exai, although very differently. Kind of modern and minimal but still dark and detailed.

The drums on Gemini are the same as on Yulquen and the vocals on Reach For The Dead are obviously a direct quote from the lyrics on Parhelic Triangle.

Also, how hasn't anyone noticed Gemini is Sublimit in reverse?

Guest Retrig

The drums on Gemini are the same as on Yulquen and the vocals on Reach For The Dead are obviously a direct quote from the lyrics on Parhelic Triangle.

Also, how hasn't anyone noticed Gemini is Sublimit in reverse?

I think the drums in Gemini are some of the most intense and intricate I've heard from anyone in recent memory. Hardcore.

I remember people comparing BoC to Ae around the time MHTRC came out. Even thinking that they had been listening to Autechre when they first heard BoC in the radio. It wasn't so far fetched idea back before LP5 and Confield.

But yeah, I can hear some Ae influences in the drums in TH. I think this is the most IDM record BoC have made in the classical 90s sense of IDM.

Archived