IGNORED

Place to chat about AAA thread

lumpenprol

I honestly don't think it would be as fun/cool with rdj or boc. of course I could be wrong but, with boc especially, a lot of their image has to do with their mystique.

I have to say, I am absolutely floored by how amazing these two bastards are. Sean and rob have set a new bar for shit. 12 hour mixes and such and now a 5 day q&a marathon, no holds barred? Amazon.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this also made me lel:

Speaking of Richard Devine, Rob do your kids ever mess around with your equipment?

they like the look of the modulars or controllers switches/knobs, they'll want to play spaceships n shit, i'll let em all over pads n keys. anything not wired up for tracks at the time of Ae sessions. otherwise we end up with more gescom.

nah seriously though, i've heard a ton of ae tracks on youtube & i always get this vibe like...well, I don't wanna say "chill" but definitely a sense of following whatever weird ideas present themselves no matter where they go, even if that means seven straight minutes of boo-bam sounds or creepy digital droney noises. Music that hasn't been forced to go anywhere against its will to fit a stylistic trend or whatever

anyway i'm often madlazy about actually obtaining albums (legally or otherwise), but this thread has been reminding me how groovy their stuff sounds to my ears so gon get on that. I think the record store has tri repetae and quaristice

nah seriously though, i've heard a ton of ae tracks on youtube & i always get this vibe like...well, I don't wanna say "chill" but definitely a sense of following whatever weird ideas present themselves no matter where they go, even if that means seven straight minutes of boo-bam sounds or creepy digital droney noises. Music that hasn't been forced to go anywhere against its will to fit a stylistic trend or whatever

anyway i'm often madlazy about actually obtaining albums (legally or otherwise), but this thread has been reminding me how groovy their stuff sounds to my ears so gon get on that. I think the record store has tri repetae and quaristice

Tri has some incredible songs. Quaristice as well.

I honestly recommend all of their albums. It's some of the most incredible programming and sequencing out there. But yo, if you don't want to buy them, just fly over to Calgary for a shroomy day with me and we can go over their discography. lol

And to all you lazy-ass hacks (you know who you are) who will predictably crib from this in order to scrape hits to your shite music blogs without crediting Joyrex/extended WATMM family for making this happen?

sry, 4got to credit WATMM earlier. mad propz to Joyrex and WATMM. (also CHATMM) ...we good now guise?

Someone needs to compile this shit after its over.

Right, well seeing as the end is nowhere in sight and I'm only on 190-odd questions answered across 20-odd pages so far (Sean pls... slow down, you're a machine mate!).. let's get this out into the wild:

WATMM - Ask Autechre Anything transcript

I WILL FINISH THIS EVENTUALLY

And to all you lazy-ass hacks (you know who you are) who will predictably crib from this in order to scrape hits to your shite music blogs without crediting Joyrex/extended WATMM family for making this happen?

Go

bleep_logo.jpg

Yourself.

jasondonervansavesthedayagain.

Seriouslythanksforthis:cisfor:

I have to say, I am absolutely floored by how amazing these two bastards are. Sean and rob have set a new bar for shit. 12 hour mixes and such and now a 5 day q&a marathon, no holds barred? Amazon.

Yeah it's pretty mindblowing when u think about it, we're only a community of a few hundred or so regular posters (case in point: I've got the 123rd-most posts of all active users, my man six is nipping at my heels buy Ima bout to go on a spree and pass that pretentious twat Phillip Glass), I often wonder what fraction of their fan base we make up... 1%, 0.1, 0.01? And is this it? Are we last house on Fanboy Lane? Maybe it's been answered already, but how'd JR manage to hook this up?

this also made me lel:

Speaking of Richard Devine, Rob do your kids ever mess around with your equipment?

they like the look of the modulars or controllers switches/knobs, they'll want to play spaceships n shit, i'll let em all over pads n keys. anything not wired up for tracks at the time of Ae sessions. otherwise we end up with more gescom.

+1. The Richard Devine cock-punching was hela lel as wel

man it seems like they ignore all my questions about untilted live and quaristice. i guess i have no good questions.

:shrug:

Nah I think they just don't know how to answer some of them. If you look at most of the "I asked this earlier but got ignored" questions, they will answer them starting with "not really sure how to answer this q"

I haven't gotten an answer to any of my questions yet. Granted, they weren't the best questions.

They also dodged my requests to name my gear.

Oh well.

Maybe they read something I wrote at some point saying how I liked their early stuff better than their new stuff.

I wonder if they really have been lurking here for a while, like they said... and to what extent.

this also made me lel:

+1. The Richard Devine cock-punching was hela lel as wel

holy shit that devine zinger was amazing

man, I can't think of a single good question to ask. most people have already asked heaps of good qs about tracks, samples, creative process, gear, inspiration, history, motivation, etc. hell, someone even asked if it was washable. game ova, mayne.

man, I can't think of a single good question to ask. most people have already asked heaps of good qs about tracks, samples, creative process, gear, inspiration, history, motivation, etc. hell, someone even asked if it was washable. game ova, mayne.

Ask what their favourite film quotes are maybe

Guest cult fiction

So we're coming to the end, and I think WATMM needs to leave Sean & Rob with something to remember us by.

I'm thinking...

Everybody changes their avatar to a Bull Wallet cover

http://bullwalletversions.tumblr.com/

or maybe

A dramatic collective reading of Autechre track titles and album names(the more unpronounceable ones to hilarious effect), here is one I just did for 'bladelores'

bladelores.wav

I fully volunteer to edit together everybody's dramatic readings

So we're coming to the end, and I think WATMM needs to leave Sean & Rob with something to remember us by.

I'm thinking...

or maybe

A dramatic collective reading of Autechre track titles and album names(the more unpronounceable ones to hilarious effect), here is one I just did for 'bladelores'

attachicon.gifbladelores.wav

oh kinda like a present to the artists from their fans?!

:boc:

Guest cult fiction

I'm thinking...

or maybe

attachicon.gifbladelores.wav

oh kinda like a present to the artists from their fans?!

:boc:

nah thas gay

It would be more like... uh... well OK

Archived